Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 3:27 pm

It is VTOL
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 4:50 am

Well, ok then so we coudl just drop em off on one of the more remote islands, move on to our proper destination and pay some relatively small sum for some fisherman or the like to go out and check up on them and see that they get to the mainland (eventually)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 am

Makes sense... any objections?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:58 am

Quote :
Also, I need one of you two to volunteer your character to act as the "Team Leader" (likely the person who takes on charisma/negotiations, but that is not necessary).

I haven't heard from either of you on this. Can you two get back to me please?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 pm

I suppose I could, I've got a half decent Charisma score, though no related skills at the moment. That said if your still willing to let us rework our skills a touch I could probably drop the close combat group, pick up blades/Unarmed and have a point left over to shift a few points out of long arms and shadowing to give me enough to pick up some basic negociation/leadership skill (Or possibly at least the group at level 1).

Made a number of mistakes when building this character on the whole (Mostly failing to put even a point into astral combat which is a must for survival as a dual being and assensing cant hurt any either)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 pm

All told, I really like the way you put this character together. The more I have read through it, the more realistic it comes across. It really is built with an animal thought process, and I like that. That said, animals, and Shapeshifters specifically, have definitive leaders who use a breadth of skills very similar (and for argument purposes, the same) as the influence skill group.

Anyway, that was a somewhat long winded way of saying that you are welcome to do a 1-time build points shift in order to capitalize on my statements above. Keep in mind, however, that I want your character to remain aligned to the background story that I have come to understand (beyond the short story that you have written for Kesslan). And a panther would consider close combat to be important (although, clubs are useless; if it doesn't cut, it's not real)...
Do a little bit of shifting, and get back to me. I will enjoy looking over your changes (please keep track of them).
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:42 pm

And just to keep things fair Ghost, you can make some minor changes to your points distribution as well, if you like.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Ok so here's the proposed sheet change:

Remove Close Combat group
Add Influence group
Lower Shadowing from 5 to 3
Add Blades 1
Add Unarmed Combat 1
Use Karma to buy Astral Combat 1
Use Karma to add specialty: Tailing to Shadowing.

Karma left: 1
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm not sure that dropping Shadowing from 5 to 3 is the best way to go about this... It is too appropriate to the character. If you don't mind, let's explore some other options before settling on this one... you cool with that?

My alternate idea would be this:
Remove Close Combat group
Add Influence group
Use Karma to buy Unarmed Combat 1
Use Karma to buy Blades 1

Karma remaining -1

I would make an exception in this specific instance and allow you to spend one future Karma in order to make this balance out a little bit. I know that getting Astral Combat is important, but for the moment, I think you can survive without it... for the moment. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 pm

1 sorry i have been in active had child with me. very tired nuff said.

2 i dont think reworking is the answer

3 i like LT just the way he is.

4 solution: i think we should say kess takes position as Pack leader in the absence of an alpha. give him the proper skill leadership and say he can pay for it later.

5 i will be more active this week as the child is away with a friend yaaay!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:55 am

That could work too.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:31 am

Apparently I've been taking the approach of Dual natured beings in astral combat all wrong. Here's what the official FAQ has to say about it:

Do dual-natured characters/critters (including assensing characters) use their Physical or astral attributes when fighting an astral opponent?

Dual-natured characters are limited by their physical bodies. In astral combat, they move at meat body speeds (use regular physical Initiative); they deal Charisma ÷ 2 (round up) physical damage, or the damage determined by their weapon focus (if they have one).

Most dual-natured critters are not listed as having the Astral Combat Skill; those with Natural Weapons can use their Unarmed Combat Skill instead (p.296, SR4A), but if for some reason a dual-natured critter is without a Natural Weapon, to keep them from being completely defenseless gamemasters are advised to give them the Astral Combat Skill equal to the critter's Unarmed Combat Skill.

Edit:
So far as I can tell this actually means that so long as I dump a few points into unarmed combat, Kess should be fine as he does have the natural weapons ability as part of his racial profile.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah, I had been thinking this as well, but kept forgetting to mention it when responding to you. I am glad you remembered!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:36 pm

I just realized you gave us karma wow ill spend and save what i will lol Surprised
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:54 pm

Make sure to update your sheet with a section to keep track of improvements and karma.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm

All done bottom of sheet
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:16 pm

Like it.

How are you justifying the integration of Intimidation into his "sweet interior"? Give me a bit of a story on how he became interested in pursuing that.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:47 pm

I based it off of his trying to back up kess by stating intimidating Facts. was his first try figured it worked when he played support that's all. he figured it worked so he should think about that type of stuff more often. like dragging the captain to there view to make a point. he knows he dose not have to mean it but he has to make you think he means it. he also saw. Ashe get the captain to calm down. Using the threat of LT beating on him.

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Cool.

We all updated and ready to get back to the grind?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 pm

just edited the last post check it out and yes im ready to go just looking for an in.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Looks good. Kess, you ready to rock and roll?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 7:25 pm

It's a done deal.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Great... Then here's what we have going on:

The soldiers are now bound, but not gagged. Ghost did a passable enough job knotting their cords that one player with a shotgun can guard them safely.
The plane is on it's way, barely subsonic, toward Japan. It is skimming the waves, and will be nearly entirely immune to radar. Driver is reporting a long and very comfortable list of upgrades for the plane, which will come in quite handy once you reach the land (they were on the manifest for the plane handed to us by the Captain's Aide before we assaulted the plane, if you all want to review them).
We have a team of runners who are picking up our left-behind vehicles. Their assault started as we were wrapping ours up (in game-time), so they were able to benefit from the combat, and post-combat confusion in their assault.
We need to liaise with them in order to arrange their smuggling operation to Japan.
And finally: as a GM decision, Ashe will be phased back as the "face" of the group (Kesslan will be taking over). I will keep her around for magical support (she is an effective magician, particularly with spirits), but she will become an NPC almost. Feel free to interact with, and for, her any time you need. I will correct things that are out of character, but for the most part, she should be considered an NPC from now on.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Can either of you click your way through the "A Time For Secrets" back-log and find the pages with your original "Ask" for your equipment? And if you sent them in PM, can you send them over to me too? I am curious as to what Havick said yes to, and what earn a "no". And, if possible, why... IF you have it.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 3:49 pm

LT ordered a small arsenal for his truck to get stuffed with but really we ordered alot it was a long mission you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next