Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time for Secrets - Page 32 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time for Secrets

Go down 
+14
Kouryuu.LV
Larzarus
Sly Hound
johnnytenpins
outpost_2
Line
Gala
taniwhaiti
FireSeraph
wngd_phantom
Kesslan
Ghostmaker
Mirikon
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

A Time for Secrets - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:06 pm

Alexia smirks a bit at the threat from Kesslan, its unknown if it affected her at all or if this was just her way of covering it up. Either way it could posibly speak volumes about her to the ones who knew what to look for, as she begins to speak up a bit of a playfull tone enters her voice My My, the Kitty might have a bit of a temper, well this is unexpected to say the least but not manageable. she giggles a bit to herself

Well seeing as i was told you were one of the ones in charge i can see how you view this as "your territory" but i should let you know i don't care to much about that, i'm here to do what i was hired for and i thought it would be a fun job. i don't care to stake any claim anywhere as the world is a playground for me She finishes off that last statement with a large amount of humor as if there was a joke in it that only she could see. all in all she might come off as someone who doesn't take a job seriously or everything is just some big game to her

As quick as a dime however her voice looses its humor and goes to a serious and business like tone All playing aside, as i'm sure there will be plenty of time for that later. If you are quite done getting your Hackles up, we could get down to business, you know what i need to know better than i do. And in light of recent circumstances i think its best if i get started now.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:12 pm

"Woah! Hey! Easy there Lion!" Eleanor exclaimed on Kesslan's private line. If not for the situation, Eleanor's misuse of the idiom would actually be quite amusing. Unfortunately, the humor may actually have been lost on Kesslan under
"Err... Jaguar. It's not like she's another one of your own kind. That was totally unnecessary; and we need her!" Eleanor continued, sounding almost like his "greeting" to Alexia had been directed at Eleanor and not at Alexia.
"Now what are we going to do if she quits?!?" Eleanor asked, her multitonal voice getting a bit in to the "hysterics" range.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Wow. I have never seen an initiated shifter. Fascinated, Specter watched the whole territory show. "Don't forget, we're a team. And hired for a purpose. You can have this island. As long as you let us live here too." She winked at Kesslan. "It's a big place after all." She pread er arms and turned around, before leaning against a palmtree. "Can't we just share?" She winked at Alexia, mischiev in her eyes.

Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am

Viking Woke up not more then 4 hours later, most of the others had moved, there were only few from the group working on the boat, looting it or checking it's status, Viking was not sure, but at least they had not left him alone sleeping at the seaside.
Viking got up and walked up to Driver who was inspecting the Engine of the boat
"Kesslan Wanted to use your Mojo, he's over there in the woods." Driver pointed out a small camp.
"thanks, on my way." Viking said and turned to go "Good luck with this wreck." He added.

As Viking arrived at the small tent with the Autodoc and Kesslan and one of the attackers Viking was careful to take in all the wishes Kesslan had for the memories to be taken of the Survivor.
"will you want me to alter your memories in a way you have this man's memories in your head or should i prepare a report?" And while waiting for the answerer Viking started to chant his Magic words while putting the man under his spell, the Mana surged, Vikings mind dived into the mana flow around himself and then travelled into the man's mind, and he started to dig for the information requested.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 am

Kesslan let out an all too animalistic sounding snort "We'll see how much of a 'security expert' you are if you can't even keep yourself safe." He stared at Alexia for a long hard moment, not saying anything else before finally turning to go back to what he'd been doing previously. That is to say, getting the remaing survivor of the attack group into the auto doc. The moment he went to attend to that task the mask he'd been maintaining all along snapped back into place, the magical effect he'd been maintaining fading not much longer. He seemed to, at least for the moment deliberately ignore the others but it wasn't like he remained entirely idle. The only other words he spoke for several hours though were shortly after he got the injured man into the autodoc. "I'm going to go clean up." Fortunately for him with the beach right there water wasn't too far away so first he went to find as clean a spot as he could to place all the gear he had that wasn't covered in blood before stripping down and walking out a short distance into the water to clean up. Any gear splattered with blood would get far more attention with appropriate cleaning agents so the sea salt didn't damage it. That of course only kept him busy for so long, the rest of the time he spent picking through the boat and making up a list of any of the gear found, stripping all useful gear, armour and other things from the dead and arranging the bodies by laying them out side by side on the beach next to the boat, before proceeding to cleaning up the boat itself once the mess therein bothered him enough, not like that took terribly long to annoy his neat freak sensibility either. Beyond moving the bodies out of the boat however, his concern or interest in them seemed to fade almost completely save to take a few pictures of the faces and any identifying marks he could find on them, beyond that they were (at least by him) left to lay where he left them.

