Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeButterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Butterfly Kisses OOC

Go down 
+5
Ghostmaker
MisterBook
Jondera
Gala
T_Hawk
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Quicklift
Meat
Meat
Quicklift

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2010-05-28

Character sheet
Character Name: Bengali
Race: Ork
Sex: Male

Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:08 am

IF you want to add fresh blood to the mix I can add/ and whip up a character to fill in spots. Since the only thing I'm doing at the moment is the auditions.

Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:22 am

If you want BK to continue, vote today.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:14 am

It would be nice, but at this point it's GMs call. I'm not even sure why posting just kinda dropped right off as soon as we got off the plane. Some of it may very well boil down to a lack of any actual leader and people wanting to do their own things. For my part I've just been playing my part and trying to guide people into hooking up with the star so we can get a little local support (Ability to negociate for the use of safe houses, supplies etc).
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:57 am

Im in for the long haul...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:59 pm

In case that wasn't specific: I am voting, with all the strength that my one vote can bring to bear, that we continue!

We do, afterall, still have at least 3 active players. And it looks like Bear may be becoming active again.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 pm

I really appreciate your votes, guys. I'm going to call it though... BK, DOA, time 11:15:34 07/09/10.

For all of you who've asked in on this run, as replacements or otherwise: I thank you for your offers, but it would simply be unfeasible to insert so many new players in at this point. The only option for the run would be to restart... And honestly, I've not got it in me right now. This is the second try for this story, after all. She'll get a third at some point down the road but it's not going to be anytime real soon.

For my players though, as well as all of you who've asked in on one of my runs, I will go ahead and announce that I will be starting a new run soon. BK players get priority for a spot, but I'll be doing things a bit differently recruitment-wise for my next project. Details will be included when I put up the official want-ad.

"One for the Road" will continue until its completion.

Again, I want to thank all of you who've stuck with this run.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 am

Nooooo! man i really am mad were dropping this one but i totally understand T so whenever you start something up drop me a line.... and im not playing ghost with anyone else so he's on leave i guess. So let me know if you have any ideas need to get initiated lol
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 am

T, we all appreciate the second attempt, that was already going one further than anyone expected. I will be looking forward to whatever you end up putting forth in the future, when your bateries are recharged a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 pm

I agree, and I know how frustrating it can be.

I've been considering scrapping my own game and starting over since only two players (Gala being one of them) seems to be active anymore and I've already filled in half a dozen replacement players.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 2:43 pm

I don't really want to litter on T_Hawk's OOC for my comment on that, but I will anyway. A much simpler way to rope new characters in on an ongoing game, rather than starting fresh, is to pull them in mid-story. You can see an example of ways to do that in "A Time For Secrets" in how I am managing that, but I have roped new players into lots of games, table-top and Play-By-Post, and there are a lot of different ways to do it. It takes a little less effort for a GM, and it keeps the story moving forward for the established players and the GM. In my opinion, it is much more rewarding for the constant players/GM to keep the story moving forward. When you are low on active players, you can post a Want-Ad for a "Side-Run" and loop the new characters in to the existing run by design. Or, if you are propositioned by a new player, you can pull her/him in more directly.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:15 pm

That does work... I've used those tactics myself. The original BK had me inserting new players at 2 different points, as well as giving over a "vacated" character to a new player twice. And, of course, I did the "side-run" option with both of you.

The only problem with this is how far I can stretch my suspension of disbelief... looking back on BK, I would have had to have the team meeting with and accepting new characters onto the team several times during the course of a single day, while losing characters already on the team at the same time. From a realistic standpoint, I just couldn't see this happening, which is why I ended the original BK rather than try and force the story through a meatgrinder to keep it going... and why I've decided to let BK end here rather than doing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:47 am

Makes sense, and I wasn't criticizing you, which is why I mentioned my reservations to posting it in your OOC. I also wasn't criticizing Kess, since he did the same thing in his run. I was simply pointing it out.

Come to think of it, because of the nature of PBP, and the specific dissimilarities of PBP and Table-top... I am going to start to consider an alternate story-line structure, specifically for PBP. I will take this to a seperate thread now, since you guys have given me an idea...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:24 am

"She's full of good idea's this Gal i tell ya!"
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:41 pm

"She always is..." Wink

Didn't think ya'll were recriminating, Gala. I was just offering it up as an example as well as offer some advice and such. I think I'd like to be involved in that conversation, Gala. Where are you taking it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Kisses OOC
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6