Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 am

BTW, Ghost? Could you please start using ""'s to denote speech or at least a different colour or something? It's hard sometimes to tell what your character is actually saying or not otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:23 am

Sorry about that. Have kids and its hard to detail stuff with them grabbing my attention, but they go home today yaaaay! and yes i will get right on that from now on consider the dark red speech from t is that better. sorry about that. i had that down at during my first game guess ill pick it up again.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 2:45 pm

ok i thought i should just let eceryone know how the rating of something is going to affect how easily something is obtained

eveything that is Rating 4 and lower can be basicaly bought over the counter everything from rating 5-8 will take a little time, 9-12 goes through the grey market and anyting above that you need contacts. If something is Forbiden treat it as you would for something above rating 12, and if its Restricted treat as if its rating 9-12, If however the rating of the restricted gear goes above 12 you have to go through contacts
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 pm

alrighty, then i should go through the list and figure out the availability on my shopping list real quick.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Sorry for lack of posting. Post-holiday aftermath was nasty.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:45 pm

You know, Kesslan, its a good thing I paid for a 3C/5L Technomancer contact, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Mirikon wrote:
You know, Kesslan, its a good thing I paid for a 3C/5L Technomancer contact, don't you think?

Quite.

If I'd been building anything but a shapeshifter and knew we were gonna get this much up front I'd have shunted a lot more away from starting gear and actually picked up a few contacts like I normally do. That said I also didn't think a character so young, and recently broken away from his corporation should have too many ties, couple that with how there's a bounty on shapeshifters in most places and how most countries don't recognize them as sentient beings able to get a SIN, I figured it would be hard for him to establish contacts and thus dint's tart with any. Despite the issues that causes.

That and I wanted to see how well it would all work out.

On a somewhat related note, got a question for our dear GM.

Since I assume gear capacity rules are in effect, how does that work in regards to accounting for things like thermal damping when full suits of armor are involved?

Eg: Milspec light armor has capacity of 10, the helmet has 5. R6 thermal dampening takes up 5 capacity. Is this all absorbed by the main suit, or is it split between the helmet and the main suit as the helmet would (realistically) need to have thermal masking material in it as well. IE Is the capacity considered a pool where such things are concerned?

Or for that matter, are we even using capacity rules? If not then I don't need to even worry about it but my default is to assume that all such rules are in effect.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am

for the most part i find the capacity ruels a bit unnecisary however i do have eceptions to that, shuch as for weapons, vehicles and armor. If its physicaly added to the item such as aa thermal dampner then yes it is factored in. when going off of armor and its a full set that works together like Military Grade armor or police armor then i factor teh capacity of each item such as a pool with everything taking up capacity being dispersed throughout the object.

but like i said if your adding in VIssion enhancements or Audiou Enhancements then i throw out the capacity limits, same as with electronic enhancements beeing added to the comlink unless it will alter the actual comlink itself such as adding EM Shielding

as a further not though remember that the more aded to that the availability rait will still be affected so keep that in mind as that will affect how easily obtainable somethign is
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 am

Well, Faust's armor definitely uses the capacity rules. But then, those things are all physical changes to the armor. Gotta love that Red Samurai armor.
Back to top Go down
FireSeraph

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Aaliyah La Croix
Race: Elf (Creole)
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Heh...if I knew we were going overseas, I wouldn't have made a street level runner myself. I guess it's all part of the game. Time to roll with it.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:10 pm

Having problems making my shopping list. Never had a mill to shop with. For any character. I'm trying trying to think what should i get. lol Any ideas for physical adapt. I don't have any gleaming cyberware to up grade and no karma to bond a weapon. Just cant seem to come up with anything. If i don't post in and its getting on your nerves just tell me ill make something up k. Got a pretty good fixer too connection 3 pm me with any ideas guys thanks
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:35 pm

be aware that there is a very high posiblity that my las post will change, though this mainly aplies to informaiong that driver will have, im just running on a severe mental block right now and can hardly thaink of anything appropriate, i just posted something that would beable to keep things going at somewhat of a steady pace without major interuptions
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
Having problems making my shopping list. Never had a mill to shop with. For any character. I'm trying trying to think what should i get. lol Any ideas for physical adapt.

