Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeChance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Chance at the Majors OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Ghostmaker
Wreck
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Everyone roll initiative.

I'm going to save all the IC & OOC pages in a text doc just in case this site actually goes down.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Number of posts : 612
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Night Fist
Race: Ork
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

Teckster's initiative

Initiative 7 + Increased Reflexes Threshold 3 +2 = 9

5 hits

Initiative 9 + 5 = 14

Hey I'm not so slow now Ya Magic affraid

I'll keep checking back between this and the other site.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Darkon, funny that you mention being noticed... 'cause she was Cool Sorry, but Siona's stealth skill really needs some work. Sad No surprise round for Siona's attack. That brings her to a pool of 9.

Don't worry about re-rolling, I'll just lop of the dice (doesn't seem to effect the attack attempts anyway).

Looking back in SR4A, it looks like she also takes a -2 mod for attacking an additional target bringing the pool to 7. Then there is the off-hand modifier for the one attack which is -2 (after the pool split). So the pool split is 3/4 with the off-hand mod it's 3/2 (She still gets her two 6s! Wink ) Re-rolling the two 6s gets her one more hit on the one Ork girl she actually gets to hit (assuming this is what she does when it gets to her turn in combat).

I'm curious about the extra three dice you claim she gets. What are those from? I'm willing to allow it, but only if she really deserves them.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 pm

@wnd_Phantom: Semi-auto dice pool is 14 so the split is at 7 each. Ambidextrous means no penalty for "off-hand" smart move there man. Range is short, so no mod. +1 to one pool for "aiming" You can't really aim with more than one gun unless you've got more than one brain I recon. That's 8/7. No bonus from smartlink (blame SR4A 150 "Attacker using second Firearm") This is probably for the same reason you can only aim with one gun at a time. Lose another -2 for there being a second target (I'll be nice and let you split that penalty, 7/6. He's still doing pretty good. This, of course, assumes he needs to open fire. Shocked

Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 pm

Sorry so late with my initiative ill roll and be right back k ill edit this post and put it up

Initiative roll for KC = one hit so 11 initiative
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm

sorry wreck, i don't have the 4A, i've fot the 4 core book, the errata for said book, ars, aug, sm, unw, RC, etc. just for the hell of it could you post up the attacker using a second weapon?

init 14 = 4 hits + 14 = 18

yippee ki yay

were you including my +1 for multi strike, and the possible +2 if i use full offense? maneuvers just give so many possibilities.

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 pm

the initial roll should have been 13 dice. But I only rolled 10. The three dice I rolled afterwards were the ones I initially forgot.

Agility3+Unarmed combat5 (specialization carromeleg+2) +1 from the carromeleg advantage for initiating a surprise attack +Edge2. = 13d

And you said yourself she gets a surprise round in OOC, which makes sense to me since they are in a crowded park, and she comes up from behind. Like someone just passing by.

Sooo... if you rule she loses the surprise, things look not as good for her anymore. Wink

Initiative roll Rea3+int4=7d (7d6. hits(5)=1) Her initiative score is 8, by the way... Ini 7 + one hit. >_>

Edit: I just read over the combat section again. It is a bit confuse, but the -2 per additional target is a ranged attack modifier (20th anniversary corebook pages 152), while in melee, attacking multiple targets does split up the dice pool. (Same book, page 158.) I also just found, for a touch only attack, there is a +2 dice bonus. (also on page 158) I didn't even know that yet. Very Happy

Sorry, I'm trying not to nitpick. It's a bad habit of mine. Your final ruling is final of course.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

@ darkon: I've only got her Unarmed skill ranked at 2. 2 + 3 = 5 + spec 2 = 7 + 2 edge = 9

I rolled her stealth vs their perception, they won. Which means that they saw her coming through the trees to circle around them. Sorry, but the big dude with cannons on his shoulders sort of put them on edge and they got the +3 die to perception for surprise checks.

I'm always willing to adjust for correct rules Very Happy so dropping the extra -2 for additional target is cool with me, luckily it didn't effect outcome either way. Very Happy

I'll need to read the stuff on 158 (later) and that will likely negate most of the negatives as you pointed out, but I'll need time (I don't have right now) to double check.

@ phantom

Sure thing buddy, later when I've got a a few spare minutes.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Take the time you need Wreck. I'm in no hurry here. Wink

Siona has the unarmed combat skill at 2. But she also has the specialization martial arts, which gives her another 2 when she fights using one of the martial art styles she knows. Right now she only knows Carromeleg. And she used that in her post. Wink

Skill2+specialization2+Attribute3=7d. It's in her character sheet here.

I just checked, it is also in the chummer file.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Just read phantoms post, I got something in mind, but Wreck called for initiative so i think combat turns are coming next, iv said the weapon was readied, but I can only post so much. I think speaking is a free action that said I'll post a response to phantom...

