Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:32 pm

I suspect the Japanese are still using these paper face masks in 2072?

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 12622410
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:46 am

the paint is my invention if it is similar to something in the books i will refer to it and pay for it of course just wanted to make a personal touch on the visual as well.

What rules for drain do you use in the game, core1 Anniversary or some house rules?

Will be using a the same OOC for both teams or will we have just the one? Not sure if it's ok to post here. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:18 am

Quote :
Astral Pigments: Astral pigments are made from the extract-
ed arcanachromoplast cells of a dual-natured Awakened butterl y.
h e cells are maintained in a tube of nanite paste. Users squeeze
the clear paste from the tube, and the astral pigment activates on
contact with oxygen. Observers in the astral can “see” the pigment
as vivid colors. Because they are nontoxic, astral pigments are
popular as a form of astral body paint in Awakened clubs. Other
magicians use them to create simple symbols (such as a hexagram)
to mark a location, or to leave short two- or three-word astral mes-
sages (such as “Follow me. –JNo.”)
The paste is clear on the physical (unless the user adds dye),
washes off with alcohol, and lasts for twelve hours once applied.
Astral pigments are available in a variety of colors.

From Arsenal, page 64. It has Avail. - and Cost: 30€.

If you want astral paint that stays longer, I assume it have to be alive. But I don't think you want Flourescing Astral Bacteria on your walls Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:03 am

Larzarus wrote:
Quote :
Astral Pigments: Astral pigments are made from the extract-
ed arcanachromoplast cells of a dual-natured Awakened butterl y.
h e cells are maintained in a tube of nanite paste. Users squeeze
the clear paste from the tube, and the astral pigment activates on
contact with oxygen. Observers in the astral can “see” the pigment
as vivid colors. Because they are nontoxic, astral pigments are
popular as a form of astral body paint in Awakened clubs. Other
magicians use them to create simple symbols (such as a hexagram)
to mark a location, or to leave short two- or three-word astral mes-
sages (such as “Follow me. –JNo.”)
The paste is clear on the physical (unless the user adds dye),
washes off with alcohol, and lasts for twelve hours once applied.
Astral pigments are available in a variety of colors.

From Arsenal, page 64. It has Avail. - and Cost: 30€.

If you want astral paint that stays longer, I assume it have to be alive. But I don't think you want Flourescing Astral Bacteria on your walls Laughing

the main quality of the astral pain I want is to be able to mask it if necessary, not just wipe it of.
thanks for the tip on the arsenal, will check in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:10 am

You could use the tube of paint as an Anchoring Focus for a Trid-Entertainment spell. But that would require several levels of initiation (Anchoring and Masking, at the very least), and really really expensive paint.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:25 am

Gala wrote:
You could use the tube of paint as an Anchoring Focus for a Trid-Entertainment spell. But that would require several levels of initiation (Anchoring and Masking, at the very least), and really really expensive paint.

Can delete that part, just had that idea on the fly. but still like the idea, may be later then.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Keep it; just because your character isn't yet powerful enough to achieve the desired effect doesn't mean he isn't working on it; just means he hasn't gotten it to work quite yet. Could be that the sage was quite gifted with the magical arts, and your character didn't realize just how much it takes yet.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Ok guys, last chance to post up any last-minute preparations; including your arrival times. Tomorrow mid-morning (about 15 hours from now, for those of you not on my time zone) I will be posting the beginning of the interview.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:07 am

Gala wrote:
Ok guys, last chance to post up any last-minute preparations; including your arrival times. Tomorrow mid-morning (about 15 hours from now, for those of you not on my time zone) I will be posting the beginning of the interview.

Quote :
Viking arrives just 15 min before the scheduled meeting time.

First thing on Vikings agenda is a look at the Astral landscape of this mall

Then he investigates anything that looks out of place indirectly, mostly mindprobing a bystander, or if the target does not seem to be connected to any awakened being him directly. The spellcasting left Viking a bit tired, nothing a cup of coffee could not cure, so as the time was ripe for the meeting and he had gathered some information on this joint, he went to the described place for a cup of his desired beverage and a possible job.

Going for Everything connected to Ashe or Eleanore, as these are bystanders i should be able to get almost all the info dump the have, if they have it.

So I gather from the thread that Ashe and the others are Awakened so that would defiantly stand out in the mall, but you did not give the description on the place so I did the best I could for preparation. Hope I get more then a few shopping lists.

