Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeTwinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)

Go down 
+8
Darkon
PresentPresence
Kouryuu.LV
Starcraft
Gala
Faust
Jagger
Kesslan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tenaka
Meat
Meat
Tenaka

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Character sheet
Character Name: TK
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 2:07 am

Thanks for the karma, as for improvements:

Demolitions from 2 to 3 = 6
Automatics from 3 to 4 = 8
Karma Left: 4
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:29 pm

Darkon, nice post!
cheers

Liked the convo with the teenager. I remember all too well convos like that with my own son
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Thank you. I don't have children yet. But I had my share of handling teenagers. Wink It seemed appropriate for Darkon to worry about them. With all this uncertainity about who the team is against. and how much the enemy knows.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Andrealphus' daughter would have been Spawn's only 'family' as he was like an uncle to her. Unfortunately, that character is being written out of the game.

Ah well, easy come easy go.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Well, Andrealphus the character is still here. But hurt. And that healing, depending on severity, might take weeks or even months. Who takes care of his daughter in that time if not her uncle?
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:00 pm

That is true. I'll have to add her into future posts.

Thanks Darkon!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:41 pm

I assumed a blast of that magnitude would bring up media interest.

If I'm stepping my toe too far out, please tell me and I will edit.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 7:56 pm

Oh no, a weapons satellite firing on a target anywhere near the UCAS, much less just outside a major city is big news indeed.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Speaking of milspec stuff, I hope you guys do realize that in light of all the news, having a milspec vehicle covered in volcanic ash driving around, not to mention all your own vehicles, is going to draw a lot of attention.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 am

It certainly will. Sha'hGrim won't think of it; but it wouldn't be a bad idea for us to arrange for a car-washing to be done as well. Ash is not our friend at the moment.

And I'm not sure if anyone else got your subtle hint there, but I certainly did. Again, Sha'hGrim can't articulate this at the moment... But it might be a REALLY good idea for us to allow the "Spoils of War" to be taken to the Exchange's Drop-Off point. Someone will have to tell Sha'hGrim who Sidney is, and that she should download that app, and that she should allow the truck be taken to the Exchange... Because if no one does, she will override him when he goes anywhere other than the Doctor's office. And as Kesslan mentioned: that will attract some unwanted attention.

And finally @Sidney: Kesslan has warned us all that you aren't going to be posting with the "flurry" of posts that we all can and have been maintaining. We're good with that. But please try to post a little bit more regularly. If you're having trouble with understanding some of what's happening, feel free to post up a question on the OOC thread here. We are all friendly and helpful, and we are more than willing to do what it takes to keep this game moving smoothly.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:32 am

You don't have to take the offer if you don't want to but if youndont you'd better think up a quick alternative
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:00 am

Yep. I hear ya! And, as if an ash-covered Military Vehicle, with decals, is not going to be obvious enough; it's also Possessed!
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Gala wrote:

And finally @Sidney: Kesslan has warned us all that you aren't going to be posting with the "flurry" of posts that we all can and have been maintaining. We're good with that. But please try to post a little bit more regularly. If you're having trouble with understanding some of what's happening, feel free to post up a question on the OOC thread here. We are all friendly and helpful, and we are more than willing to do what it takes to keep this game moving smoothly.

Thanks Gala, went over the Rulebook on the weekend, and I think I'm getting the gist of this Play By Post thing down.

Been bugging Kess of late at all times of the day with text messages while he's at work Twisted Evil

In any case, just made a new post- little bit fuzzy on what I need to roll- perhaps you could take a look? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Sidney, that's a great post! We always love the commentary!

As far as hacking Alexia's commlink goes, I don't think you'll have any reason to worry about the roll right at this moment. Take a look at my post (posting shortly) as to why your character will have all his attention focused on one place.

@Kesslan: as far as I can tell, only Alexia has opened her 'Link to the Exchange's app, right (I'm not counting Adrealphus or Spawn)? Or does Darkon or Edgar also have the App?

@All: Whomever has the App may want to post up a response to Sha'hGrim's question soon... As she is about to initiate a form of PVP. Non-lethal, at the moment, but PVP no less.

