Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time for Secrets - Page 11 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time for Secrets

Go down 
+14
Kouryuu.LV
Larzarus
Sly Hound
johnnytenpins
outpost_2
Line
Gala
taniwhaiti
FireSeraph
wngd_phantom
Kesslan
Ghostmaker
Mirikon
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

A Time for Secrets - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

Driver swears eloquently in several languages before answering Eleanore, "Sweety, please forward the message to the team, and que up a teleconference over the Trix till we get within one mile of the base." Giving a few seconds for Eleanore to get everyone together, "Team, our plans have been moved up, meet us one block away from the eastern gate of the base. Move like you have a purpose in life because our ride to our mission is about to leave in two hours. We can talk along the way through Eleanore either via microphone or messages, we'll relay both, just haul it." Nodding with a smile to Sherri, "I'm sorry but we have to leave, I hope we meet again and please have a pleasent evening." Motioning that Jeanne had better get moving, Driver briskly walks in military lock step towards the lift taking it down, almost willing the machine to drop them to the ground floor before leaving the building to reach Eleanore, "Driver and Jeanne on the way, everyone check in."

[[ooc: Quick question, how long will it take us to reach the base, from the person with the furthest distance to target?]]
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: A Time for secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

LT Hated shopping. He hated the way people looked at him. He had gotten a cart and started to load Jennie's list, when he looked up and everybody was staring at him. "What" he said in a guttural tone "a troll cant shop at Walmart?" Then the call came in from driver a teleconference call. "sweet" is all LT said, and he pushed his cart to the side and made tracks to get a taxi home. He needed some gear if he was going to go through with all of this. He stopped to grab a ski mask paid for it and hi tails it out of that uncomfortable place...

[[OOC:Gonna go home grab some gear and meet the rest of the team should take about and hour.]]
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Character sheet
Character Name: Havick

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:05 pm

((OOC: if my calculations are right then at the very least you will have 30 minutes once everyone has arived, though expect that mostlikely you will have an hour))
Back to top Go down
Line
Meat
Meat
Line

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 pm

Jack was doing idle research on the general information about their location when the message from "1" was received, and he frowned at what it contained. In light of the new information, he stopped what he had been doing, to sit for a full minute and think about the possible paths from this choice. Pulling up the display in AR, sweeping the rest of his windows to the side, he calmly composed his message.

"-san,
Currently the information we seek is not at the proper amount to be acted upon. I advise caution in proceeding.
A staggered manner of arrival has a benefit in preventing immediate association. At present I am insufficient to the task.
I cannot contribute with any certainty of success. If you intend to continue, I understand the necessity."

A flick of his hand folded the message and sent it as a reply, an elegant letter containing his message. A pass of his hand brought his windows back and shuffled them into a folder as he paid his tab and stood, heading outside for the exit, and after that, home.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 am

Ashe's face colours as Driver gives his languages their paces. She recognises enough of what he is saying to know that they cannot be without provocation.
"Sherri, please excuse Driver for..." Her thought trails off when his message comes in on her 'link. She reads it quickly, and feels the blood draining from her face. She looks back to Sherri, and he jaw works, trying to come up with words for this situation.
"It seems that our time tables have been re-adjusted. I will, of course, take care to see that your time with me this afternoon is repaid in kind. It looks like, however, I must be leaving. Immediately." Her normally timbre voice loses all sense of colour. She speaks flatly, clearly her mind in other places.

Ashe turns to the manager then, as Driver finishes his discussion with Eleanor. "Please accept my appology for your time thus far, I know it is busy at this time in the afternoon. See to it that any expense Sherri incurs is covered by my normal tab." Ashe turns on Driver's heel and heads out.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:59 am

Uppon recieving the word from Driver about the early departure, Kesslan decided the bes thing was to remain calm. He'd already been home for s ome time now geting packed, and so with two hours to go, he had no immediate rush to worry about

'What's the plan then? We don't have time to setup any elaborate ruse.'
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Voice Comm via Eleanore:

"Jack, you are getting paid for this mission. Everyone comes, nobody quits. I don't care if i have to hog tie you and put you in Eleanore's heavily armored trunk."

Driver slides into the already opened and running Eleanore and waits for Jeanne to enter her opened door and belt in before taking off through traffic.

"Our original plan of an Intel inspection won't necessarily fly anymore. The script has changed. Our intel officer, I believe we agreed to be Ms. Jeanne, will be stoically upset that her project is being overtaken without her knowledge. If she insists that we come along as added protection for whatever the usurper has planned and for her project's assurances, we MIGHT be able to get passed this without a fight. Failing that, or the plan b, is that we carve a bloody path to the plan, killing x amount of people, stealing their uniforms, sneaking aboard the plane and taking off into the sunset with whatever happens to be in the hold either left on the ground or coming with us. Any questions?"

