Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time for Secrets - Page 35 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time for Secrets

Go down 
+14
Kouryuu.LV
Larzarus
Sly Hound
johnnytenpins
outpost_2
Line
Gala
taniwhaiti
FireSeraph
wngd_phantom
Kesslan
Ghostmaker
Mirikon
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

A Time for Secrets - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 am

Gala wrote:
"Another option," Ashe began slowly, paying close attention to how Viking took the words. She knew that the plan was to industrialize the island, so she had been considering how to respond to Viking from the beginning.
"Would be to focus on "Environmental Design" of the buildings as we build up and expand. If we do that, your Hogr could potentially be out in the open, as a facet of the "outdoors space". Certainly that would require a few things from us both in our planning, and in our eventual execution of the "public space" of the island. However, a hand-built stone temple next to a pond is an attractive sight from the inside of an office building. If you understand me." Ashe finished, looking from Kesslan to Viking. It hadn't been just a suggestion either, as she really did want the building of this island to be as environmentally integrated as possible. Not just to suit her Elven background, but also as a portion of the incentive she would use to lure Corporations to visit and spend money. The basic truth is that pretty places tend to draw crowds. And that's an unavoidable consideration when you're planning a Retreat.
"So it could be built in to some public space, provided we manage the temple in a way that will not deter visitation. At least during the day." She added, clarifying her suggestion.
"That said, Kesslan is also correct: It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure that we keep part of the island to ourselves." She added after a few short moments of thought.

"It might actually work!" After a longer contemplation Viking said aloud "if we make it on a small island and the entrance is hidden or trough a tunnel, it could actually be a stronger one as i intended, but that would mean a longer period of making it and more difficult constructions, but I think i could get it to work this way and if it's becomes too much of a burden there is always the few small islands around this one."
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 7:37 am

Specter perked up when she listened to Vikings conversation through her comlink, which was still set on group chat.
A frown appeared on her face and she forced herself upright and into standing. Then she shuffled over to Ashes hammock groggily. It took a moment, during which she further listened to the conversation.

“You want to make this island a tourist trap?“ She leaned against a bulkhead to keep upright. “I've done the ritual to have the island accept us. But that also means we mustn't harm the island.” She put as much conviction into her voice as she could. Not very much in her exhausted state, but at least some. “I don't like the idea. How many tourists are we talking about?” She was well aware that she blasted into what should have been a private conversation. Still she did it. I have to take care of the island.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:02 am

Kesslan regarded Specter with a seemingly detached gaze "To an extent, yes. That was practically the sole reason for acquiring the island in the first place. We needed somewhere to set up our operation as well as conceal the aircraft and the best way of doing that was by creating a cover company. The issue here is that I believe the people that are working against us may already be aware of our presence but in either case I don't see a need for heavy industrial development. It's entirely possible to set up a few low impact buildings, the docks we need and leave most of the island untouched. At the same time however people may want to wander the island itself and we need to still have some parts of it off limits. I'd no more look to bulldoze this whole island anymore than I would the rain forest where I was born. The simple reality is however that metahumans live in an entirely different mindset but we can still keep the operation environmentally friendly. By the same token I don't take to the Amazonian viewpoint on environment which just leads to toxic magic that does just as much damage. Beings need to realize that the only answer is a proper balance and there's plenty of places around the world that have found it." he paused a moment to let that sink in before answering the other question "As to how many, enough to run a viable resort but at the same time we are targeting corporate elite and managment, keep it somewhat exclusive to those with sufficient money rather than rates the general public can afford."
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:49 am

Specter listened to Kesslans explanation with a somewhat closed expression. a frown furrowed her delicate eyebrows. But as he continued, she found herself nodding along. "I agree with what you say about balance. It's what I tried to achieve here." She paused. "I think." She was not entirely sure anymore who sought out balance with whom in that ritual. But anyway. "We have to make sure that our buildings are the least invasive." She sighed. "At least with the upper ranks as customers, it will be exclusive and they will want an undisturbed enviroment as much as we do. And the population will stay low as well."

She sat down on some leftover box. "I'm glad we're on the same wavelength on this," she said smiling at Kesslan. "Yes, I hope we can keep a balance. But one thing for certain. None of these tourists will come near my lair." That last statement came with a mixture of humour and earnest.

