Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeButterfly Kisses OOC SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Butterfly Kisses OOC

Go down 
+5
Ghostmaker
MisterBook
Jondera
Gala
T_Hawk
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Butterfly Kisses OOC Empty
PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:52 am

This will be the OOC page for Butterfly Kisses. I've put it up before the actual run so that everyone can read through the information I've got to give you before we begin.

To start with, before everyone posts into the game for the first time, I want you to put up some info here on this board.

• I want you to include the colors or manner in which you will display languages, thoughts, matrix activity, etc.

• I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity (geographical) for your contacts.

• I want you to describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothe you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)

• I also want you describe your character in your first post on the actual game page, so that everyone gets an image of who they're dealing with. Try to capture in words how you feel your character is seen by, and how he tries to present himself to, the world. When I need to describe you, or have an NPC react to your character's appearance, I will refer to this. So, make it good Wink It can set the tone for your character for the rest of the campaign.

• I won't accept a post from someone on the game board without this info first.

Secondly, some notes on the game itself:

• This game will contain some very mature themes. I don't want to give too much away, but I also want you all going in prepared for what you'll encounter. These may include (and may not be limited to, depending on how things run):

• Graphic violence

• Graphic language (usually kept to basic SR terms; drek, frag, etc., but occasionally veering towards reality, as well as... creative uses for the more family-friendly SR lingo. I will try to keep to the site's standards on profanity, though the occasional "damn" or "hell" will likely be used, since SR lingo doesn't have alternatives to these that I find carry the same verbal impact. If it's one of the seven you can't say on tv or radio, it won't be used.)

• Occult practices/black magic (as well as vivid descriptions of such)

• Various other Nasty and Disturbing themes (but all of these are more or less touched on in the source-books at some point).

And that's just what I've got written before you, the players, add in your own actions.

• This material is included to give the game, at times, a feel of horror, hopelessness, despair, or disgust. As such, I feel it is vital to the narrative, as well as enhancing the sense of a person actually being in a certain situation. In short, they are meant to immerse you in the world of Shadowrun, to make you feel that you're walking on its benighted streets. I hope that it will make the game more exciting and ultimately enjoyable for you, but I do want you to be aware of what may be coming. If you find any of this objectionable, please do not hesitate to bring it to my attention. If there are any situations that you do not think you would be comfortable with in a RP sense, please send a PM to me before we start the game.

• Anyone who wishes to drop out before the game because of any of this, please feel free to do so. Other games are starting up more and more often on the site, so don't feel that you have to get stuck in with this one to get a run. I want us all to enjoy this experience. That's why I'm running the game in the first place. The last thing I want to do is to make any of my players uncomfortable, or subject you to any situations that make you feel uneasy morally. If enough of you feel that the game as I've described it here is un-reasonable or undesirable, I will try to give you a lighter and more palatable experience. But you need to talk with me first so that I can know about this.

• One of my favorite quotes that I've found on this site was this question:
    Quote :
    Men in black, or pink mohawk?

This refers to the way that the world of SR is approached. The source material (especially back in the days before SR4) generally used both approaches. And it worked. Beautifully. Reading through the 3rd Ed corebook, one got a sense of a world that was bleak, dark, and hopeless. And yet some of the characters you encountered within that world were beautifully whimsical.

My game will definitely be grimdark for the most part. To me, the future described in Shadowrun, where megacorporations control the world and are trying to squeeze every last dime they can out of its people before it's all gone, the government is just as bad if not worse because of its hypocrisy, and everyone thinks greed is a far more desirable trait than compassion, seems an all too real possibility. It's a world where you wouldn't notice the sun-shining in the sky because it would be all you could do to keep watching the ground in front of you, afraid of taking a wrong step. The chaos and upheaval of the Awakening just adds to the grim and dour tone of this world.
    Yet, oddly enough, finding the occasional character with a bright or outlandish personality (or appearance, as the pink mohawk suggests) amongst all these shadows and grim realities somehow makes such a world more believable and alive than it would be otherwise. It gives it character and makes it breath.

So, expect the world to be severe. And dark. And grim. Expect it to be full of people who seem to think that black is the ultimate fashion statement, who smoke enough to kill a bull elephant in a minute, who have more bad habits than you could describe if you sat down and did nothing but list them for a year, who will be selfish, self-centered, and out to get ahead no matter how many corpses they have to climb over in the process, or who will be completely hopeless and just trying to get by (no matter how many corpses they have to ignore in the process), and occasionally, just occasionally, to be wearing a pink mohawk while they abuse your human rights for their own agendas.