(OOC: I'll respond to Viking once we sort out any other events between the 4hr jump)
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:23 am

Well, obviously i have some skills in that area as i wouldn't have made it this far without them. Now tell me kid if you've had my years of experience that you would have never have found yourself in a difficult situation more than once? With the last comment by Kesslan and her responding statement her voice took on a level befitting her actual age despite her looks she sounded like one with decades of experience as opposed to her looks of someoenewho could barely even be 24 Child i'm sure you've heard before to respect your Elders and never look a gift horse in the mouth. Now i'm going to get started with my work as the safety of everyone here is more important than a lone kitten's view of being threatened by a non existent threat. We can deal with this later. she goes off to scout and survey the size of the island to determine the best way to start planning security measures meanwhile mumbling to herself about "Unruly Children" which from another's viewpoint could be comical or strange seeing as her appearances would put her most likely younger than anyone else on the team
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:58 am

"By this far, you mean tied up at the bottom of a boat, captive until we rescued you? Hopefully your better at planning the security of others better than your own. And if I'm a 'kid' to you, how is it then that I've managed to live free for years even with Aztechnology hunting me? Until Watashi came along I even had a sizeable bounty on my head above and beyond what our kind normally have in various parts of the world, yet I never got caught. Your no elder of mine, your not even the same species so think twice before you call yourself my elder. My elders are the spirits of the jungle. No fox can know all there is to know of my kind, any more than we can of yours. As to 'non existant threats' I suggest you look at the corpses around you, for those were threats that did exist and represent ones that still do. Were these threats not real, you and I would not be here now."

As Kesslan went to his work he mentally mused over the recent turn of events as well as those not so far past. It had been true that were it not for Watashi he'd still be on the run in many ways, trying to hide from Aztechnology and it's hunters. He'd never understood why they'd wanted him back so badly, but he doubted it had boded well for himself, SIN or no SIN. There were always rumours of the dark side of the Azies and certainly Kesslan had been a small part of that. He'd supposed in ways it was due to the Aztec reverence or, depending on how you looked at it, fixation with Jaguars. He'd heard the supposed stories of sacrifices and dark rituals but he'd never seen any proof of them. Still, there had been good reasons to run from his one time masters, and this time he found himself with another, of a sort. The only real difference was that this new master had been chosen voluntarily, the favours done without even asking and for that the jaguar shifter felt a level of debt he'd never known before. That, perhaps more than anything calmed his mind, his anger, and his other emotions. He'd sworn, if only to himself, that he'd get the job done to the absolute best of his ability, if that meant having to work with other shifters, even.. ones as grating as this one he'd do it time and time again until the job was done.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:52 am

“Watashi…” The name still brought her thought on different tracks. “Yes, he has… something on him.” She sounded very thoughtful. Nut then she shook her head as if to shoo away the thought.

Before Kesslan went to his work, she replied to him: “Anyway, we’re in this together. Everyone can have a bad time and get caught.” She winked at Alexia. “That doesn’t mean one can’t take care of oneself the rest of the time. And as you rightfully stated, there are very real threats. So we better pull together and work as a team before anyone of us gets killed.” She smiled her most charismatic smile. “Hey, we already worked together fine. The last thing we need now is internal fighting. That only weakens us.” With that, she looked around. “And thus I’ll go now and prepare things to make us even stronger.”

With that, she turned to the human mage. “Jack, wasn’t it?” She still smiled charismatically. “Could you please show me where I can cook up some rice cakes? I’ll also need salt.” It’s time to get the spirits of the island on our good side. Though they already helped a lot, the young elf woman thought gratefully while she followed the mage along the path.

Jack lead her to a tent that held some cooling boxes and gas stoves. She found a box of rice and went to work. Jack helped her cook the rice. They talked about this and that, although they kept to small talk and did not indulge in their life stories they both seemed to enjoy it. There was also soymeat she put in the frying pan together with more rice.