Specters tired gaze fell on Ashe. "How are you keeping up?" She asked with true concern in her voice. She liked that woman somehow.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:11 pm

"I'm doing well enough. I'm not certain if I will get up or not today, as I am still quite sore, but my injuries have all been reduced to non-serious. At the moment, it seems, I am dealing with residual bruising and the like; all normal stuff for the body to take care of in a few days time." Ashe responded with a smile. She was certainly looking better: the color had returned to her face, her posture was more appropriate, and her face held that "healthy glow" associated with someone who was either in perfect health, or well on their way. The strangest thing, though, was that somehow it seemed as though she had had the time to take her clothes off, make repairs, clean them, remove the stains, and iron them before putting them back on again. It was obviously not the case; but her appearances indicated otherwise.

Message Begins
To: Kesslan

Re: What was the second business?

Well, we are talking about two businesses here. One is a tourism business, the second is a Security Consultant business. Considering that we've specifically hired someone as an expert, for the sole purpose of supporting that "front" you can probably assume that Watashi knows what you're up to. Besides, he's a 'Trix wiz.

Message Ends

"As for the buildings, I think we're all in agreement that we should keep the future building projects here as well integrated with Nature as is reasonably possible." Ashe adds her two cents in to the mix.
"Speaking of "feeling"... You look even more pale than I would have otherwise expected, Specter. Do you need a second cup of SoyCaf today?" Ashe asks, noticing that Specter didn't look as "up" as the rest of the group. And considering that Kesslan had barely slept, that was saying something!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh that would be heaven. She murmured:Soycaf. Oh sweet soycaf. You who bringeth wakefulness to us. Black ambrosia of the nightshift gods. A few seconds later, Specter had realized that she had spoken Sperethiel. "That would be wonderful. Thank you." Grateful for the support from the bulkhead, she smiled at Ashe in her hammock, wondering if she would manage to climb into one herself. "As for the pallor..." She managed a giggle. "Well my condition does that. But additionally to it, last night I did a ritual. A greeting for the islands spirit. It was... exhausting. But in a good way I think." She shrugged apologetic. "I'm sorry you could not attend. But I did contribute something in your name. I hope you are not offended."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

“Well now dat wes all know wes sleeping in hammocks and tiki huts, wes know, wes have a low budget for it. Im guessing well materials will be cheap at least…” He joked not well he figured looking around at the blank stares… “What!?” He looked around in the air for help sighing… “Tuff crowed.” He touched Ashe’s hand “Glad yous back wit us.” Then he looked at Viking and grunted a sincere “Tank yous” lastly he looked at Kess saying “Good deal ill get to you soon on that…” as he tapped his chest really showing off his COM on his big wrist, so that kess would know that he was talking about the message he got. The tapping of the chest was more of a macho decoy… He nodded to specter and left the room "Yous knows how to reach" he said patting his still corn rowed hair as he left…
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:04 am

Ashe grinned as Specter spoke in Sperethial. She understood perfectly, but likely no one else in the room did. Except perhaps Eleanor, if she was there at the moment. It's hard to tell when the being in question doesn't have to have a visible body to be physically present. Or, at least, relatively physically present.
"I have extensive video, Ashe, which I will be happy to share with you once the editing is complete. I'll need a Meta to help with it though, as I lack "perspective" in this matter. All of the feeds to me can be considered concurrently; but as I understand things, Metas tend to prefer feeds to be shown in Serial; or even, with a serial shifting focus. I'm afraid I'll be no good at that at all." Eleanor piped up, speaking out of Ashe's commlink.
"Oh. Ahh. Great; thank you Eleanor, and Specter. I appreciate being included. Does that have anything to do with why it looks like we're in the midst of an active mana field? Perhaps something like a Background Count, though with different principals?" Ashe asked, looking at Specter with the obvious question on her face. Of course, that was exactly why. But confirmation is always appreciated.
"Oh, I don't know anything about that." Eleanor responded immediately, clearly unaware that the question was not directed at her.