@wreck If you don't like or want it up because you think it should be done on my turn then cools please take it down or ill do it its cools no problem... Just was not sure what to post is, all posting shortly...
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 6:04 pm

@Wreck.
Suddenly I can't log into Invisible Castle to roll..... Soon as I can I'll roll initiative unless you want to do that for me in order to expedite things.
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm

OK, finally got on and can roll again. Initiative: Init5 + 3 hits = 8
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 am

@wnd_phantom:
Quote :
Attacker Using a Second Firearm
Characters can use two pistol- or SMG-class weapons, one in each hand, firing both with a single Simple Action. Doing so, however, requires that the character split his dice pool between the attacks. If two separate skills are being used (Pistols and Automatics), use the smallest dice pool. Split the pool before applying modifiers. Two-gun attacks also negate any dice pool bonuses from smartlinks or laser sights. Additionally, any uncompensated recoil modifiers applicable to one weapon also apply to the other weapon.

@Darkon:
So we are both in agreement that her base (before mods) unarmed dice pool is 7. Good. Very Happy I got to read what you pointed out, and you're right. no -2 for the second target in melee. They are both definitely within a meter of each other, so you do get to do the two attacks. Adding edge is a pool of 9. Splitting that makes it 5/4. Off hand makes it 5/2 (still preserving the two 6s). That gives her two hits plus the re-rolls on the one ork, and missing the second one entirely. Re-rolling the 6s gave her one more hit on that ork.

Darkon, unless you disagree, I'm going to rull that Siona's attack happens before initiative. They were not surprised, but they were also not fully expecting her to attack so she still acts just as Joker imposes himself between the human and the pavilion.

Oh, and which of her four hands is her dominant one? Wink

@Ghostmaker:
You're post is fine. Just so long as your realize that Cat is still on her back and hasn't sighted her target (except the video feeds) yet. She'll have to move into position during her initiative phase.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 am

Initiative
Joker: 18 1/3
Human: 15 1/?
Teckster: 14 1/3
Ork 2: 13 1/?
Ork 1: 11 1/?
Cat: 11 1/3
Wino: 11 (glitch wtf?) 1/?
Smoken D: 8 1/1
RaƩn: 8 1/1

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:10 am

I did my initiative on the last page I got 14 and I have 3 passes.

Just FYI
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

Heh, I thought I had seen you roll, I just didn't see it when I was looking earlier.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 am

wngd_Phatom, Joker is up first.

Initiative
Teckster: 14 1/3 (2s dmg taken)
Ork 2: 13 1/?
Ork 1: 11 1/? (4s dmg taken)
RaƩn: 8 1/1 (1s dmg taken)
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 pm

The Wino glitches from too much of the snake squeezen.

The Beer it was spiked.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 pm

You think they still have Mad Dog 20/20 in 2072?
Back to top Go down
CrowDancing
Fixer
Fixer
CrowDancing

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Probably, we haven't gotten rid of malt liquor yet.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am

I see we have a couple "shoot first, ask questions later," types. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:27 am

Ok first off i don't drink but when i do i prefer Mad dog 20/20 taste like cool aid lol Razz "Stay thirsty my friends" and second who's go is it wait ill check initiative i think its bad guys or Techster i really hope that drunken mage does not go poof your a frog I couldn't get a bead on him from back there even if he did And im apparently not fast enough to take a shot at the middle man but that's probably good as I'm starting to feel like he was just late lol that would be sooooo bad but hey we have orders right...? Right!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 8:01 am

Human is up next, I just need to make some rolls and such first.

@wngd_phantom: I'll roll with the warhawks being loaded with sns. Your post implies that they have ammo skip, and I just wanted to make sure that you know that they don't, and to "change" ammo he'd have to use a bunch of simple & complex actions. On that note, what type of rounds are in the two speed loaders Joker has for the warhawks?

Oh, and I just want to make sure I'm reading this right, 2 edge used and split for each simple action to fire, correct?

Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 am

Initiative
Earth Elemental:15 1/3
Earth Elemental: 15 1/3
Water Elemental: 15 1/3
Teckster: 14 1/3 (2s dmg taken)
Ork 2: 13 1/? (10s dmg 2p dmg taken)
Ork 1: 11 1/? (7s dmg taken)
RaƩn: 8 1/1 (1s dmg taken)

Teckster, you're up.
Back to top Go down
scawire
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
scawire

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:03 am

I'm betting I have to roll for my edit SO

Computer 3 + Program 5 + Adept ability 1 = 9

2 hits

Until I know the wino is up to no good I'm not geek the mage. But If I have to I want Smoken D to give me some much needed cover fire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance at the Majors OOC   Chance at the Majors OOC - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chance at the Majors OOC
Page 11 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next