Switching off his end of the transmission for a second to address Eleanore: "Eleanore, can you give me an ammo count and weapons status of everything, including my ruger, I believe i loaded everything a few nights ago."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Ashe smiles as Driver takes off into traffic, looking forward to a repeat performance of the last ride he shared with her.

"I am completely in agreement with that plan, and I can do a very convincingly pouty intel officer..." Ashe adds in with a grin. Despite the short notice, this was clearly an exciting change in events, and regardless of their chances for success, she was definitely on board for the attempt.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:34 pm

"ok i got it! Although i think we better really have that plan b down cause i don't think there gonna let me though with my pistols but what'ev im in." He did not like this drop of the hat planning but he was always up for a good fight, and he was sure one was coming.... he put on his cam suit and loaded his pistols putting them in there respective hidden arm slides, also loading his speed loaders with deadly ammo. Then threw his lined coat over it all. last but not least he popped in his his contact lenses. laced his boots tight, and grabbed his nodachi. Then he headed for the meet telling the taxi to drop him off a block and a half off from the actual meeting zone. He walked out the block and a half and when he got there he held out the massive sword to driver who was most likely there already. saying in a guttural tone but with a toothy smile "Need you to put this in your car keep it safe please its special too me, but they wont let me through with it so im asking you watch out for it for me till i can hold it again ya scan..." He waited for driver to take it.

(if he did then he would say) "If anything happens get it to the address I'm sending you now. Someone will pick it up and deliver it to who it needs to go too, and he will know what it means. Thanks bro"

(if he did not then he would say)"No prob its a big responsibility, and i understand. it was a gift that then became a gift again. maybe they wont say nothin." He smiles, nods, and puts the sword on his back and says "Everyone here yet or just you and Jeanne..."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 11:48 am

Kesslan regarded his equipment as he read Driver's response. He'd initially been debating what to take with him, but this seemed to change things a great deal. He'd have to put a few things on his bike, but he could take along what he needed at least. 'There is the problem that I doubt I will be able to simply sneak, or talk my way past a bunch of military guards. I am not human after all, if they have so much as even one mage, I have no way of hiding what I am, and my kind in this land, have no rights. I would likely either need to meet you all elsewhere, or some how attempt to infiltrate the base and get on board before you take off. With help I could also meet up later by arranging passage via smugglers, perhaps if we went that route I could even bring along what ever else could not be carried.'
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Ashe reads Kesslan's reply twice, just to make sure she got it correctly. She then pens out a response, not waiting for Driver to get to it.
"It should be ok for you to come along Kess. Your kind are not nearly as uncommon in Mil-Intel as they are elsewhere. Anyone with a moderately logical mind can see the benefit of keeping around a 'Shifter for Intel purposes; and their "rights" are protected by their senior officers, so as long as they buy our story about me, you're in the clear. And if they don't buy our story about me, then you're problems are no bigger or smaller than the rest of ours. You will not likely have contributed to a failed attempt, however you are viewed on the streets." She posts back to the group.
"If anyone has anything they would like to add to that, feel free."
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 am

"Sounds good to me, let's just get there and see what we have to deal with."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 am

Seeming to accept the idea of at least trying things Ashe's way, Kesslan responds 'What do you want me to wear then? I've got a chameleon suit but nothing else that would be appropriately military looking. I don't think I could get a proper set of UCAS military fatigues in such a short time frame."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:05 pm

"OOH! Good one! Chameleon Suit is most definitely appropriately Mil-Intel. Wear that! It will be great!" She says out loud. She looks to Driver to give him a chance to comment.

Ashe looks at Driver and LT quizically."So, do we want to roll up in Eleanor? I know that it would be fitting, considering how sleek she is. But are you comfortable with the risk to her? Ashe looks at Driver pointedly. Then, before he has a chance to answer, she lets out a sigh. "I guess it doesn't make that much of a difference either way, huh? A risk to her is a risk to you. And she won't stand for a risk to you, will she?" Ashe asks, having come to appreciate the sleek and smooth driving that Eleanor was able to provide. Ashe didn't like bringing her into the Mil-parking, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of an option this time. She looks toward the car, enjoying the smooth lines, and extremely well engineered efficiency of the vehicle. She looks back to Driver, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:28 pm

As everyone staggers to the aggreed meeting spot just outside of the base ther team has a total of 20 minutes to act before the plane leaves from the point the last member arived. Anyone who has two eyes can see that securety on the base seems a bit heavy theres a blockade at the entrance and a good halfdozen MP's outside fo the Guard Shack at each entrance and no easy way of geting a vehickle though the front gates concrete blockades are set that would take a good 4 stron men to move out of the way which might explain why so many guards are at the entrance.