"Thanks for the support LT; I really appreciate you staying with me last night. Go and get some rest. And come back later, hmm? I won't be moving much today..." Ashe said, waving to LT as he left the small, and now quite crowded room.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:20 am

LT moved out of the aircraft and into the Jungle hoping that he was not followed, he did not bring any weapons with him just himself no armor or nothing. His horns were a bright Orange in the morning sun his mission was quite simple, he was exhausted and aimed to rest, but during his rest LT had a hunch... This dream invasion or what ever kind of mojo was being used on him, was a two way street! For the first time since he was a well never really. But, he had spoken to the monster, moreover and most importantly... it... Had spoken back...

He was so tired, but he trekked on to the highest peak he could find, Without having to climb with his hands. He stood there over looking a small clearing in the jungle. From his vantage point it was peaceful here the wind blew through his cornrowed hair kissing cool caresses on his hard troll scalp, and he got into kneeling position put his hands palms down on the top of his thighs, and he sighed more then took a relaxing breath... He had no idea what he was doing... He just knew specter said you could speak to the spirits, What he was not sure of was would they help? Or could they even help? Maybe he should have brought someone with the juice to speak to them... "Ah screw it!!" He let his vision go astral, and he said aloud "um? i kinda need guards, I'm gonna do something stupid. Yous knows fools and babies right? Here we go if sumpten goes wrong please get the others cause i don't know whats gonna happen... Ya dig!?!" he hoped with all his heart there would be no need but he new what sleep brought...

His hope was simple specter had asked for them to protect the team members and he aim to test that request... He figured what ever was egging him on was external not internal so it would show itself on the astral LT figured the spirits would protect those in there charge... An chase the beast off for good... Hopefully he wanted a shot at its kisser too, but he had to admit he was worried about the whole ordeal he did not even have the centering down yet He'd never even initiated though job said he'd put him through the ordel if he wanted, LT had refused, and now was regretting it... How could he hope to combat what ever this was... He closed his eyes and allowed the exhaustion take him falling deep deep deep into sleep......zzzzzz!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Gala wrote:
"Oh. Ahh. Great; thank you Eleanor, and Specter. I appreciate being included. Does that have anything to do with why it looks like we're in the midst of an active mana field? Perhaps something like a Background Count, though with different principals?" Ashe asked, looking at Specter with the obvious question on her face.

Specter looked at Ashe utterly dumbfounded. "We are?" Her thoughts processed as slow as a sasquatches civil lawsuit in UCAS high court. "I mean... there is something in the air I had noticed. But to be honest, I am too out of it still to analyze it in any clarity." She smiled though. "But if you think that was my ritual, then I guess you are right. Although I don't know what effect it had." She shrugged. "I simply asked the islands spirit to welcome us. I tried to interweave us with the island. To make us less of foreign bodies than connected beings. And hopefully granting us protection in the process." Specter reached out to take the other womans hand in a spontaneous gesture. "Becoming more than just the sum of our parts. You understand?"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm

When he woke Lil’Tiamet was on the ground, and there were various animals around him. He assumed he was there so long, they decided he was no threat. A small rodent with a bushy tail approached him… He smiled but the rodent ran away the birds flew away just then…! Like every bird on the freaking island flew away just then…! For a moment when he first woke, LT thought all was well, but he understood when the rest of the wild life left, and the plant life died fast like some one pressed fast forward on reality. The sky darkened quickly and he stood up… The most he could do was wait on it. Soon he became just plain pissed… And an idea hit him “Common COMMON!!! Yous neva held back befores lets go! You not hungry!?! He then smelt sulfur like he was near a mine or something… It was pungent and assaulted his nose. Hot breath blew past him like warm solar winds. His skin begin to heat up… He turned and there before him was the massive black western dragon how he got behind LT so close he would never know, “But this is a dream…” he told himself “Lets do it then!!!” he yelled at the creature mustering up all the courage he could…

LT fixed his face and stared the horrible creature in the nose, and maw. It looked at the scrawny troll and growled "Boo!!!" LT jumped a little the voice on this beast was massive, and he tried to save face but the dragon held up a terribly talon ended claw and then paused stating “Your not ready” it growled and snapped its claw, and LT woke up…
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 am

Specter had unpacked most of er lodge bag. Now she was walking here and there in the old bunker room, placing the stones, putting up tapestries, decorating. Shoving a stone into a different spot, just trying to get right what the chinese called feng-shui.

