Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeButterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Butterfly Kisses OOC

Go down 
+5
Ghostmaker
MisterBook
Jondera
Gala
T_Hawk
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't hate maps. I like nice, perfectly sized maps just fine. Razz

Also, guys, can we please get some paragraph breaks up in here? You know that big-ish button with the '<-' on it? Kesslan, Jon, me, Book, your posts are fine, but Gala, Ghost, and T_Hawk (sorta borderline) it'd really help with the readability of your posts. And that's just a nice way of saying start doing it because your WALLOFWORDS makes me not want to read all the way through otherwise extremely enjoyable writing.

'preciate it! Smile

Last edited by Durandana on Thu May 06, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Do my best to remember that. Pm me if i don't out of rush or RL or what ever. Ill go edit it NP.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:09 am

Hey! Listen Durandana! There is no reason for you to be so DARN derogatory about Cab Drivers! You hear me!? I just can't BELIEVE you called them a "Robot Brain"! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 2:23 am

Hey Gala those dog brains are stealing jobs from hard-working metahumans who can't find work elsewhere! We oughta send 'em right to the recycle bin, the whole lotta them!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:40 am

See, now that is a much more user-friendly term! "Dog-Brain," is so much more alive than "Robot Brain"... Because, seriously, it's not their fault that they all turned out to be Rasta Shamans...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:23 am

Just as a heads up I'll be out of town for a few days.

T-Hawk, if the need arises while I'm gone, by all means NPC me.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Character sheet
Character Name: Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks for the heads up, Kess. Will do.

I'm going to assume that if no one's asked any questions by midnight tonight that the team's giving silent commitment to the run.

Also, a note on perception rolls (or info gathering rolls in general): If you specify what you're looking for, or how you're looking for it, I'll give information such as you request on success. If the roll is just made in general, you'll get general information, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 12:12 pm

And if we want both General and Specific information? 2 Rolls?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 5:47 pm

Hey, Ghost! Nice work with the paragraph breaks! Much, much, much, much easier to read, I appreciate it. Very Happy

Now if we can just get you to use some commas. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:26 pm

my Friends on face book i can only steal the computer from her for short amounts of time but i hear you lol
Back to top Go down
MisterBook
Team Leader
Team Leader
MisterBook

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2010-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:02 am

Sorry for the sudden silence. Got caught up in graduation ceremonies. I'll read and post now.
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Sorry about the delay, team. Got home very late last night and actually fell asleep with the "post reply" screen up on my computer. I'm typing up the Johnson's reply now.

And Gala: A certain amount of "general" information will usually be included in a successful test. However, for broader general information, yes, you'd make 2 rolls, posting 1, waiting for a reply, then posting another.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:30 pm

T_Hawk wrote:
Got home very late last night and actually fell asleep with the "post reply" screen up on my computer.

I've done that before. Just barely managing to hit the hibernate button. Razz

Don't worry about it. We can afford to wait. Wink
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Well, on the plus side it gave everyone a chance to respond to the initial offer.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 1:14 am

Oh my goodness writing in a German accent is fun.

Let me know if it's too hard to read, to the point of being incomprehensible. A little difficulty is fine, and even desired, because your characters should have to focus to understand her, so why shouldn't the players? Razz
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:43 am

I'm enjoying it!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:53 am

I like it too. i do a pretty good typing job of troll speak when I'm paying attention. At the very lest T will probably notice your RP.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:33 am

Quote :
"when I'm paying attention"

Maybe you should pay attention more often? I guarantee that everyone will notice, and appreciate, good RP.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:57 am

heh... maybe i should.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:59 am

Gala wrote:
Maybe you should pay attention more often? I guarantee that everyone will notice, and appreciate, good RP.

Second.

Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 Scruff10
Back to top Go down
T_Hawk
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
T_Hawk

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:28 am

I do pay attention, and it does get noticed. For example, I've spent the past few days trying to figure out which sort of German Vanessa's accent mimics most closely. I've heard 2 people in my life who spoke in an approximation of that accent: A friend of mine from the Czech Republic, specifically the area called the Sudetenland which Germany made a bit of a fuss over at one point in the last century, named Helmut (not joking, it's actually a fairly common name evidently), and... Eva Gabor, depending on how I "hear" the accent. A lot of how the accent Durandana has been writing out depends on how you choose to read it: where you put the stress in the words, how hard you pronounce the syllables, etc.
I know this may seem like a ridiculous amount of attention to pay to something like how a player represents an accent, but it catches my attention. And then I can't stop thinking about it. So... yeah.
Heh. And afterwards, I'm going to look into Auburn's accent. It's a little sad I know more about the peculiar pronunciation and inflections I can expect from someone from halfway around the world speaking English than I do about some of the accents one would encounter in some of the largest cultural centers in this country... Or not. I am Southern, Auburn's definitely speaking a Yankee accent of one sort or another Wink Anyway, it's what I'll be putting my effort into later.

So the moral of the story? I do pay attention to how you play your characters.

Expect an update tonight. Feel free to keep posting till then if you so wish. Should something happen and I can't update, I will do my best to notify you all.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Butterfly Kisses (OOC)   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:39 am

See! Cool
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 9:12 am

I am excited to find out what T thinks of Auburn's accent. And I am particularly excited to hear that he noticed it at all. That is the mark of a careful GM, and something to appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm

That bit about paying attention was not directed at you, T_Hawk. It was for Ghost because he said he could do better if he was paying attention.

I'm... well... surprised that you've spent so much time thinking about my attempt at writing a German accent. I did some research on pronunciation of German words, but I don't actually speak German and none of my friends have German accents, so I just had to come up with something that sounded right when I read it aloud. And you're right, a lot of it depends on how you decide to pronounce the words, but I can't really write that part down.

And Gala, it's pretty hard not to notice Auburn's accent. Wink

Last edited by Durandana on Wed May 12, 2010 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:28 am

Hey, take it back a step. Just because I write with proper punctuation, and run spell check before I have completed my posts doesn't mean I don't know how to write otherwise. Just an FYI: I text with complete sentances, capital letters, and proper punctuation too. I hate it when people do lame-a$$ stuff like "OMG" and "BBIAM" or "ROFLMFAO"... Is it seriously acceptable to be so lame?

And you are correct Durandana, that comment was directed toward Ghost originally, not to T-Hawk. Ghost noticed and responded.
That is not to say that we didn't enjoy seeing T-Hawk's response...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Kisses OOC   Butterfly Kisses OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterfly Kisses OOC
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next