Notes on gameplay itself:

• As mentioned above, the setting is grim and gritty. As such, those rules discussed in the sourcebooks for that purpose may be employed. I say "may be" because the situation in game will determine how this will manifest. I will not cap dice pools off the bat. However, if it becomes apparent in-game that someone has such a high pool that failure against anything less than a demi-god isn't going to happen for them. Then it's a choice of doing this or actually throwing demigods at the team!
    Basically, I will introduce a new rule if I feel that the game is becoming unbalanced, and the new limitation of effect will correct this. I will always post when I intend to do this, and will most likely ask for you input before it takes effect.

• A similar matter is edge: I've not seen anyone with an obscenely high edge pool, but I am waiting on 2 players to finish character sheets. If I find that edge is being bought at what I consider to be too high a level, or if it grows to be this way during game-play, then when edge is used it will be used at it's current score.
    In other words, if someone has an edge attribute of 5, and they've used one edge on a roll already, then the next time they use their edge they can only do so with an edge pool of 4 dice. If they use their edge again, they will only have 3 for their pool, and so on, and so on. Again, this rule is not in effect off the bat, but will be if I think it's unbalancing the game.

• Here's the sort of thing that will be in effect from the beginning though:

• Essence loss: One of the mages has just gotten their arm blown off by a ganger with a wide-bore shotgun. The team manages to save the magician's life. However, the magician finds that the wound has caused them to lose essence, and that their magic is now much weaker than it was before.

• Damage: Wounding will occur, especially if someone fails on a damage resistance test. Expect wounds to be a real problem, and for damage to stick with you through the story. While most everything can be healed, not everything can be taken care of by a medkit. If you've lost an arm, you'll have to see a doctor, or at least get the team healer into an operating room, before you can expect to be back on the road to full health.

• Defense: Full defense can only be entered into on your action phase. Dodge will only be applied against ranged attacks when the situation warrents it, or if the character is using Full Defense. So expect to be rolling only Reaction against most ranged attacks. Melee attacks will generally allow you to use your dodge/parry/gymnastics ability though. The difference between using dodge and just using reaction is if you are aware that an attack is coming at you. This can be difficult to do in a fire-fight with multiple opponents. In such a situation, it is not always apparent who's aiming at who, and you have little concentration to spare for anyone except the enemy in front of you.

• If it's the sort of thing you would expect to see happen in the canon fiction (especially before 4th ed), its possible (and sometimes probable) that it will happen in this game.

On Rolls:

• In the past, I've had players roll for themselves and their targets when in combat, in the hopes of making combat go faster. This time around, I will have you roll only for yourself. Most of the players we have this time are very dedicated and tend to be online fairly regularly. If things start to slow down though, I may institute my old way in the hopes of speeding things up.

• I will not always show the results of an opposed roll. I will almost never show the opposed roll for a social test. You will need to determine the outcome for yourselves based on in-game context and results. I will award extra dice for the person making the test if they do a good job in making their argument, threat, speech, etc. Likewise, I will apply negative dice for bad arguments etc.

• There are some things that you can't talk a person into, no matter how good you are with words, or how scary you can be. If you want the UCAS Army sergeant, who is well known to be a hard-case but to actually love his men, to turn around and walk away after you've killed one of his soldiers right in front of his eyes... Well, don't be surprised when you hear him chamber a new round into his rifle as a reply. Of course, if you're dealing with a sergeant whose only concern is getting off on easy duty until he can retire, and padding that retirement fund by selling military supplies on the black market in the meantime, you may very well be able to convince him to walk away.

The situation is key, and will often determine a lot about how the game evolves.

• Very Important: When you post rolls, I want you to use this site. At the bottom, where it says "notes" I want you to include:

• What the action is for. I.e. "Perception roll upon walking into the bar." (including the bar's name)

• Your dice pool formula: I.e. Attribue # + Skill # +/- modifier #'s.

• If in combat, I want this formula on every roll: Turn#:Initiative Pass #:(Action Type): Description of action (the same as I mentioned above, and may be substituted for that).

Abbreviate if you wish, so long as I can definitely tell what you're trying to say. I have no problem with a note that looks like this: T1:IP3:SA (For simple action): Att (attack) vs. Ganger #1. Note that if I can't tell what you're saying, I may ask you to re-roll with clearer notation.

• If you do not have these notes on a roll, I will not accept it! Best case scenario then is that I will re-roll for you, and you'll have to take whatever comes from that.

• I also want your rolls recorded in the post they are made in. The post should contain the same information I've asked be noted on the rolls themselves. This will let me pair a roll with its context.

• A further note on rolls: I will sometimes ask you to revise a roll with modifiers that I'll supply. When possible, I will give these modifiers to you before you actually make a roll, but sometimes I may simply be unable to do so.