The carpet, hand knit by a fine artist in Tir Tairngire, depicted a dragon in mid flight. She put it in the middle of the room and arranged the candeliers in a pentagram form around it, then looked down at her work. ”Looks good so far.” She took the small mirror and leaned it against the wall next to the entrance. ”To reflect harmful energies.” I'll have to put in a door to keep out physical harm, the elf girl thought.

The last day she had spent resting. Recharging her spiritual batteries, so to speak. The night she had spent away from the others in her new lair, that the lizard had beckoned her to. And in the morning, she had started clearing out the space. One of the shelfs had been sturdy enough for further usage, the other she had broken down and put outside. It would do good as firewood. She left the antique poster of some pinup starlet hanging on the wall. It somehow seemed to fit in. And the pinup is cute.

Specter unwrapped the dragon statue carefully. It was made of granite, and the talismonger had somehow managed to imbed a dragons talon in it. She put it in the pentacle of candeliers.
Slowly, she could feel the ambient change. The familiar feel of her lodge was at the edge of her senses. It would still need days before it would be anywhere near it's full strength though.

The incense burner was put into one corner, the five hundred year old gold dubloon in another. The crystal with the bubble of milion year old sea water in yet another. And the amber stone in the last one.

After a while she was finally satisfied with the setting. Specter took a long sip from a bottle of water. What was about to happen would take the rest of the day. The shamaness lighted the insence and knelt down on the carpet in the middle. There she stared into the statues eyes and took deep, slow breaths, focusing her concentration. She imagined how she breathed in energy from the universe. With it she expanded her aura. More and more, bigger and bigger, until it filled the room. Until her aura, and with it her utmost essence of being, filled the space, filled the stone around her. Infusing it with mana. With each breath she could feel the energies become denser, stronger, more structured. Alas, it was a long and fragile task.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:08 pm

LT wiped his forehead. It was hard for him to believe he failed, but his will had not been tested yet since well forever! Mostly since he was a younger troll about Twelve for a troll he’d shown courage and force of will to protecting friends from poly clubbers, and roaming meta haters… He’d been beaten, but he kept fighting mostly the taser was his problem… But the truth was being a troll had afforded him a luxury that most meta’s, save maybe Orcs, did have… Trolls were assumed to be tuff opponents from start, and if you can avoid a melee with one, so much the better. But more then not the usefulness of having one in your pocket was more then worth trying the risk. Right? Wrong Trolls still evoked fear in some of meta humanity… It was a test of will just being one… To big to really fit in anywhere… Never feeling really apart of even when you were around other trolls, Lastly looking like a monster to everyone that ever read a classic book or saw a trid cast, and LT was the fear mongers worst kind of example, He was not smartest troll, but he was no fool, and he’d had time to fit in his skin and was comfortable with it. He’d trained in everything he could absorb as a child with Job at fifteen he stopped never went forward with anything else… just stopped everything and started hanging with mercs so his will was no longer tested, Hell these Guys were paid to deal with his type. He’d not even been intimidated while awake in so much time. Out side of that he’d not seen an opponent he was scared of, and he was far from a professional level, that he knew… He was trying his best just to keep up with the other originals on the team. He felt like he needed to make his presence more known. And that was it. Was it not? He’d still not said anything about feeling under used, but what made him smile, was the fact that his ordeal with the dreams was holding him back… He could not simply ask for more responsibility, within the incubating companies they were working on. He could not even get a good night sleep…

Back at the camp LT went looking For Viking. immediately punching the Mind Mage up on his COM…

Voice Message:

“Viking This is LT. I need you to meet me at the fire pit in camp. Don’t bring you COM come Alone and erase this message, Ill explain when you get there… Don’t tell anyone but kess where you’ll be, double time if you could…!!”

Message ends

LT stopped by his truck and sent a message to Kesslen…

Voice Message:

“Kess LT I need a secure line to this Address for a face to face conference ill be by the fire pit, message when you got it, it’s for our umm order k geeeet at me!”