@Kesslan: You may want Initiative Rolls for Sidney and the Spirit... Here is the Spirit's Init: 6 Successes, total Init: 16+6=22 - That is, if you decide you need them.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 pm

I did not have Spawn respond as he is in the process of treatment, and I figure the medical staff would not allow him to send/receive communications as to avoid interference with their equipment and scanning devices.

Otherwise, Spawn is an Exchange member.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm

At Kesslan's discretion, you could respond anyway. Sha'hGrim's initial question was likely posed sometime before the group arrived at the Doctor's office - as my last post had to cover several separate timelines.. Though, I have no idea where that falls in your Consciousness continuum. So, again, at Kesslan's discretion...
Back to top Go down
SidneyL
Meat
Meat

Registration date : 2012-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 pm

Gala wrote:
Hi Sidney, that's a great post! We always love the commentary!

Thanks for the compliment! I'm trying... Smile

Gala wrote:

As far as hacking Alexia's commlink goes, I don't think you'll have any reason to worry about the roll right at this moment. Take a look at my post (posting shortly) as to why your character will have all his attention focused on one place.

Aw, and just when I was getting into things Wink Spoil my fun... Razz

So what exactly happens when you're character is taken over by another?

I also can't find any rules in the book for possessions...is it in a supplement?

Gala wrote:

@Kesslan: as far as I can tell, only Alexia has opened her 'Link to the Exchange's app, right (I'm not counting Adrealphus or Spawn)? Or does Darkon or Edgar also have the App?

I believe Edgar has in this post, but I have yet to see he or Alexia say a word in the chat program yet.

I may have missed that though.

It's a lot of text Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Ok at this point I'm going to have to ask you all to hold up on posting till Incan get things sorted out. That's gonna take a few hours as I'm still at work and just recently had an accident. Nothing too serious but bad enough I need to go see a doctor tomorrow.

I'll try to get a ruling in tonight though on what's happening when but at this point can't make any promises.

On a final note, The Exchange and the app have nothing to do with Sidneys reactions, or successes. It is merely an encrypted chat channel that none of you, even the members of The Exhange have the codes etc for. The Exhange is an entirely neutral party in this matter at the moment (though that may change if it feels it is under attack)
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 pm

Kesslan, don't sweat the game, omae, get yourself healed up. Your health is more important than posting tonight. And I'm sure everyone participating in the game would agree.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

I agree whole heartedly. You can't rush healing. Even less when it comes from overcasting.

Alright, being serious for a change. Get well Kesslan. And take the time you need. We can wait.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Eh, it's just my wrist. Pretty sure it's all soft tissue damage. My hand still works, it just hurts Razz

Ok so for timeline events here, I'm going to have to ask for a few things to be reconned/reworked. Sidney was following the vehicles from the blast and it wasn't until everyone started jumping way ahead without giving any thought as to where everyone was actually intending to go. In the future, if you want to jump that far ahead please at least settle things out with everyone OOCly so we don't keep having this jumping back and forth mess that it creates. As such I'm going to rule that the course change deviation doesn't occur until the group is mostly to the city, but well before you all arrive at the clinic as the clinic is in Seattle proper, where as where The Exchange had requested the drop to occur was well before you hit city limits. However as it's a relatively short distance Spawn at this point will be semi conscious at best (hazy but waking up) as due to his roll it only takes about 5 minutes from when he was healed to when he regains consciousness and the trip would at most take about 40 minutes or so unless you were all going seriously over the speed limit.

Secondly you can not assume possession to be an automatic success against an unwilling target, especially when said target has not been previously prepared as a vessel. As such normal possession rules do apply and I'd say it would count as a spirit service. This means the spirit must roll Force x2 and Sid needs to roll Intution + Willpower as an opposed test as Sid would not count as a willing or helpless target or a prepared vessel as he's driving his truck via AR commands not VR. Who ever gets the most dice wins and Sid may at his discretion spend a point of edge to use edge dice in his test as normal. Possession attempts as a 'surprise attack' do not negate the need to make the possession test and do not automatically succeed. (Otherwise they would almost never fail as almost no one, including most awakened wouldn't ever see it coming and a piddly force 1 could easily possess say.. the president of the UCAS)