Elenore pipes in "Driver i detect about 120 mobile wierless signals between here and the aircraft. If you would like i could see about spoofing the guards close by tto thinking that Mrd. jannie here is a Base inspections officer, that will get you passed the checkpoint but i dont know about further in the base'

((ooc: If anyone had an outstanding message to a contact please either send me a pm or post it int hte OOC thread))
Back to top Go down
Line
Meat
Meat
Line

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Ai'leo

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 7:19 pm

Jeanne's commlink would register an incoming message about then, an AR sheet of paper with characters written on it neat Japanese and a small prompt in the bottom corner. When the small prompt is activated, the sheet folds over in her hands, and an English translation is provided.

Action without proper information, I cannot approve of, but contribute, I can. I can provide a pair of assistants. Tell me when I can grant you their service.
~ジャク
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 am

Driver leans against Eleanor as the team arrives one by one, taking the trolls sword in his hand, he gives it a spin, testing its weight in his hands, before opening the trunk and dropping the weapon in. "It would be wiser to keep all weapons close at hand, but if it means that much to you, We can keep it safe." Calmly roling his eyes as he listened to Jeanne frantically discuss military fashion, Have these people no common sense? "I would advise wearing whatever armor you want to, the more professional the better. Other than that, it doesn't matter. Jeanne and I are going in Eleanore, the rest of you will follow behind, we are going through the front door first, and we have about twenty minutes before this plane is gone for good, so lets get the show on the road. Eleanore, spoof as many signals as you can enough to get us in throught the door without suspicion, then i want you to spoof the radar system into thinking three lone star attack choppers are coming in from the opposite sides of the base, when the alarms go off, everyone haul dreck for the hanger, understood?" Driver calmly walked back to the open door and slid in behind the wheel, buckling up and waiting for Jeanne to get in before rolling up to the gate.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 am

After disconnecting from Kesslan, Ashe starts to collect her thoughts and focus her attitude in on the act about to be committed. Just in the middle of her calming exersize, Ashe recieves Jack's "note", and puzzles over the Japanese for a moment, before the resident translation program takes over and gives her the translated version on the flip side.

"Action without proper information, I cannot approve of, but contribute, I can. I can provide a pair of assistants. Tell me when I can grant you their service."

Ashe is not entirely certain what to make of this. It seemed like he was not in favor of an attempt to take the plane, but that he was willing to help. She turns to Driver, and forwards the "note" to his 'link.
"What do you make of this?" She asks, noting momentarilly that the time was ticking away. "T minus 20 minutes, and counting" She could hear the deep count-down voice in her head.
While she waits for Driver to comment, Ashe returns to her calming meditation exersize, fully expecting to be interrupted shortly by the arrival of several team members, Jack and Kesslan included. While doing this, she reaches in to her Carry-All and pulls out her armored jacket, and shrugs it on. Her crisp skirt-suit perfectly met the requirements of a business professional outfit; and with the armored jacket over the top, she would be well outfitted for her current "assignment".

After waiting for a reply from Driver, Ashe turns to "brief" him on her strengths and weaknesses going in here. Since the note doesn't directly affect her strategy one way or another, she needed Driver to be as prepared as possible to back her up in whatever course she could make work out.
"Ok, here is the deal. I can be considerably convincing in almost any situation. In addition, I have the capacity to work with one individual at a time -optimally- or more than one -suboptimally- to enhance my effect. Depending on the circumstance, I will be able to either affect their emotions, or indirectly affect their choice in actions. In both cases, only another magician would be able to divine the interference in their actions. What that means for us is this: when we get in there, we need to act to make my magic the most effective. First, I will be working through some "paperwork" on my 'link, and you will lead me to the one or two most influential people inside. I can work my magic on those people, and they can help expediate the rest of our mission. An Administrator and a CO are probably the two best to work with. I can implant a suggestion in the Admin, and I can enhance my relative trust-worthiness in the CO. Hopefully that will do the trick. What do you think?" She says, looking Driver in the eyes. It should be a relatively solid plan, taking in to account her strengths and weaknesses. Hopefully his expertise will help her smooth out the edges a little bit.
"Also, what are the chances of magicians being inside? I know that standard rhetoric suggests that the Mil-types don't trust them much, but I am not familiar enough with it to rest my hopes on that. I can, of course, check when I get in, but an inactive magician is hard to spot in a hurry."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:11 am