Message ends

He turned his COM off. Then threw it in the truck, took off his black tank top, revealing his massively Barreled Chest. And revealing an extreme peek youthful physical specimen… Of a scarred troll? It looked as if he’d been through some kind of torture, but these scars were not new they were old at least six years ago, to anyone that had the perspective and or training… It was clear that he had been through something as a child. But from all one could tell, it had not afflicted him, So much that he’d not recovered his willpower. LT was no victim… Nor a Mark… He straitened up! This is my head, and he smashed fist into his chest… Which at the time was feeling like he had some sort of hart burn… He did not remember having anything but soy-caf this morning. He grabbed a new Tank Top (black), and moved for the fire pit to meet up with Viking… Hopefully the mage had what he would need to bind this evil mojo. Or the cure to his mental affliction, if that was what this was

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 12:36 am

This morning had been very productive for Viking, he had not only had his rest but also secured the permission and the location of his new Lodge, he still did not have all the material he needed, but at least he could start preparing the spot. Ashe And Kesslan had both agreed on a plan where he could make his Hogr, and Viking was eager to start this hard labour of Spiritual cleaning and sacrifice. Hard Labour it was indeed, the hiding in plain sight, was a difficult task his Hogr had to fulfil, and he still was thinking how to realise this task, but he know a task he had to do before he started to build something.

Viking used the shore to make a small walk. it was not for the pleasure of the light wind, or the sound the sand made under his feet, if was a search for stone, large stones, at least 10 kg of stone witch Viking had to carry to his Hogre. It was hard, and the task was not as easy as at first it seemed, but he did not complain, as did none of his spirits, when he asked then to help him win the battle. 30 min - that long took it Viking to get the first stone in place, 1h was for the second, but the last 3 took each 2h.

It was starting to get dark already as Viking prepared to make a sacrifice to the stone before attempting to carve it. His com received a message. The knife still in hand he read it, then he put the knife aside - there would be better time to do this, the carving of the stones need light anyway, and it will get scarce soon enough.

after typing >On my way.< Viking deleted both messages then sent a note to Kesslan >If needed, with LT, com off<

After Viking Left his com in the bag containing his personal belongings. the way itself left a lot of time to think, what was the dragoons aura he saw mixed, could it be connected to this? but until now LT did not seem concerned with the magical side of his abilities, but as an adept it would not be a big issue, he would see it.

"You wanted to see me?" Viking said to LT reaching his destination.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 8:18 pm

When things wrapped up Kesslan headed to go check on their prisoner as well as dig about to get ready for the interrogation, or perhaps it would turn into an execution, of their sole captive. 'Elanore, do you have the footage from earlier ready? It's time we deal with our guest.' he sent over his comlink. It was perhaps about that point that he got the message from LT but then the Troll went offline before he could send a response. Given that the shifter didn't really know much about the matrix he wasn't sure what exactly it was LT needed and so fired off a quick message to Sureal as he set about getting everything he needed for the interrogation 'Sureal, LT needs to set up a secure channel for something, he's apparently out by the fire pit would you mind heading that way and seeing what exactly he needs? I'm not good with this matrix stuff.' he waited a bit to get an affirmative message back before finishing up his own preparations. He paused to load one of his handguns with subsonic rounds, not for fear of the noise, but because they would still cause some serious damage, but not as much as a full powered round. That last part was important considering what he was going to do for an opener but that would come in a little bit. He then grabbed his holo projector and then headed for where the prisoner was being kept sedated and ordered the Valkerie unit to move him somewhere a little more secluded and out of the way, in part so as to not give away everything about the operation, and in part so as to not disturb all the others.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:43 am

Alexia lounged around the fire for the majority of the day. constantly looking back over her plans for the island defense, and refining the plan so that it left no holes to speak of. However she knew from experience that the best security setup is meaningless without some active form of physical patrolling. as things wear out, The environment changes, even weather affects this stuff. so one thing that would need to be addressed is the periodic patrols along the perimeter once this is all set up.