Additionally the Spirit can not tell that Sid's truck is unoccupied (At this point it could only tell by using the Astral as it has no actual eyes, and glass acts as an opaque wall to astral vision. Glass is not see through on the astral) and anyone else must make a perception test with the appropriate modifiers for being distracted as well as trying to see some one through the default tinted windows most vehicles have.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:35 am

The spirit is not attempting to possess Sidney. Even in this case (i.e. relatively mundane and unimportant) I would never initiate a PVP with something as sinister as that! The spirit is, however, possessing the Truck. Which means, in essence, it is the Truck. So when it decides to stop accelerating, and decelerate instead, that's simply what happens. When I added the OOC message that there would be a sort of PVP, what I meant was that Sidney would be struggling with the Truck. I realize that he's driving with AR; and the Spirit, which is the Truck is (now) driving manually. There can, and likely will, be a struggle between the two of them. Again, that is only with the Spirit possessing the Truck - the Spirit is most definitely not possessing Sidney, nor is that necessary for my description to be appropriate.
So: I appologize if my above supplemental description was unclear. To summarize: The spirit, which is already possessing the vehicle, has decided to stop and pull over, per a previous command from Sha'hGrim. I can assume a surprise round, and an automatic success in beginning those actions.
Thank you for ruling on the timelines. I still need you to re-read my post, with this above clarification in mind, so that you can finish your ruling.

As for there being no driver in the vehicle ahead of us, I will make that edit. You're right that there would be no way to see that; and while it's information the Spirit could have, if I had asked it to look in the Truck while Sidney was getting out - I did not, so neither the Spirit nor I can have noticed that.
And finally: all of the above may prove unnecessary. Starcraft has not posted in some time, but if you're ruling that we had a good 35 minutes of Sidney following us, then that means that Alexia had 35 minutes to respond to Sha'hGrim's question as to who it is driving the Mil Truck. If Alexia responds that he's not a threat, then I basically have to delete me last post and write a fresh new one.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 am

I edited my post on page 9 to reflect Spawn regaining consciousness within five to ten minutes after healing.
I don't want to lose my last post, I like that one Very Happy, but I will save it in lieu of any additional posts that may be necessary before that point along the timeline.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:37 am

Ok there's some confusion still on what Sid is driving how. He's driving his own truck via AR commands a bit like a drone. Basically instructing the vehicles pilot program on what to do next as necessary, while using his own hands to drive the army truck.

As the spirit is possessing the army truck already any other tests are irrelevant as it already controls all manual functions of the car and in this situation it's not like your trying to kill him. The only issue was the way your post initially read about trying to possess him directly. Sid could arguably strugle against the steering wheel but there's no way he'd be able to affect the brake pedal and the gas pedal would more or less wind up as a strength based test with the spirit pushing it up and him trying to push it down with his foot, more
Or less the same scenario with the steering wheel.

And to clear it up now the spirit would also be able to control the door locks so if it wants to keep him in he'd most likely have to break one of the armoured glass windows to do so. Beyond that though it would likely be best to give the others a chance to speak up about Sids presence

By the same token however The Exhchanges rep did send a message via Spawns comlink initially that it had a member heading your way to help, prior to the attack drone that was firing on tagets outside the warehouse getting destroyed and Sid showed up right after that so his presence was not entirely unannounced
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:57 am

Ok, glad we got that sorted out (and it was not my intent to mislead). There is clearly no intention to either directly control Sid's body (though keeping him in the Truck may be an appropriate next-step for the Spirit) nor to attack him. When I called it PVP, that was intended to get your attention, and to annouce that my Spirit is taking non-collaborative actions against another player. However, I am doing everything in my power to imagine RP appropriate solutions that are non-violent.

As for his presence being announced: You are absolutely correct. And I had not forgotten that. However, I believe that my RP for Sha'hGrim is accurate and appropriate. Remember: She has a SEVERE headache, so thinking is most definitely not her strong suit at the moment. And the Spirit is most certainly not aware that Rufus/Sidney is an unannounced team member (it has no commlink...); although it can clearly tell that he is non-hostile, hence the non-violent opposing actions.
And we've both given ample time for the team to respond, and sent out several reminders over OOC... Our last two options are: you can respond for one of the team members (Darkon did respond in his most recent post; so Sha'hGrim will relent once we move forward in time a bit). OR We can let this play out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)   Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - OOC Chat (Archive)
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next