• Add modifiers in to your rolls as per the examples given in the corebook. Generally, these will be perfectly suitable, and I encourage you to do so. In general, this saves time and can often give me a hint of what you're trying to accomplish within the mechanics of the game. There may be times, however, when I'll ask you to remove one, or alter one.

On GMing:

• I will make rulings as we go along. I will also make mistakes. Whenever you see something happening that you take exception with, I encourage you to bring this to my attention. You may do so on this thread, or by PMing me. I will always take under consideration anything you say, and will research your views according to source material when possible and/or applicable. (So it really helps if you give me page numbers to which to refer when you bring these matters up.)

• However, when I make a ruling, it needs to stick. Even if its a wrong ruling. So, once I've decided on something, we need to let the matter drop. IfI later discover that my ruling was wrong, I will post a statement statin so on this board, so that in the future we can do things correctly. But the ruling itself applies to the instance in which I make it.

• I've got matters that occupy (and often preoccupy) me in real life. Unfortunately, some of these matters require that i give them more of my time and energy than I can give to the boards here. I will do my best to let you know when I won't be able to update, when I am not able to do so for more than a day or two. Please bear with me when these times occur. They are, unfortunately, unavoidable.

On Players and Characters:

• Be civil to the other players. Arguments happen, but we must always approach them in an adult manner. I know it seems like the sort of thing that's so obvious it doesn't need to be stated, but the fact that I'm including it on this post shows that the matter has come up before. I will never, ever tolerate one player being abusive to another. If it happens, I will take steps to rectify the situation up to and including banning the player from the game. If it gets to that point, I will most likely message Digital Doom and ask to have the player banned from the site as well.

• In character, in the game, you are free to RP however you want, even if the character you are role-playing is not a very nice person, and the things that they do even less so. That being said, I expect you, as a player, to exercise discretion. If you want to roleplay a situation that may be morally objectionable, think about it hard. Then think about it some more. Then PM me asking whether or not it's alright, especially when it involves another player ('s character.) And don't forget this is a PG-13 site.

• I expect my players to differentiate between the player sitting across from them at our virtual table, and the character they play in the game. The two are not the same. Nor are they even more than remotely related at times. If a character is slotting you off, do not take it out on the player. And vice versa.

• Don't metagame. I know it's hard, and I've fallen into this trap myself at times. OOC information is not usable in character. Even though you, the player, may know that something bad is about to happen when you walk into that abandoned warehouse, or into that Aztechnology R&D laboratory, you player probably won't. Oh, they may be paranoid and prepared. That's part of running the Shadows. But if I think you're using OOC knowledge, or basing your actions off of what you think would work best in the game as opposed to what your character would do, I will call you on it. For minor infractions, I'll probably just warn you over PM that you seem to be metagaming a bit. For major infractions, I will most likely delete your post and then have you make up a new one without the offending actions.

• As it happens to me, I expect it will happen to you at some point. Life gets in the way. I absolutely understand, and commiserate. That being said, if you let me know ahead of time that it will be happening, it will keep the game from slowing down. I can play your character for you (and reserve the right to do so) when you're not going to be around to play him yourself. If I think that a player's holding up the game by not posting, I will move them regardless of whether they've asked me to do so or not. But if I know that someone's going to be gone, it will help me keep the game moving quickly, as I usually wait a day or two before I take things into my own hands.

• Everyone can die. I try for realism in my games, and it's absolutely possible (in some cases, even probable) that your character may bite the big one at some point. Believe it or not, I don't like for this to happen either. But by the rules of the game, and by the story we're telling together... it is sometimes unavoidable. BK will test your characters, and sometimes they won't pass. When that happens, death may be the result. It's also what makes the game fun. After all, how enjoyable would it be to never have that as a possibility? To walk through the game without exerting yourself at all, and have tons of karma and loot drop in your lap? For me that's worse than boring. I hate it when there is no challenge to a game. So, death is possible in this game, and there are going to be scenes where it's a more than likely outcome.

• There are consequences to your actions in character. As mentioned before, I try for a certain amount of realism in my games. Shadowrunners are professional criminals: keeping to the shadows keeps them alive and running. Hence the name. However, your character is often perfectly capable of killing just about anyone they meet, and may be tempted to do so. You are of course, free to to this. As I've mentioned before, I want you to play your character however you want. But be aware that there will be consequences to your actions in game. If you blow up a building downtown, don't expect the police to sit around and twiddle their thumbs, while remarking how awesome the fireball from the explosion was.