She was about to compile a message to LT as it got later in the day but just as she was halfway into making it, he came out and was standing around the center camp area. she was about to get up and talk to him directly, however she had a feeling that it wasn't exactly the best time to talk to him something just seemed off.
Assensing LT (9d6.hits(5)=3)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 am

"Oh, ahh, yes, I think so. But reviewing footage is not really my specialty, as "perspective" is somewhat challenging for me to understand from your point of view. You should probably check the footage before showing it to someone else." Eleanore responded immediately. Shortly a message icon appeared on Kesslan's private pan, indicating that something had arrived.
"I just uploaded it for you to review." She added.
"Let me know if there are further edits that you need me to make. I am now more or less familiar with the Editing software, and should be able to make any changes you need, as long as I understand what you're asking for. Also, if you want to step in to VR, I can walk you through making the edits yourself, allowing you to impart the Metahuman perspective that I believe I lack. At least, natively."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 1:16 pm

LT was ready for business, but not physically… Though a few hours of sleep, he had received. It was not sufficient for the few days he’d been missing… This was of course Adrenalin saturated blood… And mild euphoria…

He spotted the Fox shifter/Alexia, but she was not in her fox form. Just standing next to the fire he was headed for He moved in. Then the message came in that Viking was on his way LT never received that message as he no longer had a COM on him nor could he afford to have the fox sitting here when the mind job errr. mind mage got here… He was anxious hyper angry and trying not too scream “I’m going to freak if you don’t leave!” his eyes seemed some how cold, as he was trying to hide it all and not doing a great job of outwardly not showing anger. This was of course Adrenalin saturated blood, and a mild euphoria on top of that, But still looking as said cold inhumanly cold… “Hoy Foxy what’s good wit yous…?” Some how the words, though they did not seem offensive carried the air of a threat, He was trying to not show it… But It was all to obvious to someone her age though she did not really know him she could most likely tell, something was deftly wrong with Lil’Tiamet…
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:23 am

Alexias asensing of LT disturbed her a bit but not in the ways that one would have expected it to with what she saw I'm alright, Though i wish you could say the same. ... How long has it been scene you had a good nights sleep? she waited a bit for a response and weather she got one or not she nods You look like you haven't slept great in days. and although we just met the other day, if you need someone else to talk to about 'things' you'll know where to find me she got up and politely walked away from the area as it was clearly disturbing LT that she was there so, she decided to let him have his privacy. She chose the path that would have her walk past him she dropped her voice low enough that only LT could her her when she walked past You'll be alright little drake she patted his arm gently as she walked off.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 am

LT was starting to feel uncomfortable with his ability to hid how he felt... He was anxiously waiting for Viking to make to make an appearance and save him from this conversation in which he was not really understanding how she could tell then he remembered how old she was and how magically active and or just active she was... Was he really that transparent, he was looking at her feet when she passed nothing came from his mouth, not a word... Then she said something it echoed in his mind "LITTLE DRAKE" breaking the calm he'd settled on when listening to her... The nerve with all the flirting she did not even know his name or handle "Yeeesh lady its Lil'Tiamet don't get it twisted, and yeahs thanks, see yous" And as she left he thought to himself "What the hell is a drake anyway..." He felt weight on his shoulders and found an urge to do some push ups, in his weakened condition to fight back the only way he new how too, keeping busy until the Mind Mage could get to him, could hopefully help him. "Not ready!" He grumbled and growled really under his breath... "Will see ya two bit shaman, curse dropping on little kids at young ages, psychotic imagery transferring, dreamscaping...! Whos is not ready, I'm ready, I'm ready for anything, Always have been... Wait till i even the score wit yous, ya bad breath sharptooth having...." etc. etc. ect.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 am

LT looked up from doing his push up “One sec.” He finished his rep… “And done!” He hopped up with his feet in such a way that no troll with out some cyber help should be able to do, or so you would think from his stature… “Glad yous could make it come’on, yous wit me might even be some Nu yin in it for you… If you can do the job that is…”
He moved into the jungle, He was not sure how much time had past since the fox had left. And that was just a little part of the problem. Loosing time was something LT had experienced in a drinking contest with a merc once… But this was different…

