Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeInto Shadow OOC - Page 8 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Into Shadow OOC

Go down 
+4
Hadenwolf
Suspect
No_Name
Jagger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Big Daddy
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 12:48 pm

the last die was a 1, so your good:

Continue

Counterstrike? Never mind, i found it. this is going to hurt
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 pm

(yessir ummm oh i got something im confused im going off the premise that a net hit is every two successful dice thats what i read i think anyway this is all for the counter strike i need to know if im wrong so please some one tell me if i do this wrong)

(it also balance out because i get plus one full perry did not add that but like you said we good im learning stuff though summimasen(sort of like sorry))

Mercy stepped inside the swing well within the safety zone for a sword... But assuming she had more experience then he. He backed off to her left side and parried as he did so with his forearm protector leaving one arm(Left) up to block Just in case... He knew the sword could still reach him however so he only backed enough to give him self some offense ability he would loose if this was a boxing match vs sword he quickly thought and decided to give her something to think of before her next approach...

Counter strike kick plus one reach vs -1 Katana: Agility 3, Unarmed 5, counter strike 1 + net hits (ok i got four hits over you so thats net 2 right i think thats what it says(Heeelp my comprehension sucks too lol), so two extra dice on the counter strike)2, edge 1(rerolls) = 12dice = 6hits almost glitched this is what i mean I always glitch look at the roll

After side stepping and parrying, Mercy struck back!!! Throwing a Tai Kick to the women warrior's
mid-Section From her left flank... She was after all a warrior and she meant business...!

Dmg str 1 plus hits not sure what that is ill go read (also i went first with held action so your first now pass two)(lastly cant remember the last time i got hit in this game did i just take 8p or lower i forget how to do that)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:41 pm

i was supposed to get 4 not two but idc im having fun lol hope you are whos go i know its pass two lol
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Gala/Jagger, Correct me if I am wrong, you are more experienced than I.

Net hits are the full number of successes you acheive over my attack. In this case 4.

So for your counter attack/Riposte (which takes your next action) you get:
Agility 3 + unarmed 5 + 1 Counter Strike + 4 net successed form the block = 13

About Edge: Please note I am not looking at your sheet because I consider those private.

If you only have 1 edge: it is used up at this point, used for blocking.
If you have more than 1 edge: you roll the full value for edge (in ronin's case its 4)

Damage: Mercy's damage would be:
Strength Divided by 2 round up + the number of successes + any additional modifiers mercy my have Stun Damage

(Min damage right now 7, assuming mercy's strength is only a 1 or 2 and doesn't have any additional bonuses from martial arts)

Also Mercy blocked Ronin's attack so he will not be taking any damage at this point.

Does that clear things up?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:50 pm

thank you thank you thank you i know this can be annoying as long as iv been on here i should know but i almost never get through a game here(not blaming anyone) so i miss little details plus i was gone for like a year lol sorry if im pissing you off dude sorry but yes that clears it up you rock thank you thank you i was like what did i just do duh lol go before jagger kills us for filling the ooc Razz and i have a 1 str since we are on the subject i suck at character creation so i dont mind telling he's weak for a vamp lol

also i did not know that about edge im going to go read now
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 1:59 pm

no worries,
I have to work through it step by step because I dont have this stuff memorized at this point

Alright Armor check:
Soak Damage (18d6.hits(5)=10)

Ronin lets the kick land on her side and ignores it (Ghost, let me know if you ended up dealing over 10 damage).

If Mercy could see her face he would see it twisted in a predatory grin, the thrill of the fight coursing through her, the promise of blood to be spilled... that is of course if the demon does have blood.

Ronin spins, the move is graceful, beautiful, dance like. Except the the length of razor sharp steel coming from the samurai

Ronin going for the kill, same as before (18d6.hitsopen(5,6)=10)

10 Hits, which will be a base of 18P damage Mercy.

Please tell me that lopped his head off
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:02 pm

so you only spend one point of edge it says but you roll the edge score with your dice anyone please tell me read that wrong wow that like what!! theres all kinds of stuff you can do with edge i thought it was heres your point use it wisely its more like well how much you got a little goes a long way lol i assume though i read that wrong...

oh i dont have any stuff that would give me more dmg sucks but thats what it is umm i know what to do but i cant fly away if i do lol that was my plan so you soaked it lets move on shall we Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 pm

FOR EDGE

in ronin's case she has and edge of 4. so she can modify 4 rolls with edge, added 4 dice to each of them. Or any of the other edge options.

Edge is never a dump stat
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:

so you soaked it lets move on shall we Very Happy

I did with 10 hits on a sword attack
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I see i got four edge too was five i dropped it wish i did not now lol but i needed the points should of dropped something else lol ok soak roll right here we go

wait i just read when reading the book i see that i get a defensive roll on a melee attack sr4th 20th ed. pg. 149 and im going for the full parry again or im sure i will loose my head

yes lol turn two

and not sure but i think you need a called shot to take of a head again not sure. (don't yell at me lol) could still split me in half ouch! why say that damn!

Also i read delayed action its actually my go after the full defense manuver witch was a delayed action and i still go first pass 2 sorry so ill roll and say i did full defense again k

7 hits got me

Body 3, armor 6 cloak and forearm guards(since i cant use both body armor and cloak) -1ap = 8 = 5hits

good job dude 11 is enough to put me in overflow by one you did it...