Several sauces and spices later, she had a pan full of eatable material. Jack and Specter portioned them into plastic bowls that kept things warm. He even found a big cartonage box to transport it to the others in camp.
By and by, Specter and Jack delivered the lunch to the others. Ashe was still sleeping, so the elf shaman put the bowl next to the hammock, in case she woke up. She had even prepared some for Kesslan. Although I guess he won’t be hungry. After all, he already ate that heart. Very nutricient. That thought made her giggle, as gory as it was.

When everyone had something, Specter ate her own portion. It wasn’t half bad and filled her stomach.

When the rest of the rice had cooled, they formed little cakes of it. Specter put them into the now empty box and stored them in a corner next to more foodstuff for later use. A package of salt next to it.

With everything prepared for the evening, the albino girl took her rucksack to do a bit of exploration. Heading for the higher parts of the island. Now little caves, where do you hide?

The wildlife was exciting though… unnerving. Everywhere something rustled, chirped, squawked. As much as Specter enjoyed the feeling of the island, its vibrant buzz on the astral, paranoia was a survival tool in the shadowrunning world.

There was a sound. A mixture of roar, and purr. And a beckoning hiss. That came from over there. New excitement rose in her. She knew this sound. It was as familiar to her as her own voice. Behind these trees. She found an entrance. The entrance was reinforced with concrete and bricks. Some lizard tanned itself on the warm concrete. It looked like a little dragon. “Thank you.” Specter said and petted the lizards head, then she proceeded. The cave behind was mostly natural. She found a few rotted shelfs, containing empty ammunition boxes. A withered pinup of Betty Davis on one wall. On the astral, the cave felt like safety, protection. But also planning, sceming. The shadows of warriors lingered here. The albino shaman imagined this had been a temporary HQ for someone. “Perfect!” She exclaimed. “Here I will put up my shaman lair.” She put down her rucksack, as if claiming the cave for herself. “In due time.”

It’s almost sunset, I should go back and prepare the offering. I wonder how many of the others will join me.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Kouryuu.LV 4hrs Later wrote:
As Viking arrived at the small tent with the Autodoc and Kesslan and one of the attackers Viking was careful to take in all the wishes Kesslan had for the memories to be taken of the Survivor.
"will you want me to alter your memories in a way you have this man's memories in your head or should i prepare a report?" And while waiting for the answerer Viking started to chant his Magic words while putting the man under his spell, the Mana surged, Vikings mind dived into the mana flow around himself and then travelled into the man's mind, and he started to dig for the information requested.

"We need to pick out everything and anything they recall of who sent them after us and why. I think I already know that one, but I want to be sure as there's a few reasons they could have been sent here. I also want to know how they found us, there could be tracking beacons or maybe our site gave us away. It's too late to prevent who ever it was from sending more, but maybe we can stop others from finding us as well unless we want them to." Kesslan explained as he sat on a rock cleaning out the barrel of his Barret with a cleaning rod. Technically it was just normal maintenance but Kesslan couldn't ever help but clean his guns after firing so much as a single round once he had the chance to do so, even though the guns could fire hundreds of rounds before feeling any noticeable effect from residue. "If you think it will help we can work on interrogating them the old fashioned way while you work."
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:12 pm

Kesslan wrote:
"If you think it will help we can work on interrogating them the old fashioned way while you work."

"No better not, it is easiest when the mind is asleep or unconcios" answered Viking.

then he want to the Attacker to do his bidding, the Mana surged, Vikings mind dived into the mana flow around himself and then travelled into the man's mind, and he started to dig for the information requested.

The Man's mind was calm, almost as calm as a large library could be, there were some thoughts changing place, some were recording some were used for the dream thins man must have at the moment, but the large bulk of memories were peacefully and orderly waiting to be looked at. Viking came closer, then he used his hand to form a glass out of Mana, then he took the first memory and poured a part of it into the glass. He moved the glass a bit and mentally took in the aroma of the memory, it was fresh, so he preceded to the next step. He raised the glass and looked at the glass he saw the Boat, this was a good sign, he took a sip of the memory and then he relived it in his mind.

It was water all around the boat. This man and his comrades were travelling to some island and everyone were preparing their weapons, then there was a shot and hell broke lose.

