Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:25 am

You're RPing the spirit - so it acts on your initiative, and when you tell me it acts.

Re Engulf:
This is resolved as a melee attack, so the Spirit can (obviously) attack only one enemy at a time. Also, it requires a complex action, so if you want the Spirit to perceive with a simple action, then it can't use engulf. Go ahead and figure out how you want to handle this, and re-write.

Re Specter's Perception: You see the group. They're mostly all still up (it's a jumble), and mostly all have taken some amount of damage.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 am

@Kouryuu:
Great post - drop a perception check for your investigations. As always: if you want to retain the capacity to act, do a perception -2, accounting for being "distracted" by whatever action you will be taken. If you're willing to sacrifice the potential for a complex action, go ahead and do a perception as a simple action. And if you're looking for something specific, you can add the +3 actively looking bonus (but only if you're looking for something specific - other things will then be harder to notice).
As soon as your perception is up, Jack will report.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:43 am

Perceive as simple action? Oh... I see. I forgot to substract two dice... I can reroll the perception roll or just take away two hits, which would still leave the spirit with on hit, enough to home in on its victim and then doing the melee attack.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:57 am

Re-roll. I wouldn't want to miss a chance for a glitch, now would I?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 8:59 am

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu:
Great post - drop a perception check for your investigations. As always: if you want to retain the capacity to act, do a perception -2, accounting for being "distracted" by whatever action you will be taken. If you're willing to sacrifice the potential for a complex action, go ahead and do a perception as a simple action. And if you're looking for something specific, you can add the +3 actively looking bonus (but only if you're looking for something specific - other things will then be harder to notice).
As soon as your perception is up, Jack will report.
the perception roll was in my last post, as i was not sure if going trough the barrier was simple or complex, so rolled perception as well. Smile this round i only make the description Smile and movement and speech is free and simple action, so i am out of actions.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

Gala wrote:
Re-roll. I wouldn't want to miss a chance for a glitch, now would I?

Never. Wink

Funnily, it got the spirit 4 hits instead of the previous 3. Cool

I edited the post to put in the links.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:43 pm

This is skimming along at a nice clip now!

@Kouryuu: perception rolls. Review my previous comment to you for details on that.
Gala's Previous Comment to Kouryuu:
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:07 pm

Gala wrote:
This is skimming along at a nice clip now!

@Kouryuu: perception rolls. Review my previous comment to you for details on that.
Gala's Previous Comment to Kouryuu:
OK will do a new one

Perception astral (3hits)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 pm

@Kouryuu: When you use the "Actively looking" bonus, you have to name something that you're looking for. And it has to be specific. Example: "I am looking for Ashe." Or, "I am looking for a blue cardboard box, about 1 meter square in size." That way, you get the benefits of just using "image recognition" mental processing and paying less attention to everything else.
So, what are you "Actively looking" for? You need to tell me, so that I can tell you if you found it.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:25 pm

Ok, you all had better like that write-up! I worked on it for *cough* during work *cough* - sorry, had a little phlegm in my throat. I said: I worked on it for a long time...!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

It's poetic, Gala. A pleasure to read and thrilling too.

But serious, it's a good post.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm

A veritable plethora of stunning images triumphed only by the complexity of the artful prosaic grandeur...

(hey Darkon, I value my juevos too, omae)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:31 am

Ok, going for an uninjured enemy... what do I need to roll again? Sorry for making you restate this, Gala, but I looked for the previous post in which you described the required roll but could not find it.

I plead insanity.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:28 am

1: Perception for a specific enemy
- Blind Fighting: Perception (2) check (you may locate them and "guess" where their body is, and shoot there - that's a Blind-Fighting shot)
- No Blind Fighting penalty: Perception (4) check
2: Because they're grouped, if you're shooting at any of those, a Perception 2 will get you a target; no "blind fighting" for this test (means you might be able to use smartlink!).

To summarize: Do a perception check with any bonuses you can muster, and the "distracted" penalty.
If you get a 2 or better, you can shoot at someone. If you want to shoot at the group, there's no "Blind Fighting" penalty, since they're grouped. If you want to shoot a specific one, there is a "Blind Fighting" penalty, since you're guessing where their body is.
If you get a 4 or better, you can shoot whomever you please with no "Blind Fighting" penalty.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:56 am

Gala!!!! one hell of a post i loved it very exciting sorry for not responding earlier been out and about a few days now so yeah Niiiiice...
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:01 pm

well mine will win no creative writing awards Razz but its a post and I managed to hit someone Very Happy (now if it only causes some actual damage...)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Ok Kesslan, you're up. Take a look at my GM post. Also remember to roll your perception (unless you have other things to do with your free action, like quickdraw).
Also, I want a combat tactics knowledge skill test (any combat tactics or similar will do) - it's not an action.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:40 am

Shouldn't have to quickdraw anything as I drew the sword last round.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 10:06 am

I'm starting to think I should just use my swords+milspec more often.

Damage code would also probably be higher if I'd had the time for a strength boost.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Where's my combat tactics (or similar) knowledge skill test?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptySat May 04, 2013 2:07 am

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu: When you use the "Actively looking" bonus, you have to name something that you're looking for. And it has to be specific. Example: "I am looking for Ashe." Or, "I am looking for a blue cardboard box, about 1 meter square in size." That way, you get the benefits of just using "image recognition" mental processing and paying less attention to everything else.
So, what are you "Actively looking" for? You need to tell me, so that I can tell you if you found it.

Perception astral (3hits)

in the roll i stated that i look for the source of the agitation, anger, hostility of the opposing team - why they are in the state they are.

if that is not impossible then just take away the last 3 dice from the roll. it will be a 2 hits astral perception then.

sorry for my absence for longer periods of time.

and

Great post Gala!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:35 am

Gala wrote:

Don't have any relevant skills. I have Security Tactics but that's not the same thing at all as that's more with security systems and defences.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm

Just got in very late ill have something up tomorrow quick question do i still have the partial transformed arm or is that gone just asking...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Gala wrote:

Don't have any relevant skills. I have Security Tactics but that's not the same thing at all as that's more with security systems and defences.

Ok, I'll roll a default for you.

@Ghost: It's still partially transformed. And I will PM you with your damage resist rolls from the dodge tests you did.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Thank you i was like i cant go without the penelties from dmg which might put me in the -4 area im hoping less but expecting a bigger penalty lets face it i jumped infront of the bullets im still not sure why i went that direction oh yeah i said way in the beginning "Ill get in the way of anyone getting in our way" Cool probably not the best idea lol but definitely brave and or stupid afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 38 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next