Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:45 pm

yeah, and I'm also working as fast as possible on getting another character ready so I can start posting again

@Kesslan
um...ouchie?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm mostly joking.

Mostly!

Anyway, as I have not heard from either in months despite several attempts to contact them, Tenaka and Faust have been officially removed from the game. For the rest of you I am glad to see your all sticking with the game and I hope your enjoying it so far. On a related note, while many of your homes, friends, contacts etc have been tracked down and kidnapped/injured/killed etc it is a direct consequence of several comlinks being compromised during the opening run as I'm sure most of you have figured out by now. Spawn's demise on the other hand may or may not be connected.

To sum up the list of things that have happened so far:
Alexia's home was torched a short while after she left to join the group again. (Her lifestyle is still effectively intact in the form of investments but is by and large temporarily inaccessible until insurance claims can be processed)
Edgar, Andrelaphus and Spawn are dead
Darkkon's home was broken into and his children kidnapped
Darkkon's medical contact is temporarily unavailable but alive due to the break in and assault on his clinic.
It was confirmed by Sid that Alexia's comlink had been compromised.
The group still has 30k in nuyen from The Exchange
Sid still has a mystery box from The Exchange

You have a possible lead on Spade.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:34 am

Just as a note I"m going out of town for two days so may not be able to post.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:44 am

WHAT?! er...I mean...have a safe trip, mr gm!

<Nest to Eagle1, Nest to Eagle1, subject is making his move, repeat: Subject is making his move. Intercept and detain, repeat: intercept and detain...over?>
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 7:49 am

Thanks for the heads-up Kesslan. Based on our current history, we could have this situation entirely resolved and a forward plan within the day. Or it could take more than a week...

In the mean time: I just edited my post. Alexia/Sid/Darkon: You all should go ahead and chime in.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:07 pm

So I spoke with Sid today and he's officially being NPCed until the group can pick up a new dedicated hacker.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

That's a pity. I liked his posts. May I ask if it was the workload he is buried under or did he not like the game itself?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Ditto Darkon...Sid will be missed
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:41 am

So the count is now at, what... Myself, Starcraft, Darkon... We're running lean here.

Are we all headed to bed now? Is that the deal?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:04 am

I am not sure if Darkon will follow his own advice. He's known not to. Wink Which means he might oversleep in the morning after putting up his lodge in the guest bedroom. Which should have enough room for a force 1 lodge I assume.

By the way, what time is it in game? Seems we all presume it's evening.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:04 am

I suppose that's up to Kesslan, but I've been working under the assumption that it's near midnight; range of 11-1, or so. My time assumptions are based on the following: I have a vague recollection that night fell before Sha'hGrim went to sleep (Kess, need confirmation on that - it iss a vague recollection). Sha'hGrim got a full cycle of sleep (4ish hours) and it has been at least an hour, if not a bit more, to reach and settle at Sha'hGrim's place. So, if it's fall/winter/spring, nightfall might have happened between 6 and 7, which would leave us at about 11:30. If it's summer, nightfall would be later, puting us closer to 1.

As for the lodge: Sha'hGrim would make alternate suggestions if Darkon asked her. She would suggest the Barn, since there is more than enough space in there for it to get as large as it needs to. In addition, there isn't any interference there.
That said: he could use Sha'hGrim's lodge for the purposes of finding the girls. Sha'hGrim would have to let him in, but that could save some time. Then, in a day or two, Sha'hGrim and Darkon could spend some time finding the optimal spot for setup.
Of course, all of that presumes that he sleeps.

[EDIT] In addition to the above, we should (as a group discussion) plan on hiring some muscle. Yes, this is "metagaming" in a sense, but the team needs it. And Kesslan is dutifully arranging for players to provide it. I see no good reason not to utilize the assist! To that end, we should all consider whom we can "trust" enough to reach out to for help. The Exchange is an obvious place to turn... Sid... Beyond that we'll have to limit our contacts to in-person, which means we can only reach out to contacts where we are close enough with them to know their movement patterns. And that means that they have to be legal; otherwise movement patterns are dangerous...
Ok, enough Metagaming. Kesslan, feel free to rule on my above statement as to how much of that is appropriate to "pass" in to our character's thoughts. If you feel the need.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:20 am

Are our shaman 'paths' compatible enough for Darkon to use Sha'hGrims lodge? If so, then of course. The barn would be a good idea too, but Darkon is not entirely thinking straight, and well, he has a habit of keeping his stuff near where he sleeps. Wink Don't dragons sleep on their hoard too? Wink
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:16 am

Darkon wrote:
That's a pity. I liked his posts. May I ask if it was the workload he is buried under or did he not like the game itself?

