Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSomething went wrong. OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Something went wrong. OOC

Go down 
+4
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
TheOneBigOne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am

Reduced Sense: Blind, Combat Monster, Distinctive Style, and Illiterate. Very Happy That's the max I can take. And all quite appropriate. 'course, I've got 25 points of positive qualities, so it didn't net me too man extra bp.

Though... as I type that, I notice that I might want to change Illiterate... not really fair to take the disadvantage of not behing able to read when he can't see to read anyway... may rule out braile but that wouldn't be that big of a penalty. Didn't really think of that when I first choose it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:27 am

Blind people read... it's called braille

He just cant read braille or any other form of written communication.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, I actually have a very good friend who is blind. But if you are ok with me taking it, then I will. Actually makes sense - he hasn't been blind very long, so hasn't had a chance to learn braille.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:44 pm

Although with the combat monster and being an adept are you gonna take the Bear totem? It would seem to be the best fit.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 12:56 pm

He's most definately a berzerker, but at this point I'm not planning on taking any totem. If I can find the 5 extra bps though, bear would be the one I took.

He's something of a mix of two norse concepts - he's a berzerker, but he also gave up his sight for wisdom (read detection spells and initiation), similar to the story of Odin (hence his handle) or the traditional 'blind seer'.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:20 pm

What meta-types is everyone planning on playing? Any UGE or surge? Any exotics?
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Baseline troll here.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 1:53 pm

General run of the mill Human
I will have to post my character tomorrow
still need to to upgrade him
100,000 NY and 125 Karma
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:04 pm

My character is posted in my thread. Male Elven Combat Mage.

Mirikon typically likes to get in close when fighting, using twin scimitars to fight against groups, or using his katana against powerful foes or dual natured creatures. He is trained in the elven martial art of Carromeleg, an explosive martial art where practicioners seem completely at ease, up until the moment of the attack.

Mirikon uses his spells almost exclusively to improve his combat ability, having only a couple that aren't directly related to fighting. Typically, he'll go into a fight with his sustaining foci sustaining an Increase Reflexes spell and his Cold Aura spell, making his attacks even more deadly.

Outside of combat, Mirikon is surprisingly charming, especially for someone who is so ruthless in combat. He's not much of a negotiator, unless you count negotiating a pretty woman out of her dress. In those cases, he's clearly at the top of his game.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:16 pm

I'm thinking a human with 4 cyberlimbs with skimmer disk legs and 2 arm mounted cybernetic grenade launchers named
Fake Sin: Phoenix Darke
Streetname: Killfrak Soulslotter

Samurai with 4 obvious cyberlimbs, torso and cyberskull.
Arms: 2 Smartlinked Cybernetic Grenade Launchers and Grapple Hands
Legs: 2 Skimmerdisk systems and Roller Skates.

He gets around town by grabbing nearby buildings with his magnetic grapple hands on his amazing roller skates.

(Ok, kidding)
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:47 pm

You had me worried there for a minute Fugitive... Very Happy

Hey Mirikon - wanna have a bit of common background? I needed a fixer contact, so I was thinking we both worked for Ellaneth at the same time, though Iceblade was closer to him. This would have been back before Odin's vision quest, when he was significantly less powerful but still had his sight.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 pm

um... so blending in with 4 arms and feet that humm might be a little hard but other than that ok.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Mirikon, character looks fine go ahead and post your actions IN GAME thread.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Azonalanthious wrote:
You had me worried there for a minute Fugitive... Very Happy

Hey Mirikon - wanna have a bit of common background? I needed a fixer contact, so I was thinking we both worked for Ellaneth at the same time, though Iceblade was closer to him. This would have been back before Odin's vision quest, when he was significantly less powerful but still had his sight.

Closer to her, you mean. All Mirikon's contacts are female.

And sure, we can have some common background.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah, about that. Do we have our gear, or not?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:18 pm

Miri you have what you would carry to the grocery store. I know for some that means a firearm and some smokes. For some that might mean a rocket propelled grenade launcher, ten pistols, three smgs, a wagon full of ammo, a toaster oven, a toothbrush, tent, sleepingbag, and full riot gear armor. But for most maybe a knife, pistol, credstick, light armor, etc...

Oh and since there is no player decker I have made an NPC Decker with a common thread. Treat him as another player he has been on runs with some of you before.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 pm

Yeah, Mirikon would be the kind of guy who doesn't go anywhere without his blades, unless there is a DAMN good reason not to. I'll post accordingly once I get back from my weekly IRL game.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Done. Very Happy I went ahead and set Odin's sheet up on mythweavers - closer to the PDF you favored.

In terms of 'grocery store run' he would be in his duster rather then his mail and would be carrying his knife, but not his axe. Full injectors in the armor, but no spares on the drugs, only one stim patch.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 pm

Ok two things for ODIN One: mystical adepts get very powerful very fast. Realize that he and the rest of the team will face more dangerous situations as your powers progress. Two: licenses, real or faked?

Oherwise looks good go ahead and post In Game.

Oh and Miri who is your initiate group? Was it listed? What are the group strictures (blood oath, vow of silence, ritual scarring)?
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:29 pm

Licenses are fake. And powerwise, he's not going to grow as fast as a normal mystic adept, since I place on focusing his actual magic skills exclusively on detection spells. His actual adept skills, on the other had, are quite good, but not significantly in advance of what you can do with a good samurai - in fact, I could probably put together a samurai of similar skill without the karma. His main advantage is that he can use infusion to adapt his powers to the situation - he can buff mystic amor and be invulnverable, buff spell resistance and bounce back whatever magic is thrown at his, buff reflexes and go to 4 pass, buff agility and blades and get very deadly. But he can only do one of those at a time. And most of his advancement is going to be increasingly 'mystical'. He's about to as deadly in combat as he's going to get for a long time. Where he'll be improving is outside of battle, and maybe a bit more martial arts thrown in.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 5:41 pm

I don't mind powerful characters, I think they can be alot of fun to play and GM. Just wanted to make sure you understood that as he does get better (and he will get better... because he wont hit that limit that all sammies hit) he will continue to grow more and more powerful. So too will the enemies of the team grow in threat.
I agree that sammies begin strong but that is also the weakness of the class... they just don't get a whole lot better with karma alone.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 pm

He didn't have an initiation group. He did it on his own.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 am

um Im still working on a decker, but I have work so I will have to post it tonight
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 7:10 am

IC post edited to reflect changes due to increased background count.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am

Am I correct in thinking that there is 1 hell rat, and all the rest are regular rats?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something went wrong. OOC
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next