• Play creatively. Creative thinking will get you out of just about any situation. Just about. Does that heavily cybered ganger have your mage on the ground, staring down the barrel of a gun aimed right between his eyes? Sure, you might be able to nail him with a spell before he pulls the trigger. Maybe. But how else can you get out from under the gun? Do you know anything about his gang that might help? Or maybe you suspect his employer is the big bad you're running against. The one who wants to level the ganger's neighborhood to clear the way for a new shopping mall. Maybe the best thing to do is faint and hope the ganger won't shoot someone who's already unconscious. The moral here is think. You're not always going to be the baddest razorboi on the street. So it behooves you to use your mind as well as your muscle. I encourage you to put yourselves in your character's shoes, and try to think about what you would do in a situation like that. How would you get out of it?

• Above all else, I want you to have fun. That's the reason we're playing, right? We're all setting down at our virtual table with one another because we want to tell a story together. To build a world together. A world where amazing and wonderful things happen. Where terrible and frightening things happen. Where there's hope, and love, and despair, and hate. Where the lead flies thick enough to walk on, and the mana's so juiced it could burn up the world. Where dragons sit in boardrooms, spirits walk the streets, elves go to boarding school, and your best friend may have horns. We've come to here to play together, because it's fun! So let's do so.

That's about it. Let me know if you've got any thoughts or questions. Oh, and before we start remember:

Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 9:52 am

In one of my table-top games, my character died in each of the first three sessions. And they weren't TPK situations either, I was RPing correctly, did something incredibly stupid (that I knew was stupid, out of character), and the inevitable result was exactly as I expected it would be. And to be honest, that particlar game retained it's amusement value because the character died when she was supposed to! I now have a fourth character who has survived the 5 game sessions since then.
So, to all of you who fear dieing... As I tell my players in my games, and the players I share the table with in other peoples games: "Perfect characters are boring!"
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:18 pm

* I want you to include the colors or manner in which you will display languages, thoughts, matrix activity, etc.

I generally post speech in "Quotated Bold," thoughts in italics, and in this case, French will be Blue, Sperethiel will be Green, and matrix actions will be Red.

* I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity (geographical) for your contacts.

My SIN lists me as Renée Desmarais, a 21-year-old female Elf, citizen of France, with a note describing Neoteny (for those who don't believe the age).

My fake SIN lists me as Maria Thames, a 9-year old female elf, citizen of UCAS, studying in Seattle while her parents live abroad. Is listed as having a minor medical condition that requires semi-regular doctors visits

EDIT: just realized I forgot to include my contacts.

Fixer: Goes by Val, or Valarie. Operates out of the Elven District, primarily either finding people to do jobs for the residents of the district, or finding jobs for those residents who might need them. She has connections throughout downtown Seattle, though. Val is one of the few people who know about the connection with Maria (the public persona) and Eva, the Shadowrunner.

Street Doc: Jules Brown, a former hospital surgeon who lost his job for blackmailing his superior (who was involved in organlegging). Jules set up a small clinic just outside the Elven quarter, and Eva goes to him as much for his discretion and proximity as for his medical skill. Maria makes all of her doctors appointments through him, giving her an excuse to visit if she needs any of her bioware checked or something new installed. As her doctor and surgeon, Dr. Brown obviously knows her true profession, but keeps quiet partially to keep her service, and partially because she has turned her charms on him a few times.

Mr. Johnson: While Eva has worked with him enough for him to let his first name - Brian - slip, she knows very little else about him except that he can come up with the occasional job for somebody of her talents, working for Ares. She makes a point to meet him only in VR or AR, where she can hide her true appearance with an "older" Icon.

* I want you to describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothe you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)

Eva's normal "walking around" gear is her Auctioneer Business Clothing, styled as a full-length, print skirt, long-sleeved white blouse, and blue vest, and her backpack, which is light blue with pink hearts sewn into the fabric, and several keychain-like baubles of cartoon animals hanging from the straps and zipper pulls. She carries her Morrisey Elan pistol is carried in a hidden arm sleeve on her right forearm, her Cavalier Scout pistol is carried in a concealed holster built into the vest under her left arm, and her taser is carried in a concealed holster under the skirt on her right leg (accessible through a small overlapping slit in the skirt, next to her pocket). She carries three extra clips for each pistol, and six extra taser darts in a small case in her skirt pockets, along with her commlink. The rest of her spare clips are in a pocket at the bottom of her pack, under a false bottom. She carries her medkit, tag eraser, and inline skates with her, switching between the skates and her shoes as necessary (and carrying whichever she's not wearing in her backpack). She wears her contact lenses at all times (except when sleeping), and wears her subvocal mic when out of the house, but generally keeps her AR gloves and trodes in her backpack, only taking them out when she needs them.