Viking left this one in peace, there would be more important ones he would need. so he poured the glass out in the large memory and took a new one. He repeated this memory checking many times, the memories that he saw as needed he filled in Mana shaped Vine bottles and the ones he saw as worthless he poured back.

As Viking had searched every memory he deemed new enough and had the story pieced together he left the man's mind the memories he had taken with him were kept in his memory, the ones he checked were not, but still he could recall some of them, at least so much to say that they did not have anything to do with the attack on the island and the task at hand.

Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 5:57 am

LT stalked threw the islands heavily overgrown areas... Trees were everywhere he could barely maneuver, whilst doing his best impression of an alien hunter a friend had shown him once on the trid... It was an old movie, kinda unrealistic from LT's perspective... He thought it was from the nineties probably... Thick growth brushed against his legs. He remembered Kess saying something about the Islands surrounding Japan probably having ordnance on them which told him the island could have defenses traps and such... So he took his time trying to lookout for booby traps and such...

About ten to twenty minutes into the hiking he decided he'd had enough, and turned around for camp. Having found no prey, nor did anything try to prey on the scrawny troll. Or at least nothing he could detect... He wanted to smash something. He felt stuck in the mud, or trapped emotionally. That feeling like there should be something he was doing, but not doing. And no it was not building tents. A task he was certainly not suited for. But what was he suited for then? He smiled "I break stuff, and others..." That seemed satisfying to him, and he let the moment pass, as he hiked back to the camp and the team...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:10 pm

It takes time to gather and sift through information, and Viking was well aware of the job ahead of him. Thankfully, he was entering his portion of this work fully rested. Just as thankfully, the "target" would be entirely unconscious during the "procedure" which would keep his conscious mind from interfering. It can do that, some of the time. On the other hand; sometimes it can assist.
More than 30 minutes later, Viking, with sweat dripping down his brow from the intense concentration and exertion, released his spell, finally satisfied with his results. He had everything there was to have. He was sure of that. Now to make sense of it...

Game Stuff: Viking
- For obvious reasons, dealing with another person's memories is always challenging. This was surprisingly more so. As though the subject was at significantly lower IQ than "normal" grunts are expected to me: his vision is hazy, at best. His audio perception is nearly non-existent. And his reading comprehension is similarly useless.
- Despite all that, you find the words "Triple-C" and "Boss" and "Kurai Itai Corporation". There is little else of much value in the memories which you were able to extract.
- Extracting the memories took you approximately 35 minutes, and another 15 minutes to sort through them yourself for the ultimately useful information.

@Darkon
Jack nods silently, preferring to remain mostly silent. As he motions toward the plane, where the some of the tents were already set up, a red-light shows up on Specter's Pan. When she selects it, a message from Eleanor comes up, filling in a bit of the background on Jack.
- FYI: Jack's native language is Japanese. It's part of why he was recruited, and part of why he is so quiet. He speaks, obviously, English. Though it's broken, and he is uncomfortable using it. He would prefer to do most of his communication via his native tongue. As things stand now, Jack comfortably speaks to Ashe and Kesslan in his native Japanese, as they have both installed the best of the Japanese Translation linguasofts on their Commlinks as background processes. It keeps them in communication with him.
Moments later, Jack arrives at a small, but well built "BBQ" pit. It resembles a fire pit, but it's built up on 3 sides with a well constructed (though quite low-tech, and recent) enclosure made of small stones, and held together with some sort of dark earth-colored grout (assuming it's actually grout). It carries the smoke, and a good majority of the heat directly upward through a Grill which has been built in to the small open-sided chimney. On the side are various cooking implements, including a Cast-Iron Wok.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:49 am

After several hours of scoping out the island Alexia makes her way towards the camp, once at the camp she sits down of to the side to not be in anyone's way, but to be visible as well as to see and hear everything going on. She starts planning out where security systems need to go and what would be needed to give them early detection which was the most important right now, as early detection allowed them the time necessary to set up defenses with themselves against attackers, after that's set up she could go to the mounted defenses.

