Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTeafo's Games - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Teafo's Games

Go down 
+5
Westmoreland
Wreck
Suspect
Darkon
Teafo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Teafo's Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Sorry, I only noticed your post now, Teafo. I have edited my own post as the request for money is now meaningless.

Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-11-09

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:10 am

Looks good Darkon, I noticed the change shortly after I had posted. We probably were typing up our responses at the same time and had them overlap. I know it's happened to me before.

At this point in the story, I am leaving it a bit open for RP or looking for buying stuff. So this is your chance to be proactive. If you want to RP leaving the meet individually or as a group you could look for a safe house to plan out your assault on the hospital. Whatever the case may be, when you are feeling up to it, post here that you are done with your errands and are ready to plan / execute the mission. For now my job is to be the reactive one, mediating rolls and all that fun GM nonsense Razz
Back to top Go down
Drugged dwarf
Runner
Runner

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 4:56 pm

Hey Teafo, sorry for being a loser at posting, I have been struggling to keep up with work and it's had me not be near a computer for AGES.
Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:00 am

That's alright dwarf, I don't have a post speed requirement because I know that RL can sneak up on any of us. I know I have the same problem lots of the time. So post when ya can, and we'll keep you around Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 3:07 pm

I know that leadership rolls are usually not intended to be used on player characters. But it gives a relatively good perspective of how well a character would do. Also it's a practice to get to know the system a bit better.

Teafo, I hope it's ok that I provided an idea of a place to go to?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:08 am

Teafo, According to the rules, Paranoia modifies all Charisma skill checks with a -2 for people Wr3ck doesn't know. This can be read two ways and it is up to GM's discretion as to how it will be pursued. 1) All of Wr3ck's Cha rolls are modified -2 for new people. 2) All Cha rolls dealing with Wr3ck are modified -2 for both parties if they are new to each other. The first option is the most obvious, but it is counter intuitive if you consider that it should be harder to influence him if he is suspicious of you and you of him. It's your call on how to interpret, these are some ways I've thought of:

1) RAW1: Wr3ck takes a -2 to oppose the Leadership roll, i.e default Leadership -1 + WP 5 - Paranoia 2 = 2
2) RAW2: Drop the final two dice from Darkon's roll (6,2,4,4,6,5), reducing his influence hits to 1 for Wr3ck. Wr3ck then performs a roll with RAW1
3) Don't touch Darkon's roll, don't impose a -2 penalty: i.e. default Leadership -1 + WP 5 = 4

There are some other options, but I feel that they favor Wr3ck, and the point of a negative quality is not to create a favorable position. The first option is purely against Wr3ck, while the second and third only make it neutral. While this would seem to go against the spirit of a negative quality, it also makes Wr3ck less likely to go along with Darkon, thus making him more of an "outsider" who will be less trusted by the group and keeps him from forming a strong bond and thus making him still paranoid around them.

I'll hold off posting until you make your call, and I'm good with what ever you come up with.

@ Darkon: I fully support Influence rolls on PCs. I've found that they create great RP opportunities as it is up to the individual player to decide how much the influence goes and how the PC will react. For instance, if you win this roll Wr3ck will go along with you, but he'll feel like he's being forced to "capitulate" to your ego or some such Laughing
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

I think even negative qualities can be beneficial in some situations. And especially with paranoia, I would say a dice bonus to resist a leadership or persuasion roll can be appropriate. And this can even be negative for the character as it means he would not work together in a team as he could. Which would be negative for the whole team. And it would fit the description of paranoia, I think.

I also like your idea about the feeling of capitulation. But then, what else could you do against someone with an ego as big as Darkons? Cool
Nah, it's not that bad. He just thinks he knows best for the team. Well, for anyone actually. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:23 pm

From your first post with the girl in the apartment I got the "Dad" vibe. Wr3ck, having a very craptacular father, would get a stick up his butt with anyone taking such a tone. Smile Even for a moment.

I thought about the "bonus" dice concept, but we'd have to work it out on a case by case basis. Where as, if we go with the two RAW concepts I have modeled, we don't have to wait for a ruling by Teafo for every Charisma check. The nice thing about invisible castle (and most GMs I've had) is that if we need to make a modification, and it doesn't harm the player doing it we can just drop dice from right to left. In this case it doesn't harm either character and provides chance for RP.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Darkon can seem fatherly. And usually he cares for people. I guess that can creep some people out. Fortunately, it's not his only trait.

By the way, I think you took the wrong roll for your calculations. You took the "Know a place where to go" Which was a knowledge roll, so Darkon remembers of a suitable place to go.