Last edited by Jondera on Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:03 pm

- I want you to include the colors or manner in which you will display languages, thoughts, matrix activity, etc.
Speech = "Emerald, Bold, Quotations" (This goes for all languages; I will denote before the quotes which language, if not English)
Thoughts = - Hyphenated, Emerald, Italics
Astral = Green

- I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity (geographical) for your contacts.
My SIN lists me as Auburn Nightshadow, a 50-year-old female Elf, with a Criminal Record in UCAS listing several crimes, but most seriously Manslaughter.

- I want you to describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothe you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)
Auburn's normal "Walking Around" gear is an Urban Explorer Jumpsuit, in forest green. She has a somewhat limited wardrobe for the purposes of "blending in," when needed. However, she has grown quite comfortable to the freedom, and feel, of the jumpsuit. For a belt, she uses the Victorinox Memory Blade, with the emblem clearly visible. It is not on her person for hidden value, but for the easy of transportation. She considers herself to be very practical in matters of self-security.
For "Battle Gear," Auburn generally changes into her Armored Jacket, for the added protection of the armored covering, and straps her Combat Axe, her favored weapon, over her shoulders. She is adept at non-signal casting, and generally enters combat with her Axe in both hands. She finds it to be most practical if the use of it becomes necessary. That said, she prefers to employ her fairly deadly arsenal of spells before melee range becomes a necessity. Further, she is quite comfortable with summoning, and uses her spirits as often as possible as an aid to her.
Auburn's "Battle Gear" is always stashed somewhere when she is not in "Battle Getup". She is careful enough to keep them close, since you never know when they may be needed, but she is similarly careful enough to keep them somewhere they are unlikely to develop their own legs and relocate themselves.

Auburn is confident and rash, bordering on arrogant. Her comments are always tongue in cheek, and her sarcasm is deeply dry. She is quite playful, in a serious sort of way, and appreciates the return insults.
Looking at Auburn, she is quite attractive. Above average for an Elf, and quite beautiful by human standards. She is somewhat... off... however, and even more so when you get to know her. She always dresses in her green Urban Explorer Jumpsuit, except when required otherwise. She slouches in her chair, and is far more likely to share a bottle of beer with a grizzled old soldier in a smokey bar off the strip than to be seated at a proper restaurant in polite company. Polite company? Right...
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Alright. Eva and Auburn are the only characters cleared to post into the game thread (which is up now). Don't forget that I want an in character description for your first post in the game thread itself.
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:52 pm

- I want you to include the colors or manner in which you will display languages, thoughts, matrix activity, etc.
Speech = Orange, easy to notice, applies to all languages. I'll use a notation of <<" ">> when not speaking english, plus a descriptor of precisely what language is being spoken.
Thoughts = Dark blue, surrounded by . o O ( ) O o .
Matrix/Comm/Etc = Green, and usually placed in its own paragraph to differentiate it from physical or social activities.

- I want you to include the information included on any SINs or fake SINs, and what type of license/fake licenses you have. Also give me a name, type, and area of activity (geographical) for your contacts.
My Fake SIN lists me as Fajeet Muhammad, a 30-year old parapest exterminator/Brahmanist Pilgram from Bali.
My Fake License is for the weapons, as an 'exterminator' of parapests.

- I want you to describe your basic "walking around" gear (i.e. the clothe you'd wear most often), and how you distribute equipment about yourself while in this garb. If it's not in this description, you'll need to change/load up in character before you have access to your equipment. Any equipment you don't mention in this description will be assumed to be stashed at your living space. (I may ask you to alter some of your load-out if I don't think someone could truly carry all this around as described.)
For Supra's normal 'grocery shopping'/'walking about' get up is a simple pair of non-descript clothing, and his armored robe. The robe itself was purposely choosen to look like a cheap tri-vid mage's robe, to explain the deep hood. The hope being that anyone really taking notice might just assume he's either an Awakened person with bad taste or a mage wanna-be. The hood is also handy for keeping the rain off. Within the loose folds of his clothing reside the retractable underarm snap blades, the Fubuki in its concealed holster (First magazine loaded with stick-n-shocks, other three with standard ammo), and the kris blade upon a chain around the neck - for religious reasons.