After about thirty minutes she had an idea of what was needed and got up to find Kesslan, he may not like her for the fact of them both being shifters or it might just be because of the situation she had found herself in but none the less she had a job to do and she was going to do it weather or not he liked her, Animosity can be worked through. She found him getting ready to head to interrogating the captive Kesslan, Might i have a moment of your time? she waited for him to respond in the affirmative, however if he doesn't respond she follows him quietly until he's ready to talk to her when he does she speaks up

Ive devised a bit of a starting point for security but in order for me to implement it i need to know what we have available and from that i can find what we need to get. For starters we will need several dozen cameras, both IR and standard. Several miles worth of FOIDS (Fiber Optic Intrusion Detection System) and that's just for starters. I would like to get it more advanced but that will take more time and this is the basics that i could figure we need for early detection. As we get situated more here though i would like to get some microwave sensors and thermos. Among other things but, for now this will do

She holds of on continuing to wait for a response from Kesslan about the proposed initial security plan
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 pm

As Viking exited the man's mind he was tired, this had proved much more challenging as previously thought, but he had something at least. He looked around, Kesslan was still sitting on the same square meter, still cleaning his gun, or was he? Viking new he had been away for more then half an hour - Must be some kind of OCD thing
AS Viking approached Kesslan for a word he was overtaken by the woman they got out of the boat, he noticed a look in Kesllan, something was off, but what, he had no clue, so he stopped, made a bow and, seeing he had been noticed, waited until he would be spoken to, as he did not want to get between the two of them.

When spoken to Viking delivers his report,
"The Man's mind was rather difficult,I must admit, I got 3 words for now - "Triple-C" and "Boss" and "Kurai Itai Corporation". the second one is rather plain, but it's what he had in his mind. I will mount another go first thing tomorrow, but for now I think we could use your skills and try to talk to him, For that I have a proposition as well, I could implant some memories so he thinks he knows what he is dealing with. bribing him, torturing him, you are the boss, and he gets the memory to help you make your point even without doing such a uncivilised thing."
Viking said. he had his work cut out for him now there were people who's knowlage he had to get out of them.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 pm

By this point Kesslan had made it back to camp and found himself a place to sit and clean his weapon. He was just in the process of stowing the large rifle when Alexia first made her way over. He almost bristled again at her presence but quickly reminded himself just why he was here. For the jaguar shifter it was less a matter of a job at this point, than a debt owed. Having lived on the run from Aztechnology for several years had not lead to an easy life. While life wasn't necessarily all that easier now, Watashi had gotten the Azies off his back and much, much more. For the first time in his life, some one had actually earned not just the shifter's respect, but more importantly his willing servitude. That he was getting paid for it at this point, was just a bonus. Thus when Alexia asked him for a moment of his time he simply stared at her and said nothing though he seemed to be paying full attention as she launched into her request.

"You may find we have most of what your looking for already." Kesslan responded rather calmly, motioning to pull up the compiled equipment list of everything they'd manage to make off with from the UCAS army base and forwarded it to Alexia's comlink. He also sent all the compiled details from the car garage. "While your at it, we need to help maintain our cover by providing a preliminary security upgrade for this garage. We needed a reason to try and access their servers, though I think we may be too late. The people we are after have gone to considerable lengths to cover up their tracks. I suspect they are also the very same behind the attacks, though it's possible it was a third party. Still we have two days to come up with the basic security plan and a basic cost estimate. If they go through with it I'll probably see about just hiring some third party contractors to do any of the actual work so everyone here is free to follow up on other leads."

When Viking approached and revealed what he'd managed to gather Kesslan considered that conundrum for a little while before nodding and responding. "Look over the video Elanore is editing, maybe work out some details with her as to what might be good parts to implant as something our 'guest' has seen. Make him think he was drifting in and out of consciousness, just need enough to help make him think the whole thing was real. Especially the fake ritual. Fear may drive him to divulge any additional details. In either case, for his own sake it's important he realizes I'm being serious when I make him the same offer I did his friend. And that is quite simply that I keep my word and when I tell him he can talk and live, or remain silent die in a rather bad manner, I mean every word of it. It's important that he not only believes me, but ideally also trust me to keep my word to let him live and let him go should he actually speak. "
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:35 am

Viking let's out a wistel "that's one fine jog Eleanor, if I would not know better I would say Kesslan really did it." then he memorised the Ritual and thought out some other scenes to include in the false memories, like a dragon over the island, the team members speaking with it, a few Planes landing and a small private army coming out of them, real military stuff. in a few scenes he pointed Kesslan out as person in charge of the operation, a hands on person who leads with honour and fear, like old day Japanese Samurai.