Mercy took the sword in his gut shooting the stab grassing off his forearm guard and into his ribs The pain was intense he not felt anything like it since the night he died or would have died he faded from consciousness returning the smile of the samurai women though he did not know she was smiling under his mask she could not tell either "Thank You...." was all could force from his bleeding lungs...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 2:53 pm

by the way good rolls dude sound ass samurai if you ask me we should still go at it in character some time i think it would add flare like when super hero's team up
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Bravo!

And you guys can take it IC if you like...sort of a 'battle of honor' for Ronin and Mercy to come to terms with each other.

If you prefer not, that's cool too.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Dont burry me im not dead yet!!!

Im going over stuff 11 is the max i got for the dmg meter but apparently i planned for something like this l'm a regenerator so if your done this is just getting started lol but we can just call it I dont want to take nothing from ya she thoroughly kicked my arse let me know k but yes when we are done with current missions we should differently IC this lol werd

just incase you do take your blade and go regeneration roll which your character does not know about lol

yaay!
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Ghost, some points here (GMs please correct me iff I am wrong)

[quote Ghostmaker]wait i just read when reading the book i see that i get a defensive roll on a melee attack sr4th 20th ed. pg. 149 and im going for the full parry again or im sure i will loose my head [/quote]

i believe that yes you do get a defense roll to counter and thus negate some of my hits.

I do not believe you can use fully parry again. Full parry is a complex action and Mercy was out of actions. He used one action to full parry and then his second action for the kick.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 pm

you are right so as i said originally im gone good job lol but hey we gotta do it in character k i gotta get on some dnd stuff so if your up for it in the future we can do it ic like jagger offered lata dudes
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:19 pm

nope fighting you wouldnt be fair. I could cut you to ribbons and you would just stand up, you perforate Ronin and she stays down bleeding
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:22 pm

@St_Nougat: Not correct. For the use of Full Defense, if needed you may borrow your next available complex action (which would then negate your next action... obviously). Also, the effects of Full Defense lasts for a full IP, not just one defense action. So a second attack in the same IP will still be subject to the Full Defense rules. Also, as a note (I haven't read the IC post - hopefully you all already know this) Full Defense allows for the use of Reaction+Parry+Parry in a melee situation, which should theoretically give a fairly major advantage to the defender; however: the defender suffers a -1 penalty for each previous defense that pass.

Also: I am out of town this week - I will post when I can...

Last edited by Gala on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:23 pm

you dont truly think mercy a conscientious vampier hero would truly do anything to her he could not fix lol first i dont think i would win and two he would only do it on a sparing bases but i understand your point and accept it ok in the middle of a DnD game i will so get back to you guys in an hour or two k and thank you for the help BiG G.
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:28 pm

@Gala: Ghost was out of actions, gets two passes and had used two actions. and the second attack from Ronin came during the second pass. So I still believe I am correct (until proven otherwise).
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:34 pm

either of you could be right i just dont know from reading im confused i still say i... Lost its cool was for fun right...? i hope, yes but just to clear it up G heres a sum up

we started i had initiative i delayed for an interrupt option

He attacked i full parried and then Riposte+counter strike kick

next turn i think i used my action for the kick and he soaked it all (shake my fist at the dice gods)
so he stabbed me end sound right ST?
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Sounds about right except there should have only been 1 kick because Riposte takes your next action

For the record, I am not trying to argue here, I am just trying to understand the mechanics. the fight was fun, and Ghost: stick with your guns Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm

@St_Nougat: Still no. The book does specifically state that the next available action may come from the next combat turn... Now, the rules are somewhat ambiguous where it concerns the next action after that. But that's not really an issue where this situation is concerned. If Ronin were to cast a spell, after attacking with melee then Mercy wouldn't be able to use offensive counterspelling, since that also requires borrowing an action (depending on how the GM reads the "borrow the next action" line - I don't allow players to borrow beyond their next one). But where Full Defense is concerned, Mercy may borrow from the first pass of his next Combat Turn; and again, the effects of Full Defense will last until his next pass comes about.
So, he can use Full Defense still. However, if you have more than 2 passes, you can stack up the -1 penalty per attack with each pass, increasing your probability of landing. That -1 is based on his passes, not yours. So if you have 4 passes, and he has only 2, then you can come in to the first pass of the next turn with a cumulative -3 for his defense (plus wound modifiers).

"Full Defense: P.148 SR4A - Underline is my emphasis":
Back to top Go down
No_Name
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Ah, alright now I concede.

I missed, misread that part. So in the last phase of round 1 someone can take an action from round 2. Alright I learned something today. thank you for our Patience and expertise Gala
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:42 pm

yeah i kinda built him around the gun thing lol hand to hand is a second option there was only one kick yes i believe i was plotting something but i did use the action i was just referencing in the other line

your funny though i will tell you this im going to read all this stuff and ill have a much better understanding of how to use mercy in the future yeah baby

is she (gala) not great i must give her headaches with all my what am i doing stuff lol

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Ok, with that description: Mercy has his next action still available.

That said, Ghost: Mercy will not be able to Riposte off a defense until after his next pass ends (again, depending on how the GM reads the borrow the next action rules; as I said, I limit that to only the actual next one, and not beyond).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into Shadow OOC   Into Shadow OOC - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Into Shadow OOC
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next