Full run load out would include the form-fitting body armor, the ares silvergun and combat load vest with it's neatly packaged twelve clips. The vibro knife is kept in a tight sheath against his thigh, to keep it from rattling, while the Kris is left at home. Ammunition depends on the situation, when it comes to the Fubuki. The other equipment is also interchangable according to situation, if he had time to plan ahead. The biomonitor is usually attached straight to his wrist, under the suit, to feed its information straight to his PAN. Medkit is notched on the right hip, opposite of the vibro knife, inn its own pouch to prevent interference with the suit's polymer coating. The armored robe may be kept over this get-up at first, to hide the streamlined equipment layout, and shed when expedient. Even when not in use, the armor suit is generally stashed where it can be gotten to in a short amount of time, in the event of 'trouble'.

A survival load out includes the smart pack, with a full set of rations and equipment. The robe is generally brought as well, to prevent severe social reactions. While cumbersome, in the event of an emergency it can be abandoned and reclaimed at a later date.

No matter the situation, however, he maintains the full array of commlink complimentary devices; Sub-vocal mic, ear buds, and contacts.

Supra is, for his xeno looks and particular skill set, a surprisingly religious young.. changeling. While he has long ago given up pure observance of the Hindi traditions, there are a few that he adheres too; He maintains the ashed mark upon his forehead, as a self-inflicted penance, and in hopes of pleasing Kali enough to remove the curse that has twisted his body. He speaks softly, never with anything approaching urgency, though the strange genetic quirk has given his voice a strange, baritone tremble. He attempts to always maintain an objective outlook - even in regards to killing; Pride is the seperation between Thug and Professional.

His flesh has been fully displaced by smooth scales in a tone not unlike a common green snake. Blunt teeth have been sharpened and curved inwards, while twin 'fangs' fold up against the upper side of his mouth - his namesake taken literally. The underside of his throat is a meaty red color, collaring upwards along his jowl line, his ears mere nubs with in-turned holes. While the human shape remains the same (two lips, one nose, two eyes), each has been subtly altered by the hard scale ribbing. Eyes are pit-black, with dull red irises, and a thin nictitating membrane rather than eyelids. He is as xeno as it gets, a full blown class III Surge victim.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:06 am

MisterBook is cleared to post in.

A not on ruthenium: When wearing equipment that is not similarly coated, the penalty to the observer's dice pool to notice a character will be reduced. How much depends on the item in question, how many or how big they are, and so on in a similar vein.

Everyone's doing a really good job on the info. Some of you may have noticed that Gala didn't include her fixer's info: This is because the fixer in question is already known to me.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:17 am

Ghost moon will speak in "" English-White, Japanese-Yellow, Spanish-Brown and Sign in italic but ill say he's doing this oh and Think-cyan and matrix (if ever)-violet

Manny, or Jason Ramirez as he was going by these days, woke up Tuesday morning not wanting to get out of bed. The alarm would not stop though, and he knew why. It was a reminder from his comm. The day of the meeting for the Job that Majesty had got for him was here. Nothing was certain of course, but rent on his condo was due. And, well, he needed the scratch. He smiled and considered the beautiful African-American elf fixer, who ran her gambit through-out the UCAS Region. But based in the The Smith Tower, located in Pioneer Square, And it was rumored that she even had a few ties to the Tirs (think i spelled that wrong). Well that was the rumor any way. If she were asked she would neither confirm nor deny any of it. He ran his hand through his hair, his tan fingers merging with his long white locks. He looked around his room; it was a mess. His lackadaisical life style was starting to take its toll. But Ghost had not been in the thick of it since... well, forever. What had happened to him? Sure, he could take a few punches, but he'd let himself go and he was ashamed. Now to the average person he was still in pretty good shape. If Kenji showed however, or any of his goons, he'd probably end up full of gaping wounds. This is no way to think before a job, he thought. Plus, where was Kenji anyway? The last time they'd met Ghost barely escaped. Out numbered, he had to up and leave at 18, and Majesty brought him here. He'd been here ever since. It was not really home but at least there were enough roguish types to blend in with. He fell out of bed, onto out stretched arms and started doing some push ups. Hey he had to start somewhere. Later that night, he showered and put on his white suit and armored vest. Better safe than sorry, he thought. He strapped some throwing knifes to his back. Two modified quick draw holsters on his waists also held throwing knives. He put in his contacts gently, and dawned his black trench coat and stylish glasses. He wrapped the fluffy long red scarf around his neck, up two the bridge of his nose. Oddly enough, anyone looking could see down his back that there was plenty of scarf left. He fitted his hands with his AR gloves, grabbed his com and fired off a message to Majesty:

Message begins: To Majesty

Going to the meeting. I hope. Ill hit you up when were done.

Message ends

Then he left to get a cab. His 5'9" 195lbs build slinking out the door

(OOC T i hope this was what you wanted i went down the list lol best i could might have sped time up a bit let me know ill dial it back some. k?)

