Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeSomething went wrong. OOC - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Something went wrong. OOC

Go down 
+4
Mirikon
Fugitive Unknown
Azonalanthious
TheOneBigOne
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:57 am

Yes you are correct sir!
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:04 am

Based on your decription, several turns have passed - are Iceblade and I free to act again or do you want us waiting for the other players to get their characters complete and make their first post? Or for that matter, should I wait for Iceblade to act again, since he has several initative passes and I (currently) don't?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:07 am

At this point I'm still just setting up the scene for more people to arrive and to give it that "feel" of action. ( on a separate note I just looked at some of the other games going on right now and Devil Rats seem to be this week’s flavor for npc battles Razz) If you want to take action and kill some regular rats that are mobbing you at this point it might be worth an extra point of karma or two when the time comes to award it...
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:22 am

Sounds good. I assume there are as many rats around as I can reach? I'll post something in a bit, after I finish lunch.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:17 am

I'll be posting my character later tonight, sorry for the delay - I have a lot of school stuff and work stuff to deal with, and my friend from Toronto was in town this week.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 11:44 am

I understand about life, no worries.
Azo you have as many rats as you want omae.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:31 am

Too many character ideas, too little time and not sure of which to develop fully and play.

I did a ridiculosuly powerful non combat mage and a machine pistol toting elf samurai with 4 non-obvious cybernetic limbs (and
an absolutely criminal agility).

I'm thinking I'll go with the mage, I'll put it up in about 10 hours or so.

One hypothetical question, how would drain work wtih adept powers.. every power you use? Every turn you use them? Is there
a roll to resist or do you just suck 3 levels?
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 am

I can only assume that your question is about the background count and how it affects adepts. So in response to that question:
It does cause drain on powers that already cause drain like attribute boost power, and it also does “suck” however many magic points from the adept. So if the background count is 6 and your adept only has 6 magic, your adept would lose all of his adept powers while he was in the background area. (Not to mention he would probably lose his mind if he had lived his life using those power while a newer adept might survive better) If the background count isn’t big enough to swallow all of your magic points say it’s just 3 you lose 3 points worth of adept powers(you just can’t use them until you leave the area with the background count).

If your question is just about adept power in general only certain ones do have drain, and you treat it just like a mage would treat drain.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Soon as the last characters get in I will advance the storyline sorry about dragging the rat fight out for so long.
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:54 pm

Character's up - Simon Mulligan in my character section.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm

I didn't take a super detailed look, but I think your karma expenditure is off Fugitive. Initation, grade 5 (I've got the same) runs 93 karma (13+16+19+21+24) and 3 points of magic (assuming you started at the max of 6) runs 72 (21+24+27) which is 165 right there and you only had 125...
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Whoops!

Sorry, it was pervious edition assumption kicking my trog. I didn't realize you had to pay to raise magic as well.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Ok fug three things, ONE: if you took quality magician your magic starts at 1, so you’re off on your expenditure it seems. TWO: the game has started in the middle so the last line of your descript is gonna be wrong. (not a big deal) and THREE: the Enemy... it’s ok that you have one but did you take the bonus for a single or group?
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:16 pm

I think this version is a wee bit more fixed. I used the character generator this time so it SHOULD add up. I also found out I didn't have enough points to
start with magic 6 assuming the generator isn't totally borked.

Two: I'll edit it out in a second.

Three: The Enemy is up to you. Simon has no frakking idea who he's pissed off who's got that kinda clout. He's been a shadowrunner for 10 years
and may have pissed off any number of magical people. Your welcome to tie it into the game or do whatever.

I ended up with a magic of 4 I think after 125 karma.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:19 pm

That looks better, go ahead and post up in game.

P.S. Did my response answer your question about adept drain?
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Yep, no problem. I'll post now.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 5:41 pm

I know we have one more player that wants to join but now that we have a majority I am impatient and want to get on with it. So the story is going to be moving forward at this point in time. There are plenty of NPC’s in the room so when the last player posts his character I will just substitute in his char for one of the NPC’s therefore I am going to intentionally be rather vague about the others in this room full of rats. Until we have a solid description of the last character. Any objections will be noted then forgotten just as quickly Razz
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Question. What happens when one summons bound spirits in an area with a background count like we're seeing? Because if its going to be a pain, I got a plan B, so long as the walls aren't wet. And if they are? Well, I got a plan C, though I'm not sure it'll work.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Actually, background count wouldn't affect magical skills such as Counterspelling, Spellcasting, etc., except for the fact that the lower magic attribute subtracts from that end of the dice pool. So someone with Magic 4, Counterspelling 4, in a place with Background count 3 would have 5 dice to their pool, barring other modifiers.
Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 4:54 am

Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:40 am

The stats look alright. Do we get a description? Is he a combat decker, or the couch potato version? Why does he know CAS military tactics, is he a history channel buff or has he actually had training? Other than a few background things like those he looks fine go ahead and post but try to get us the descript when you can. Even just a couple lines to let us know he is more than just numbers on a page.
Back to top Go down
TheOneBigOne
Runner
Runner
TheOneBigOne

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:48 am

Miri - good catch I admit, I am human after all, and upon closer reading the skill would not be affected. My in game comment will be edited to reflect this. Sorry. As for bound spirits they do appear as normal however the force of the spirit is reduced by the background count so a force 3 or below would wink out of existence in this particular background count. It’s called disruption and it’s very nasty for pure astral beings. The walls are dusty but not damp.
Back to top Go down
Azonalanthious
Team Leader
Team Leader
Azonalanthious

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 am

Initiative: 6 + 1 hit = 7
Back to top Go down
Fugitive Unknown
Meat
Meat

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 10:21 am

Back to top Go down
silverjezz
Meat
Meat
silverjezz

Number of posts : 27

Character sheet
Character Name: Words
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 12:06 pm

roll initiative
10 + 5 Hits = 15 Initiative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something went wrong. OOC   Something went wrong. OOC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something went wrong. OOC
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next