Well, even Physical adepts can use upgraded gear. High end comlink, some basic software for it. Maybe a few mapsofts, infiltration and climbing gear. Higher grade weapons than what you have now, or upgrades for your present weaponry. Better armor is another option.

With a mil and sufficient pacience, along witht he connections everyone seems to have, if pooled, you could likely dig up a suit of milspec, which is what I intend to do. May have to wait a long time for it but that's ok.

You could also buy a focus or two and just keep them untill you have the karma to bond to them.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 8:07 pm

thanks for the ideas I just made him a vehicle. Pretty sweet and pretty expensive I'm working out the details now. i considered a weapon focus or some such thing. believe it or not he dose not have heavy weapons lol. who ever rides with me will enjoy what i put in the back lol
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:03 pm

Where did everyone go?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 6:10 pm

It's the holidays dude. Holidays + RL = Greater than the internet. Razz

Personally speaking I'm also still trying to work out my gear wishlist.

Also since there's no joy on buying a smuggling plane, maybe we can rent one or something instead. Personaly I'll have a few issues trying to get past security without them noticing I'm awakened, and potentially that I'm a shifter. The latter would put me in even deeper in hot water.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:01 pm

I know family is more important than the internet. I just happen to have the holidays off and my kid doesn't have to go back to school till monday.

Did you happen to miss my post on i've got several military contacts that are getting us a plane?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:42 pm

wngd_phantom wrote:
Did you happen to miss my post on i've got several military contacts that are getting us a plane?

I saw a post about you saying you were trying to get one, and one where Mirkon attempted the same and got shot down on that end of things. I did not see anything from the GM that confirmed your contacts had any better luck. If that's the case then hey, great.

BTW, semi related note. What do folk think about the idea that since we have the cash to do it, everyone pick up a tacnet software package? With the cash we have we could even spring for an R4 setup and if those without ware tie in sufficient other 'senses' from other sources (Visual/audio enhanments built into gear such as contacts, glasses, earplugs etc) we could actually build a solid net.

Given that we have 6 people we could net ourselves a pool bonus as high as 3 which coudl come in handy. Course an R4 setup would be a bit hard to get (Avail 20) but should be doable and I think it would be a worthwhile investment.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 10:00 pm

BTW in a more unrelated note:

The only reason I'm even trying for Milspec, is because I've yet to ever actually be in a game where I had such a suit. Figured hey.. if we have a mil, I might as well try to get one with all the bells and whistles. If the GM is willing but doesn't want to let a suit like that into the game, that's cool. Just let me know what the acceptable limits would be. I also don't intend to use it as the 'regular' suit, since chameleon coating or no, milspec armor draws a lot of unwanted attention. It's more for a potential case of actually needing heavy weapons/armor.
Back to top Go down
Mirikon
Team Leader
Team Leader
Mirikon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:13 am

Heh. I actually have two 'outfits'. One is layering some armor to give me 13B/11I armor, and the other is my Red Samurai armor, which gives me 15B/15I. Oh, and I also paid for the armor to boost my strength, which does wonders for my melee damage. 8P, -1 AP is nothing to sneeze at.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A time for secrets ooc   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 11:54 am

I posted in the wrong spot consider my last post ooc sorry
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm

for speach of anykind you ca nuse puce for all i care, just no one use Cyan as that is what i am using for GM Comments
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Wow, i like that Hide code, it will make things easier for me now knowing that i can do that Very Happy. now i can post information and you cant see it till you pass the test
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Did you still want me to roll the one dice that i have for the decryption test?
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:12 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next