P.s. memory, the unconscious one, remembers more then the one we can recall, even if the listener did not listen in of the com of the person right next to him it might still be in his memory.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:56 am

Laz, you have to give me a Perception roll for that kind of information.

Finding the Elven Lady from the picture is quite easy, and as you are late, it appears the meeting has begun without you. There are 5 people at the table, including the Elven lady. One of them is sitting right next to her, with a degree of familiarity.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:22 am

done and posted. 2 hits with 12 dices. I assume Greifer don't see very much....

If I need to roll with a account at the invislbe castle, I will make one.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:48 am

Please do make an account with Invisible Castle. It is not necessary immediately, but in the future, I like to be able to keep track of what the roll was made for, about, and which dice added to the test. In order to do that, you need to be able to enter it in to the Notes section before you roll, which requires an account.

[EDIT] About the Perception (2 hits is just fine):
In addition to the information I gave before: The group of 5 consists of the following: The elven lady (Ashe), a well muscled human next to her. He could be a body guard, but doesn't quite meet the profile, and he seems to be doing some gesturing and speaking. The other three look more like guests, like you, than team members.
There are no other obvious bodyguards in the Gallery. There are a few obvious security cameras in the Mall. You don't notice any hidden cameras.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Ok Laz, make your "Entrance" just about the end of Kesslan's speech.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Hey all, did we suddenly decide we don't want to post any longer?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Can't speak for others but I have a job that dictates how much time I can put into posts. I tend not to get worried unless someone hasn't posted for over a week or what ever the games agreed upon post rate is set to.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Kesslan, I'm not worried about you.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Gala wrote:

Just do not think Flooding this one would be such a good idea, the more you post the worse the posts get.
and I do not want to sacrifice quality.

@Gala
Do I get to see the True form of Kess in the second Astral View?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Gala wrote:

Well the comment seemed a bit odd since far as I could tell most folk were still posting. A few might be feeling a little left behind at the moment though given the sudden flurry of posts.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:36 pm

nice to see this one is still going ill get something up tomorrow if im still in sorry so long...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

OK so i started my catch up post but need time to finish as i have to leave it will be good i promise but your gonna have to bare with me and hi to all the new guys lol nice to have some more players Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:32 pm

@Kess Just to clarify you told about the bonus and the Side benefits in the second post that my Char missed so he had no clue about them.

@all
What language are we exactly speaking there Japanese or Eng?

Viking Speaks both Native, but some may not so. Just something like Vikings and Kesses Argument could be Placed on the assumption they have different Native Languages
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:56 pm

We are speaking English.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Gala wrote:
We are speaking English.

Kesslan wrote:
"Let me make things simple for you. What we are proposing to pay you is far more than you'll ever get anywhere else, I assure you that much. Think before you speak, because I don't know many people even in this line of business or any other who are paid at rates that earn them almost half a million in a year." Kesslan's eyes narrowed at Viking, his tone unmoving and turning a touch hostile. "This is on top of paying for your rent, your food, your operating costs. All of which are normally out of YOUR pockets and when your operating on a small advance. And then, to cap it off your being paid a larger, lump sum dependant on our client at the end of it all." Kesslan paused again. "Like I said. There is no bargaining, your getting a damn good offer, better than you will without us and I know it. The only reason your being offered even that much is because there are too many unknowns and no one else has been able to find this individual for over ten years."

"So if you don't like it? Leave."

Gala wrote:

OOC: Just FYI: Kesslan's tone did not indicate "riled up" or "coiled" or "Angry". I know that two of you are not Native english speakers, so I can clear this up in my little OOC here. His tone was "hard", and perhaps another way of describing it would be "short." I am saying this because it is likely that your characters know this, since they are sitting there, but I think you missed it, and over-reacted to what you read. You may modify your posts a bit if you like; but it's not necessary. My post should clear the air.

I was just playing on the touch hostile thing, might have misinterpreted that.

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:46 pm

It's cool, I got where you were going, I just wanted to make sure that you knew what your characters know: That the "A touch hostile" is referring more to the "A touch" part of that statement. He has, by no means, "flown off the handle" as we might say in today's lingo, he was simply indicating a no-bargaining position.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:09 pm

There is also potential for misinterpretation simply because Kesslan is not human and the books are quite clear that shifters do not think like Metas. That said it's still a facet of the character that will be clarified to everyone later on, just not any more so than what's been hinted at or stated thus far. That said the 'touch hostile' was potentially poorly worded but was intended, as Gala mentioned, to indicate that he was using a flat, no nonsense, no room for bargaining position on the matter of payment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next