The first one got no hits, but Darkon wouldn't simply give up that easily and try again. In my final leadership roll, I only got two hits, not three as you calculated.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Heh, no worries, I think this game will stay strong enough for all those little traits and such to come out on both sides.

Good call on me grabbing the wrong roll. Although, in this case it amounts to the same result if Teafo decides to do the "drop last x" ruling. 3,1,6,6,3 still equals 1. That's just pure coincidence though.
Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:08 am

Sorry for not updating you sooner, Wreck, been a bit busy with finals week coming up at the same time my in-laws are coming to visit :/

Per the leadership role being affected by paranoia, I would be inclined to see it work both ways. Being overly suspicious of everyone will definitely make it harder to influence him, and the fact that he distrusts everyone until he knows them REALLY well means that they will in turn prefer not trust him entirely, inflicting the same penalty to you in all social situations. Go ahead and just drop off the last 2 dice from the leadership roll in this case. In future rolls, he may be more open to the rest of the team, maybe even sharing some of his reasons for paranoia (which are always entertaining in my experience), which may lead to him dropping his guard around certain people -- inflicting only a 1 die penalty, or none at all.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 am

No worries, I completely understand.

Just be sure we're on the same page. You decided to do a combo of options 1 & 2?

This means Wr3ck is rolling 2 dice to meet a threshold 2.

I'm down, but I just want to make sure this is your suggestion. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Let's go ahead and move everyone on over to your safehouse location. I will let you post the description of the building, Darkon, since it is your place
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Thank you very much.

I hope you like it.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 am

Sorry guys, my internet has been spotty all week. I tried to post a couple of days ago, but it seems not to have made it. I'll get it re-posted later tonight (this week has been crazy!)
Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:27 pm

No need to roll the hacking for the taxi service, I'll just count it as a task easy enough that it isn't required. I would like rolls for the cameras though, what kind of cameras are you looking for? ATM cameras? Convenience stores in the area? Or full on spy satellite watching-like-big-brother type?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:17 pm

Nah, he's not worried about third-party systems because it is unlikely to be brought to the attention of the Law & the taxi company won't worry too much unless the poor schlep who's account he's hacked complains. Besides, he'd have to hack those nodes, disable those cameras, and delete the log files. He's going to go after the camera inside the cab so that it doesn't catch his face. I'll post that he sniffer, hacking, and edit roles when I get home and can check my books.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 am

I swear I'm trying to post in more often!!!! RL just keeps making me push it back an hour, then over night, then a day... It's ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Teafo
Meat
Meat

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 1:41 pm

No worries about the post rate. I know all too well just how hectic life can get.

I would like to see some actual planning now that the team is all together and away from Mr. Johnson. So let's see some plans people! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Teafo, I've sent you a PM version of my post, some extra rolls may need to take place so I would rather we work this out via PM and then we can post up all the action as one post.

Also, where's everyone else? Darkon posted... I know Spring Break is happening all over the place/midterms... but we can't all be in Undergrad/Grad programs or be teachers....
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:08 pm

come on guys! lets post in! Darkon has moved the plot to the next scene! I've sent Teafo my matrix actions to edit before posting! Let's do this!!!
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey Teafo, I fear we may have lost two of the players. Suspect has logged in since the 8th and Westmoreland hasn't been on since the 10th. Outpost has logged in, but hasn't posted since the 14th, when he told another GM he'd need to bow out because of RL.

DruggedDwarf has only been posting in We Be Gangers, and only sporadically there. I don't know how reliable he'd be with a second game right now. It was almost a week between his in game posts...

I'm not saying I've been much better! But even if I post once a week and Darkon posts once a week... we can't keep the game alive.

Sucks too... I was really getting into it.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 6:42 pm

You're right. Unfortunately.

Though... With stealth, do we really need more than just a hacker and a mage? We could try to run this just the two of us. Unless of course Teafo doesn't like GMing for only two people.

It's a pity anyway.
Back to top Go down
jungleboie
Meat
Meat

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Streat Reaper

PostSubject: need a third?   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:48 pm

just registered yesterday. and looking to get into a game. have some exp with shadowrun and excited to finally try a run with exp players. as me and my friends haven't really been able to play.

i was making a cyberdoc, but if you need a meat back to back you up, i can move in that direction. as i would much rather play a simpleton vs a rigger,hacker, or magic user that can be complicated, even after reading the rule 4 times. Razz will be good to see them in action.

will have a grunt posted by tomorrow, even if i can't play.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:21 am

@ Darkon
I'm down for trying if you are.

@Junglebole
Welome to the site. I don't want to put words into Teafo's mouth, but I hope he lets you join up.

Wr3ck will have a field day with this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teafo's Games   Teafo's Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Teafo's Games
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next