(OOC: That'll do, Ghost. Wink Don't forget to add in the info on your SIN and license though. I would like a more concrete area for Majesty. Give me a "home" location. Where does she do her work from? Seattle? Which part?)

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed May 05, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 9:33 am

Ok for speech I generally have been colouring it here, but I think I'll default to the standard that I use on other RP sites I play on for simplicities sake.

Speech will be in bold
Thoughts will be in italics
Comlink/phone based messages will be in green

If I'm using a different language I'll specify it in a manner such as Taurus says 'X' in spanish or some similar thing. This is mostly because at least at present, he doesn't speak anything other than English anyway Razz

For SINs:
Taurus only has his real SIN at this time, largely because from where he's from it's pretty damn meaningless and he never needed a fake. As such he'll likely use said real SIN when one is actually needed.

For day to day Running around:
Taurus will normally have his Ruger in a holster preferably hidden from view and his speed loaders in a pocket or something, along with a few throwing knives, his comlink, gecko gloves, skinweb array and white noise generator.

A full run loadout would at present include almost all his entire gear list except the HAZMAT suit unless it was called for in advance. The rope and climbing gear etc would go in his backpack for the most part.

(As a side note I still need to update my sheet for Taurus and will hopefully get a chance to get around to it tonight. I've been putting it off while I had no idea how long the wait was going to be and I've honestly been stupid busy IRL)

Personality:
Taurus for the most part is actually a pretty decent guy when it boils down to it. But then he's never really seen himself as a runner. Hell the only reason he wound up in his present situation is because of his need to find his sister, and damn his boss and the corp for not letting him go after her in an official manner. Beyond that though he bears no ill will towards Ares and tries to do his job. That said the years have worn down on him and he's started to turn to alcohol to deal with his issues, turning him from a once quite friendly and gregarious fellow to one that's generally serious and reserved most of the time and other times somewhat drunk. He's not a burn out yet, but he's definitely on the path to becoming yet just another washed up looser on the street.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Will Taurus be wearing his stealth suit on a general basis? Does he have clothes that he will wear over it when in an urban area? It could bring some questions up if a Lone Star officer happens to notice someone walking down the street in Corp-sec attire.

Okay. Ghost and Taurus are cleared to post into the game.

Anyone who's been cleared may post in when they're ready.

Oh: If anyone wants to actually speak in a foreign language rather than simply note it as such... well, I've always thought that was good RP. It also helps keep the temptation of metagaming down. Even though our characters may not know what's being said, the players will if it's written out in English. So I've always tried to actually speak in the language my character's using when I've role-played a foreign language.

If anyone wants me to do so, I can supply personal translations for Spanish and Japanese. I can also do some translating for German, Italian, and French, though I won't guarantee accuracy with these. With Latin and Chinese (Mandarin), I'll do my best but it'll be toss of the dice. For Sperethiel I've actually been working up a faux language based off Irish Gaelic and Old Norse, as well as the basic notes released on the language from the novels. There's also a small codex for the Orz'et language out there, though it has a rather limited vocabulary at the moment.

So if anyone wants to punch up their foreign language communication, the offer stands. It's not necessary, though.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:53 pm

I have an issue with that. I don't know how to write in either Mandarin or Cantonese...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 2:53 pm

And if anyone doesn't laugh at that, there will be some serious 'splaning to do!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:16 pm

T i forgot you could do that. Dude my two languages and the gm speaks them lol your going to be getting some mail. Dude i don't know anything about Seattle lol ill go google it.

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Wed May 05, 2010 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jondera
Runner
Runner
Jondera

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I'll be boning up on my French, then...

Just FYI, on this one: I've got a decent comprehension of German myself, so anyone talking in that, I may pick up stuff I'm not supposed to... although I'll try to avoid reading it.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:51 pm

T_Hawk wrote:
Will Taurus be wearing his stealth suit on a general basis? Does he have clothes that he will wear over it when in an urban area? It could bring some questions up if a Lone Star officer happens to notice someone walking down the street in Corp-sec attire.

No, this is why I need to re-work his gear list a little due to the game restart as he'll need some 'plain clothes' armor or at least a formfitting suit to wear that wont draw so much attention. I've been meaning to do it for some time but as the store I work in (as a logistics worker) is moving from being the 3rd smallest IKEA in the world to Canada's largest I've had my mind on other matters. Mostly due to the present ongoing corporate guideline and inventory audits.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Okay, Kess. Try to have that in before long. I absolutely understand about work interfering though.