I believe that is the main cause at this point.

As to time of day with all the travelling the group has done its safe to say its around 10pm or so now. Keep in mind this also has an effect on any spirits that are not bound.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:18 am

Right. The guardian spirit Darkon summoned, was that before or after sunset? Also, are Sha'hGrims and Darkons tradition compatible enough they could use each others magial lodges?

You rule Kesslan. Wink Literally.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:55 am

@Kesslan:
In echo of Darkon: Sha'hGrim summoned the most recent Spirit with the intent that it was after sunset (as you could see in my previous post). Obviously that is subject, of course, to your ruling (And she would have done it either way; though I will have to re-summon if you rule that it was prior). In game time, I am figuring that it's been approximately 1-1.5 hours since Sha'hGrim summoned the Spirit which is possessing Jenny ATM.
Again, in echo of Darkon: being of "compatible" traditions is entirely subjective. The characters won't know until they attempt it. And because it's entirely subjective (and specifically intended to be ruled on, on a case by case basis, by the GM) when Darkon said that "You rule" he meant that quite directly (I suspect also generally) for this situation.

Non-subjectively: Sha'hGrim may invite and accompany Darkon in to her Lodge.
Subjectively: It may act as nothing more than a magical barrier to Darkon, as he finds it to be insufficiently similar to be of use to him for the purposes of Ritual work.
- As a side note: Sha'hGrim has never bothered to learn Ritual Sorcery. If you wish, Kesslan, you could ask me to put some Karma in to that as a supplement to sharing our magical resources. It's not directly applicable, but it is peripherally connected.

@Darkon:
The above being said, Kesslan may not share his opinion regarding the lodge with us until we actually try, in-game.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 10:48 am

We are not per se attempting ritual sorcery to cast a spell. Only to find the girls.

They probably have not tried to share lodges in the past. And personally, I don't think they are very compatible. Sha'hGrim follows a possession tradition, Darkon does not. Of course, Darkon thinks, like I do myself, that whole compatibility drek is nonsense for the most part and thinks he should be able to get along with any path. Wink But that's not how the shadowrun magic works. Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Perhaps I should have just played Spawn. I did not expect to be out of IC so long.
My apologies for the delay on my part.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:24 pm

It's ok Jagger. Got another player to intro as well soon as he's done CG. Possibly a third.

As a side note; I'll be handing out some Karma soon and that will include for Jagger to use on his new character.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 4:29 pm

does that mean my new char has been approved?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:17 pm

No I still need to go over them both. Should have time tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm going to put in that the most recently summoned spirits were 'after sunset' I believe is the cut off point for unbound spirits (off the top of my head. Might be wrong on that one). So they should be fine until morning.

I've also updated the Karma tracker thread to reflect the most recent handouts of Karma. Please let me know what you spend it on (Jagger you can just add that to your character sheet as you work on it)

Edit: As to the question of Shamanic lodges, I'd say Galas would at best be half rating for Darkkon due to the considerable differences in outlooks, traditions etc.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:06 am

Yes, the points where unbound spirits vanish are sunset and sunrise. The half rating of the lodge is a nice and innovative idea. Maybe Darkon can find some things there he can use while others are completely strange to him. Or something like that.

And thanks for the karma.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptySun May 20, 2012 6:49 am

I agree, I hadn't considered that option, and it's a good one! +1 Karma for you Kesslan!

@Darkon: This whole discussion still presupposes that Darkon even considers asking Sha'hGrim. And he'd probably better do it in the morning, as she won't be awake.
- Lodge is force 7. If you assume that you're to round down; that means that you may use it as a Force 3. @Kesslan: Rounding down or up?

@All: Current situation:
- Sha'hGrim has headed to bed in her own bed.
- Alexia has been invited to join Sha'hGrim (the bed is Queen sized, so plenty large enough for two, alternately there is a couch). @Starcraft: Alexia hasn't posted in since then...
- Sid will fall asleep when he's ready...
- Darkon has laid claim to one of the two upstairs rooms, summoned a spirit, and made a midnight meal large enough for everyone. @Darkon: Are you going to bed? Or staying up all night working on your shamanic lodge?

Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptySun May 20, 2012 7:53 am

In this case round down as per normal SR rules
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 EmptySun May 20, 2012 8:11 am

I know it's somewhat metagaming, but he'll go to bed. Maybe he had an epiphany to ask Sha'hGrim. After all, he only needs an 'anchored' place to go look for his girls, he doesn't try to ritually spellcast a teleport spell or something. And for that purpose a force 3 lodge should be more than enough. Although I'd say, he'll also need more time for settling in. Because of the unfamiliarity of the lodges structure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next