Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow OOC - Page 10 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow OOC

Go down 
+4
Hadenwolf
Suspect
No_Name
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:05 am

Ditto.
While temperature can permeate solid surfaces, the time it would take for a body's heat to warm a wall enough to register on thermographic sensors would constitute a runner to stand in one spot for an inordinate period.
And while glass transfers temperature much quicker, the time factor would still be preemptive.

Bravo Noug!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:08 am

Not quite i am treating therographics as thermographics. but you are right windows would stop ultrasound as well (which is why Ronin isn't using that to look through the window either).

Thermographic vision picks up the signature from heat. windows will reflect that working more like a mirror. Using a thermographic camera I was able to take a picture of myself by looking at my reflection in a window. And on a side note, I was also able to take a picture of myself using a shiny piece of sheetmetal. It refleced my thermo image better than the window did. At no time was I able to see the image of someone on the other side of the window or through a wall.

I suppose if the heat source was hot enough it would heat a wall to the point that the wall would be hotter and thus brighter than it should be but any level of detail would not exist
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:56 pm

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MORTIMER LMAO!!! IDK WHAT TO DO LOL UMMM??? i think you got me im trained for monsters not freaking bombs lol if that is what it is... you have to give me a half hour ill start typing then lol you sneaky lol I see two objectives here one and most important save the contact two and equally important save my own ass... can i do both though.. lol sorry ok ill be back...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:04 pm

Ugh! Sorry about the fly skill - I should have put a note in the Character Sheet. For fly-capable characters, the Athletics Skill Group is used for Fly tests as well as the normal functions of the skill group. Though, had I forgone the Athletics skill group, I would have had to take Fly as a separate skill. So Shan is not a terribly skilled flier (Athletics 1)... I "rationalize" that by the fact that, as a shifter, she spent enough time on two legs not to have mastered the "art", though the truth is that after paying the Racial costs, there just isn't enough left over for pumping up the skills! Athletics is obviously high on the list of skills to spend Karma on, once it's been doled out a bit.

So, if you still want her to be a Fly of 3, I won't argue; but I am obliged to tell you that without you overruling that, she only has a 1 per her sheet.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 2:38 pm

@Gala
I looked up other critters of a comparable type to Shan and almost uniformly their Flight skills were set at 3. None of them had the Athletics skills, as a group or individually.

@Ghostmaker
I can't imagine what you're so concerned about.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:01 pm

lol oh i dont know in a word bomb and i had a solution but i also have this new awsome mouse that has really cool game buttons but the problem is the wrong button clicked and well i gotta do it over ill be done soon i know what to type should be funny i or idk brb
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Ok, that's for players only at this point...characters have no knowledge of that little bit of "meanwhile..."

@Ghostmaker
Hang tight, omae. I'll respond to your post after Gala and Nougat get their posts up.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 6:40 am

NP im cleaning so ill be around
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Jagger wrote:
Ok, that's for players only at this point...characters have no knowledge of that little bit of "meanwhile..."

@Ghostmaker
Hang tight, omae. I'll respond to your post after Gala and Nougat get their posts up.
Twisted Evil

Jag, My response has been up for a while
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Going to give you all something better than my last few posts. Should be up sometime tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:34 am

Gala
After reading up on Surprise, I see I didn't do it right. But Shan's regenerative power took care of the damage, so all's well.
If it had not, then I would have done some editing on your behalf.

All
Still working on responses.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:27 am

@Jagger: Regeneration can be a really useful power from time to time. It's important to remember, as a Player, that Regeneration is not indomitable: it happens per turn, not pass, so damage can quite easily accumulate fast enough for a kill in 4 passes... Also, since it's Magic+Body, the dice-pool is limited, so the amount of damage that can be regenerated is not typically very high.
But: survive long enough, and it really starts to become awesome! Example: characters involved in 2 back-to-back fights - typically there has been minutes between fights. While minutes is quite a short period of time for normal healing, planning, etc.; it is quite a long time in terms of regeneration...

Let me know if I can bring some clarity to the Surprise rules. My understanding of the situation is that the situation moved forward correctly. i.e.: even though Shan won the Surprise round, unless she was aware she was being attacked, she wouldn't have dodged, nor flown faster. So before you know if she should have acted first, you should roll her Perception to see if she knows she's being attacked. Otherwise, she can't act anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Thing is, I did not really roll for Surprise, I simply went by Shan's nonchalant reaction to the hawk's presence as grounds for the hawk's having the 'upper hand' to attack. As I said, I have since read the Surprise section in SR4A and will henceforth proceed accordingly.
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 am

Humph... It's a mundane hawk. Shan doesn't want to defend herself against that... It's not fair to the hawk! Even if the thing manages to score a couple of hits, at the end of the day, Shan regenerates, but the Hawk will have to wait for any damage she does to it to heal naturally.
I'll have a post up later, but there's no way she's going to engage this poor creature. It can hunt for food here unfettered by Shan.

Re: Surprise. If this had been handled using Surprise rules, my guess is that it would all have worked out just as it did anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 7:27 am

Don't shed tears for the 'poor' hawk prematurely. Non-Awakened does not equate to defenseless.
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:37 am

Nobody would be silly enough to assume that non-awakened equates to defenseless. But similarly, Shan is an animal first and metahuman second. And animals don't fight other animals unless it's for food or territory. Shan is interested in neither in this case, and thus engaging would be all of: counterproductive, counterintuitive, and opposing her respect for nature. Adding on top of that the fact that Shan regenerates, in her opinion the fight would simply not be fair, and thus not even fun. Hence, she has no motive to retaliate.

I'll get a post up soon; but Shan is going to fly on.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:00 pm

I think i have some catching up to do...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Ill post something up tomorrow for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:43 am

initiative for mercy 9 dice 6 hits OMG lol 2passes = 15 for me im sure they go on like a twenty lol
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 6:58 am

@Jagger Yo Chummer lol i kinda wish it would have exploded now Razz several wasp spirits? I'v gotta go over my skill set with with a fine tooth comb and the rules books, OR run like hell lol, you have way more faith in me then i do lol
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:30 am

great now ronin has to worry about demons in the form of giant bugs
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:31 am

Jagger how many is several two, three can i even tell lol by looking cause there coming after me...

@Ronin lol i know bugs two im starting to like it here lol

oh jagger also need to know how close they are to each other in meters k ill roll what ever you like lastly can i make a knowledge roll to see if i know anything about Wasp spirits that might be relevant to help
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Ok my initiative is in let me know whats up ill post up in the middle of the week or sooner later cant wait to see if i live lol

Also do i roll spirit lore, or parazoology or both... for knowledge of ways to deal with these creatures...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 am

Hi Jagger, sorry for not posting this sooner: Last week my landlord asked me to move out by the end of the month... Needless to say, every waking moment has been dedicated to finding, vetting, and preparation for moving. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to posting again next week.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 am

No worries Gala, I have not been able to stay active myself; my classes start next week, had family in from out of town/state, and a cousin went in for cancer surgery yesterday.

And if I had a suitable place (my apartment would barely classify as a Middle Lifestyle, lol), I'd offer you a roomie situation. Hope you find something you like soon.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow OOC
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next