Don't worry, Gala: I do. A bit, anyway Razz

Don't worry Jondera. I'll trust you, if we meet up with any Deutsch Wink
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Perception Test: Threshold 3 to notice anything unusual with one of the runners who has arrived.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh. And here's a map of Seattle. It'll likely be out-dated when Seattle 2070 hits the shelves, but it'll do for most purposes. It won't be a big concern in this game, but it might be of some use to you all.

Here.

(I've removed the map, but left the link to it. Obviously no cartography lovers in here)

Last edited by T_Hawk on Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:59 am

Ok, I've got the gear loadout modified on my sheet if you want to check it out. Turns out I also hadn't spent about 100cr

Altered: Fairlight Caliban downgraded to Transys Avalon
1 Throwing Knife added
1 Spare clip added for grenade launcher
Squatter lifestyle upgraded to Low
Full body formfitting Armour added

So basically when going around day to day, armour wise I'd be wearing the formfitting suit with the securetech PPP pieces added to it (Minus helmet). On the job I'd have the full chameleon suit + helmet
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:24 am

That.... is a really big map. And it stretches this thread way out of proportion. Razz

Did you mean Seattle 2072? Because that's already out.

Anywho, here's my information. Sorry it took so long.

Notation:
Speech in bold, thoughts in italics, matrix activity takes the form of commands or messages and is explained/introduced before appearing as a separate paragraph like a letter.

SINs/Licenses:
Her fake SIN identifies her as Laura Muller, owner and sole employee of the independent courier business Fast Track Deliveries. She has a fake driving license that doubles as her courier license, and fake licenses for all her weapons and the right to carry them on her person.

Contacts:
The only person Vanessa maintains from her old life is the team's Matrix specialist, and even then she doesn't know where he is or what name he goes by. The members of the group simply call him "Kontorōru." He is extremely skillful with all things digital, but during the virtual razing of Geneva he got a nasty dose of psychotropic IC from a technomancer. He healed, physically, but the mental effects left him with severe paranoia. It makes him an excellent fixer- he is thorough to the point of obsessive- but he can be difficult to get along with. His icon is that of a bland, manikin-like humanoid figure in a old-fashioned gray double-breasted suit.

Gear:
Standard walking gear means wearing her form-fitting armor underneath cargo pants, the pockets of which hold most of the contents of her survival kit (knife, lighter, matches, etc). Vanessa wears her heavy boots (reinforced with PPP Shin Guards) all the time; she keeps her hold-out pistol and one spare clip for it in the left boot, and two more spare clips in the other. She wears a leather jacket for most occasions, and uses it to obscure the hidden gun arm slide on her right arm. The pistol she keeps in it depends on what level of firepower she thinks she will need, with the default being her Walther PB-120. Finally, she has a quick-draw holster on her right hip where she keeps her taser. A pair of shock gloves round out her ensemble, although she keeps them disabled most of the time. She only wears her helmet when she knows there will be fighting, or when piloting her combat walker.

Last edited by T_Hawk on Mon May 17, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:35 am

You wrote like that just so that you could force us all to scroll our screens sideways to read it, didn't you?!?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 11:46 am

I didn't write like that. It's T_Hawk's stupidbig map. Razz
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 3:19 pm

should I wait on Gala to post about all these new folks joining in, or is it a wolfer run? Aka, post when will?
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:27 pm

*grumbles about lack of love for maps*

Alright. My general rules for RP etiquette:

Post when you want to do so. If you feel the need to post reactions to what's going on in the game world, by all means do so. My only suggestion is that when you're responding to a question (or asking one) of an NPC, you keep the posts limited so that I'll have time to properly reply. This is a loose rule: If it feels like the RP calls for you to post several rapid-fire reactions or interjections, do so. The goal in a conversation situation is to make it run as much like an actual conversation as possible.
Feel free to post as much as you like when not in a convo.

This won't be an issue until after the meet, most likely, but I feel I should give you all a bit of prep for when things start to get real. My style of GMing will differ from what a lot of you are used to. My purpose is to supply the world, and a general frame-work for the story. Your job as players is to make that story move and evolve. You make the decisions, you set the pace (most of the time.) I'll post in scene-shots, background info, and of course NPC reactions and info. But you all are in the driver's seat. You decide where the team goes, how they get there (well, with one or two plot mandated exceptions), and so forth. I'll provide sign posts (not all the time, though) and I'll offer hooks, nudges, and suggestions, but it should be a rare thing for me to lay out the railroad tracks.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Remember gang, I want rolls noted as i mentioned at the beginning of the thread. That notation is to be used both on the rolls themselves at invis castle, and on the post you're making them. You can forget combat turn notation on the post itself, but that's it. Everything else is mandatory. This is the only caution I'll give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Kisses OOC
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next