Ok this is far enough he said after one or two football fields worth of walking (ok sorry football field is 100yrds). On the way he asked a few questions like… “So yous a mind mage?” he growled more then asked he’d been doing that a lot today, Viking would probably have noticed by now. "You one of them head doctors too? Or just a mage, like you got any schooling out side magic… I needs to know if we’s continuing. Ya dig…" After Viking answered, he said. “Well I need you to dig around in my skulls if yous could? Find something There, there’s is some kind of mojo working against me since I was a kid not sure from who or why? Maybe some kind of revenge against my pop… He was some kind of freedom fighter or fighting for a cause he… Some where’s all I know is he was some kinda guy. Makes sense don’t it… They would go after his kid. So he hid me and my mom, who’s dead by the way.” He added the part about his mom, in a matter of fact tone. “But I’m getting ahead of my self.” He was not sure how to explain with out sounding like he lost his mind… “Here’s the problem I can’t sleep, I know what you must think, I dragged you out here for a sleep spell, but that ant it. I need back up for the mind spell in my head, and if its not a spell then I need you to bury the false memory mental break down find out what’s wrong in there or what ever it is… bury it so I can sleep like a norm… I mean looks at me I’m falling apart I need rest… And every time I close my eyes its there waiting for me... Like, like taxes or something to a wage slave. But that’s not it… It talks now It’s getting stronger I’m getting weaker and… and… and…” He slumped against a tree and slid down to a sitting position scrunched up... It was a lot for a young mind to handle. Young minds were keen fast and always had the answers... Or so they thought… LT had lost his youthful edge to inexperience, and if he did not get some help. He would fall over the edge, and not even know it… He had never felt so helpless. Not even the poly clubbers had been able to break his will like this… but he really had no idea what to make out of this situation. He’d never so much as even herd a myth about Drakes or what they were… It was nice of the fox to impart such knowledge, but without an understanding of what was going on. It fell on def ears. No as far as he could tell having a Mind Mage on his team was the best bet…

Job had never said anything about LT’s dad except that he left him his only son and wife, and that he disappeared to handle something, on a global scale. Something that had to do with some people not receiving rights they deserve, he was never seen again. Weather he handled it or not LT was never told... And he’d not heard anything from Job about his dad being in contact with him. So until now LT had been mostly alone in the world. And it was not all that bad. Not when he had Job and a friend from time to time… He needed a friend now, and with no one able to do anything to help, he figured a team mate was the next best thing…

He sat there at the base of the tree and refused to admit defeat, refused to cry out, about the helpless situation! But fighting back the intense emotional rage was taking its toll… "You gotta hel… m..e…Zzzzzzzz"
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:07 am

No matter how many times Kesslan had used the matrix and all it's related programs and options, along with AR and the full blown VR experience, he always found VR itself to be.. unsettling. AR was a bit disconcerting at times, especially if things started slipping through the spam filters. In the end though he simply did what he must, and had come to think of VR as a sort of ethreal jungle, another plane much like the metaplanes themselves, though he'd never been to any he was at least aware of the concept. So it was then that once he found his out of the way spot and had the valkerie module with it's captive nearby he ordered the unit to a stop. 'Thank you Elanore, your assistance as ever, is appreciated.' he had to be honest about that one. He'd never considered digital entities much prior to now but given that he was working with one he found himself increasingly dependant on her for matrix related things, if only because he believed in allowing those with the knowledge and understanding required to handle various tasks. He moved off to one side, finding a sturdy tree to rest up against before he slowly sank down into a comfortable seated position and took a moment to regard his personalized overlay. It was simply the best money could buy... publicly anyway. Milspec and the like went further but he didn't at least at present have access to that sort of hardware, much less the software. Still, while many considered such overlays merely handy, he'd come to think of it as almost necessary in his case, for it made the matrix make so much more sense to him than strange and sometimes incomprehensible icons. Now everything was relayed to him in terms he could relate to more readily. Programs and icons became plants, animals and other more.. natural things. He looked to his left where the icon for engaging his VR occasionally wandered through some jungle underbrush represented as an Agouti which he 'chased down' and 'caught', thus engaging the full VR capabilities of his cold simlink. He'd considered getting a hot modified simlink at one point but in the end he'd decided against it. Not only did he not really need the 'added experience' at hot sim offered, but keeping to a cold sim module also avoided various dangerous, and potentially deadly pitfalls of the matrix.