The last scene what Viking thought out was supposed to make the Prisoner trust Kesslan and know that lies will not be tolerated.

The picture drifts slowly to a new scene, the blood stained Kesslan is talked to by Viking and other member of the team.
Viking "You really want to let them free if they cooperate? Why? that's too risky! And do not even try, there is no fooling me, my magic can tell if you lie, not even your Atzlan magic powers can hope to brake my spell."
Kesslan " Yes, give and take, if they help us they are free. they will not try it again, they know that have no chance, they got lucky this time attacking while our main force was out, next time we will have full perimeter security and they will be lucky if they even get to this island alive, what better way to send this kind of message?"
Viking "For our Sake I hope he does not speak and you have to do your magic to gain his memories trough his blood, just like the other one, this way i would feel much safer."
Kesslan "We did gain a lot of information already, but let's not use it here, we will se how much he tells us, you will assist will you not?"
Viking " I .....
the picture and sound fades out again.

Before the Memory alteration Viking consulted with Kesslan about his ideas, he has sometimes the knack to put it a bit to thick, when he gives in to improvisation, so he wants to know what of his preparation he should implant and what not. He even proposed to give kesslan a demonstration, but he refused, ... art critic ...

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 am

"The whole private army thing is a bit too grandiose to be honest. Keep in mind that who ever it is that's against us is at the very least just as well if not better equipped and funded as we are. The last thing I want is them stepping up their efforts. Just keep thing simple and believable. Just alter what he's seen and experienced slightly rather than trying to create whole new memories. If they found this island, I'd wager their going to start checking this place out with satellite feeds anyway. I wouldn't put it past them given just how far they went to wipe out footage of our target." Kesslan calmly explained to Viking. "Personally I'd rather they know as little about our actual capabilities as possible."
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 am

"Dropping the Army thing, and keeping the truth spell part or dropping that too?" Viking inquired once again "in my opinion that is more trust evoking then just simply showing him a horrifying pictures." Viking notices what he just said " but you are in charge, it will be as you say."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:43 am

"No the rest is fine, I'd just drop the whole private army and dragon bit personally. It's a bit too over the top if you ask me. Dragons almost never get directly involved in anything far as I know. The Azzies sent me out to kill plenty of people and no dragon ever came to me directly to give me a target. To their religion I'm fairly high up on the chain of things to boot just because I'm, to them, half man half jaguar. Never believed in the religious side of things though, so maybe that's why." Kesslan said, turning thoughtful for a moment. "Of course I've heard rumours they sacrifice my kind too in certain blood rituals on occasion so that was just one more reason to get out while I still could."
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:57 am

"If only i had your insight, what could i cook up for him, never actually had the time to study magic properly, just what i picked up time to time, I have more >know how< about the Mafia thou, but this time it's no help. Maybe some time you can tell me about these different magical groups." Viking spoke more to himself then Kesslan, but the question at the end brought him back to the conversation " OK I am ready , after I am done you can wake him and do your thing, but please refrain from killing him as i would like to try to probe His mind once again when we have gained some more Intel, by the way, does some one in the Magic department know Analyse truth? could come in handy in interrogations, would it not?"

Viking casted the spell, again the mana started to flow around him, his spirit left entered the flow and trough it entered the prisoners mind, it was easier this time, as he was getting more familiar with him, this time he summoned the bottled memories or rather thought out of his mind and started to search for the place where to put them in the mind he was visiting, this was just as a bothersome task as searching for information, but at least this time he needed only to see how old the memories are, where there are gaps he can use.

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 am

"You'd have to ask your fellow spellslingers. We've not really had a chance to sit down and find out what everyone is actually capable of. This whole setup has only been in operation for a few days, most of which was spent raiding and fleeing from a UCAS base, and then finding some additional talent to fill holes we found once we got a foothold on our actual mission of locating the target." Kesslan explained. "And then there came the issue of setting up the base camp here. We haven't had a chance to have any sort of a proper meeting much less introduction to things."
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm

Specter got back to camp without her rucksack. Surprisingly, she didn't have to walk very far. It seems she had taken a detour while exploring. The young woman grinned the whole way, and even back in camp she couldn't restrain herself fully. She was in obvious great mood, which her aura showed even more clearly.