When Kesslan arrives, the usual flashy exterior of his customized Thundercloud Contrail is hidden by the vehicles chameleon coating which he'd set to be a more bland generic colour pattern that was as close to the UCAS Military vehicle colouring as he could manage. Matching this was his previously mentioned chameleon suit, which at present he had set to just a solid colour scheme. With him he carried a pair of handguns, his shotgun and swords, with his rifle broken down and other gear safely tucked away in his backpack. He was a little nervous at what the group was going to try, indeed he considered it a little insane given how well equipped the military was. Still, he had to try and trust in Driver since he had been the one to cook up this mad scheme and hopefully had something less suicidal than just 'rush in and hop on the plane'. Time however would tell.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am

Ashe gives a quick, somewhat critical look over Kesslan as he pulls up. She nods, a small smile signalling her approval, as she looks over his color schemes. Intel gets to be somewhat "eccentric" in their choice of armor and armament. They also tend to be somewhat off-the-books, which gives them the freedom to do their jobs. That provides both a significant opportunity, as well as a potentially gaping hole in preparation... Since it is impossible to know when they will show up, the base cannot confirm or deny them, usually, upon arrival. Unfortunately, that also means that her team wouldn't be able to prepare for their already being there!
"Lookin' good." She said to Kess confidently. Again, their particular armor choice was usually not that important, considering their cover; the real issues were somewhat more out of their control.
Back to top Go down
Havick1988
Team Leader
Team Leader
Havick1988

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 am

Once everyone had decided on what they were going to do Driver and Jeanne get in the car and drive toward the entrance of the base. they are stoped there and asked their reasons for coming to teh base
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:11 pm

LT Approched Kess and grunted "you coming?" then started toward the entrance....
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Ashe gives a light cough, looking past Driver and through the window toward the guard. "Good afternoon," Ashe says, using one of the most bland and boring voices you can imagine her using. Given the circumstance, it was entirely appropriate, but none of the team had heard her voice as minimally expressive as they could hear now.
"I'm here for a surprise inspection." Ashe says, her voice maintaining the bland, a-tonal quality it had taken on before. "Please inform the CO that I am here, and have the base Admin meet me at the door with a list of all personnel, security equipment, and high profile equipment currently on base. Also, be sure to let them know that I will need to see their security coverage, the approach vectors, and I want a to see their remediation for the issues that were documented on the last inspection." Ashe finishes speaking, and apears to relax back into her chair. She waits for a few moments, while the guard seems to be entirely out of sorts, then turns toward him and fixes him with a glare. She leans into the look, coming across the center of the car.
"And you can open the gate. Now." She instructs, her voice taking on another surprising and as yet unheard edge. The anger, even knowing it is feigned, is quite believable. The edge to her voice crackles across the car. The effect is almost palpable, but seems to also be effective, as the guard snaps straight up and mumbles out a "Right away Maam", turning to attend to the gate without even having remembered to ask for ID. As Driver rolls up the window, and the tint covers them from any potentially damaging stray eyes, Ashe let's a smile cross her face.
"So far, so good. Easy part is done, let's see how the hard part comes along!"

Driver pulls forward in to a mostly full parking lot, with only 3 available spaces for parking. The two closest to the building are reserved, the first as a handicap spot, and the second simply has a signpost with a sign that says "Reserved".
"Driver, I know that we weren't asked for ID at the gate, but that does not mean it won't happen. Is there any chance that Eleanor was able to complete the spoof? Is she ready, on your queue, to forward them in?" Ashe asks, as Driver starts to slow down in the mouth of the parking lot. The choice between the three spaces is in front of him.

Kesslan and LT approach the gate, just as it closes behind the car in front of them. The guard, looking quite off-balance, comes out of the small guardhouse, and addresses the both of you. "Uhh, state, um, your business. Err... Who are you here to see?" The guard says, addressing Kesslan and LT together.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:40 pm

"Uh we're with them" LT says in gutteral yet respectful tone trying to keep the attention on him and not his shapshifting friend. He thinks to himself Yeah this is the part we should all have worked out! He reminds himself that with one flick of his rists his favorite pistols would be in his hands from there hidden arm slides. He imagined both of them coming to the ready, and choos his targets without giving off the slightest hint at what he was doing or what he was thinking. He waited to see if Ashe and driver came back for them....
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Kesslan follows along on his bike easily enough, glancing to the guard and then back over towards the apparently departing vehicle with both Driver and Ashe. "You'd think.." he said in a somewhat droll tone "That she'd clear the bunch of us at once..." he simply shook his head and pulled up his comlink AR display to fire off a quick message to Ashe. Just in case the traffic was being monitored he kept it as formal as he could make it. 'Pardon me mam, but you apparently forgot to clear us with the gate guard.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time for Secrets   A Time for Secrets - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time for Secrets
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next