His VR icon was much like his true animal form, though in this case made of a 'living' dark and smoky crystal, the leopard shifted through the VR interface to nose at a flower that represented the file that Elanore had sent him, calling it up and 'plucking it' before carrying it over to a small pool of water on the loamy ground and dropping it in, thus engaging the editor program. This caused the main 'desktop' of his VR to fade gently away and be replaced by the recorded scenes. On the edge of his vision he had the various editing tools provided by his editing software, all configured to things he would easily understand and remember, again thanks to his customized interface while the rest of the scene remained as it was, untouched. At first he simply played the recording, simply looking to appreciate the work thus far done before playing it a second time to actually start looking for flaws to pick through, focusing on anything that might be glaring before playing with any more fiddly components, the latter he would probably leave well enough alone, for while he could navigate the matrix, his understanding of how to actually do a good job was limited and no matter how advanced his software, it could only compensate for lack of ability so much.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:55 am

Viking was impressed with LT. Physical training had never been cut out for him, but looking at the Troll it seemed to be as easy as breathing, he almost succome to the urge to do some physical training himself, but then he looked at his hands. There still were the sand from the rocks he had carrier from the beach, that should be enough for today he thought.
LT was finished, but Viking was not sure why they have to walk out of the Camp. After 20 min of Walking Viking started to become scared, they were walking away from the camp alone in middle of nowhere … Could he know, could he be after the bounty, the hell, what is going on here? … „Do we have to walk far? He simply asked LT” trying to hide his emotional state. He waited, Silence, was LT ignoring his question? He got even more scared, at one time he even started to prepare a attack spell just in case. Still no reaction, this started to drive Viking crazy. Viking turned and started to go the opposite way, but LT was not even looking his way, this seemed od, … If he really ignore me to lure me in a trap, then why? Why is he not securing my presence? … Viking looked once more at LT, he looked tired, tired actually did not describe how exhausted LT was and Viking started to doubt his own ideas, … No one in his right mind would want to pick a fight in such a state … he turned once again and started to follow LT keeping a distance, just in case.
Then there was a growl from LT, Viking almost jumped, but then he noticed that LT was actually starting to talk, so he closed in on LT to hear him better. The question about being a shrink made Viking almost burst in laughter, but seeing how sincere LT was made him control himself, he already lost all of his fears and started actually feel comfortable, … if this is a ruse, then by all means, he is convincing me … “No no, I have no formal education in these matters, but I Specialize in magic in the sense of memories, search, change, wipe, even make.” Then LT started to describe what he wanted Viking to do, this seemed like a straight forward deal, Viking was not sure this sounded like some memory spell, at least not a type he had encountered, but sure, there is no reason not to try helping, and he might actually learn a bit about magic in it as well. Then something in LT’s description caught Vikings attention as never before, … He is getting stronger, can it be a spell, feeding of LT taking him over, this does not sound right … “What is Getting stronger? Who speaks to you?” but LT was already on the ground at the tree, sitting, asking for help, then sleeping. …He really does not nood any sleep spells Very Happy
Viking Was not sure he should wake the troll or try to get into his mind right away, but then he decided against the first, he needed more information and LT was the only one who could deliver on this so he got on his knees and tried to wake LT up. “Rise and shine, I still need some answers before I can start”
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:27 am

"Rise… And… Shine… I still need some answers before I start…" The words faded in after a while as LT Came too. He was unsure how much time had passed but it was not enough to reach R.E.M. so he was relatively safe, in that lucid state before really falling asleep… “OK “I’ms good to go…” he said “sorry” Viking could probably tell that he no longer growled when he spoke…

LT stood up, towering over the human “Ok what now? What do you need to know?”
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:42 pm

As Alexia walked away from the center of the camp she noticed Viking head over to where LT was. as he got there the two of them headed off away from the camp
Well now, isn't this an interesting sight? her curiosity piqued she decided to trail after them behind and a bit of a ways in the brush. not exactly hiding from them but concealed enough that a casual glance would not reveal her. she also tried to stay just close enough to hear them talking if they were using normal tones.

catching bits and pieces of their "Conversation", however it was enough to make her even more curious. she continued following in silence and when they approached a tree LT had laid down there and mumbled something she didn't catch she moved up closer to hear better to the goings on.

Last edited by Starcraft on Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next