Looking from one to the other, still grinning, Specter squatted down next to some of the team. „I really like this island. Don't bother for a tent for me, I found something better.“ She sat down, leaning against some stone or boulder, stretching her legs, listening to the ongoing conversation. They're still busy. Well, gives me time to rest a bit. It can only do good on this headache.

She let herself relax. Listening to the waves of the ocean, the wildlife, the chatter and talk from the others, until it all became a buzzing background noise on which her consciousness floated weightlessly. The fresh air filled her lungs time and time again until it became a stream of energy. The lowering sun warmed her clothes. She pulled the hood down a bit more to evade sunburn. But that was the only conscious movement for a while. Gods this feels good. It was more a general emotion than a coherent thought.

After maybe ten minutes, a soft snoring added to the background noise.

Resting to reduce stun damage. Body2 +willpower5=7d (7d6. hits(5)=1) (A glitch. She'll be out for two hours just to heal one meakly box of stun. )

Maybe it was the unfamiliar enviroment, or the voices of her teammates, or just a mixture of all of it, but her sleep was not very quiet. Rest would not come easily.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:33 pm

"Ugh..." Ashe groaned to no one in particular. She had just rolled over, and seemed to have located a "bad spot" in her body to position herself. She woke up, minimally, and rolled back onto her back. Of course, it's hard to call weight positioning changes in a hammock "rolling over", but for Ashe, it was almost exactly that. As her eyes cracked open, she realized that she was in a hammock strung between two trees, and a tarp had been strung up over her head, protecting her from the sun, and other environmental concerns. Ashe attempted to raise her head and look around a bit, but decided against it quickly as the movement required her stomach muscles to tighten, and elicited an uncomfortable groan from her again.
"Arrghh..." She clenched her teeth, shutting the noise down before it got too loud.
"Hey there killer. What-cha doing?" Eleanor's lovely multitonal voice intruded on Ashe's misery, forcing her mind to attend to another potential set of thoughts.
"I hurt, El." Ashe wheezed out, barely managing to complete the statement before gasping in pain. Ashe couldn't imagine how she had managed to walk this far; she couldn't even think about walking right now.
"I know. Just rest; I'll be right back." Eleanor said; the strangeness of an AI announcing it's comings and goings didn't even reach Ashe's barest grip on consciousness.

"Hey Kess - Ashe is awake, for the moment. Need anything before I dose her with some Pain Killers from the Crash Cart?" Eleanor asked Kesslan through his earbuds; Kesslan could easily notice that the Autodoc, which Viking and Kesslan were both working with at that moment, had just powered up. Presumably, Eleanor was taking it over to Ashe.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm

"By all means Elanore, if she needs it our own team gets priority on it. Don't need to ask, just let us know what your doing with it is all." Kesslan explained to the AI. To him it was only natural that after a fight people would need rest and time to lick their wounds as it were, and there were certainly those that had taken a bit of a beating. He also understood that others didn't have the advantage of his regenerative powers, nor were they necessarily sustained by their magic the same way he was. He turned his attention then back to the matters at hand, somewhat grateful that he didn't tire all that much these days.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:08 pm

"Excellent. This will be right back - I'll only need it long enough to put Ashe back to sleep." Eleanor explained, while the Autodoc sped away. Indeed, it was only a few minutes before the machine had returned.

"Ashe, honey, just relax. I'm about to give you a bit of medicine for the pain." Eleanor said soothingly in her stunning multitonal voice. It's not entirely clear whether she chose her voice, or if that's simply the way that the speakers tend to output her idea of how she sounds. AI's interact with machines in such a unique way, it's hard to pinpoint how it works out that the speakers, which can't really match anyone's voice perfectly, always manage to output Eleanor's voice in a phenomenal way. Almost life-like.
"Ungh... Ok..." Ashe said, not even noticing the Autodoc as it pulled up. It administered her a dosage of an Opiate, whatever the machine had in stock, and Ashe was quickly back to sleep, again oblivious to the world.
"That should help..." Eleanor said quietly, to no one in particular. Ashe certainly couldn't hear her at this point.

"Ok. Carry on Gentlemen." Eleanor announced, once the Autodoc had been returned.
"I don't expect myself needing this again for the night." She added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next