Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 am

peaceful doesn't mean though that we still wouldn't banter at each other for awhile
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:08 am

Gala wrote:
Ok, so, it's time for Karma Awards:

Darkon - I am enjoying the depth of your character. Despite that she is designed to be a relative non-combatant, you have managed to show capacity in two different combat situations. One was, of course, simulated and quite challenging. In addition, you are showing the occasional brilliant post, and I hope those continue! (Also: don't forget to add the Post Awards that I assessed.)
- +14 Karma

Thank you very much. But, unless I have simply missed it, I did not get post awards yet, or did I?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:13 am

Gala wrote:
Ok, so, it's time for Karma Awards:

Kouryuu - Viking has proven quite valuable in his capacity as a "Buffer" and we still haven't gotten to see his true design intention! Keep putting thought in to how you RP him, in every situation. Make sure that you pay attention to both the potential benefits and negatives.
- +12 Karma

Doomo arigato gozaimasu.
Or
thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 9:58 am

The updated character sheet of Specter. The changes are underlaid in red on your AR display for your convenience. Wink

I took Perception from 0 to 1, because she did not have it before but used it plenty during the game already.

I took Infiltration from 0 to 1, because not only is it useful, but she snuck up onto the beach and did relatively well.

I also want her to learn the spell Increased Reflexes. Although she will not be able to use it until she has gotten up her shaman lodge, got an appropriate spell formula (Or learned it from Viking maybe, would be a nice hookup for character interaction) and learned it. But I already booked the appropriate karma points.

I hope we will have the time for her to put up the lodge, as this will take some time. But, if I read the rules correctly, she could put it up with a force of 1 and then, whenever there is time, she could build up on that. Taking a day per forcepoint each of uninterupted ritual.

The rules state, that one should not improve more than one skill at a time. I just thought because Kesslan did it, and as Gala stated that the karma will be given out in intervals, it might be alright.

EDIT:

Ok, that post got a bit longer than expected. On the other hand, it should span the four hours timeskip all the better.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:45 pm

BTW Gala, Kess speaks Japanese just fine without the aid of a linguasoft Razz

Kess has both English and Japanese as a 'veteran' level skill (Rating 4) and Aztec as Native.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:02 pm

BTW folks,

Please review our Armoury List as well as your own character sheets and see if there's anything else you may want to have available and send me a PM with your wish list. I'll also be looking into finally issuing out the milspec suits we 'acquired' from the ever so 'generous' UCAS military. Though that brings me to a question for our GM: What rules are you using for full suits? Body X3 or the optional no encumbrance on full suits? Also I don't think we ever hashed out what level the suits were, I know there was some heavy milspec but I forget if there was light/medium as well or if it was all Heavy.

Also, how do you want to handle acquiring software? I'm thinking it would be a good idea to make sure everyone who doesn't already, gets issued R6 comlinks + R4 Tacsoft. I can design the comlinks I'd like to get everyone if that makes it easy for you. (I'll probably also look at getting everyone a contact lens + glasses setup + ear buds across the board to help provide the necessary sensor channels required to maintain the tac soft)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:32 pm

There is 1 suit of Heavy, 3 suits of Medium, and 2 suits of Light. In addition, the available Spare Parts that were acquired along with the suits seem to suggest that they were intended to be able to upgrade the suits, as needed. There is enough spare for 1 full upgrade.

Encumbrance:
- Bodyx3 for un-upgraded suits (these are un-upgraded at the moment).
- No Encumbrance for suits which have the full Mobility upgrade. Otherwise, Mobility functions as stated.
- The Strength Upgrade will reduce Encumbrance, as does the Mobility Upgrade, by it's rating.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 pm

BTW: good news for all our spell slingers. Thanks to WAR there is now a smartlink for spells (Sort of). Getting some may be difficult though but it's something we can work towards if your all interested.

I'm also going to see about getting responsive interface gear to get added to everyone's armour (Also from WAR) as it a simrig/skinlink/sim module system all in one that also lets you use your natural senses as channels for a tac soft. Since I'd like to try and get us running an R4 tacsoft we are going to need 8 channels from everyone on the net. A RIG would let us throw in Vision, Smell, Hearing for 3 channels minimum per person (+1 for every additional sense you may have such as low-light, thermal, motion sense etc). This means it will be easier to make up the other 5 channels with other sensors such as smartlinks, cameras and other sensory gear.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 am

So far for Karma Expenditure, I guess I will do the RP thing this time and Increase strength as the curse had been removed a few weeks back and the arm is coming back to it's full potential. so 10 Karma goes to increase strength from 1 -> 2 and 3 Karma kept for the case I need it.

by the way, Viking is Native in Japanese, as well as in English so he can play the translator for Specter.

one more thing, he can put a translate spell on Specter so she can understand Jack, but not sure how it works, as the caster the subject and the target are not really clearly defined in the description.
Gala your thoughts?

And does Viking know why it is so hard? or would he have to search asses assense it as well?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 am

That's a good use of Karma, and doesn't require any further in-game attention. Go ahead and apply it to your character sheet, and make sure to put the karma section in your character sheet as well (including karma earned, karma spent, karma remaining, and what you spent it on).

You can cast the spell. It will work as you are thinking it should work. You can also translate yourself.
But Specter doesn't know that you're native Japanese speaker, so until you notice the difficulty, you won't know to do the translating, or cast the spell. Right now, you're oblivious to the issue. And Specter is oblivious to you as a potential solution.

Last edited by Gala on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 am

Gala wrote:
That's a good use of Karma, and doesn't require any further in-game attention. Go ahead and apply it to your character sheet, and make sure to put the karma section in your character sheet as well (including karma earned, karma spent, karma remaining, and what you spent it on).

You can cast the spell. It will work as you are thinking it should work. You can also translate yourself.
But Specter doesn't know that you're native Japanese speaker, so until you notice the difficulty, you won't know to do the translating, or cast the spell. Right now, you're oblivious to the issue. And Specter is oblivious to you as a potential solution.
OK, just have to get the timeline straight then
it happens in the 4 h right or not really?

preparing the Report post for kesslan
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 am

Also, in answer to your other question:

It's always difficult to sort through someone else's memories. It is easiest when the memories are close to your own experience threshold, as you are familiar with what the other person is experiencing. You are not normally familiar with the life of someone who doesn't see well, and is functionally illiterate. Working with that person's memories is a challenge in the best of circumstances, because their experience of the world is drastically different from your own. This one is even more challenging because you don't even know what you're looking for. You are simply certain that "you'll know it when you see it," but that doesn't guarantee that the target's perception "locked on" to whatever you're looking for in the first place.
To make a long description short: You're looking for an undefined "something" in the memories of someone who likely didn't notice it to begin with. It's there. But it's not in focus. This is extremely difficult. It would be easier if you knew what you were looking for. It would also be easier if the target's experience of the world was similar to yours. Neither of these things is true.
My suggestion: Share what you've got with the team. They will likely offer comments, thoughts, and suggestions. Then take their comments, thoughts, and suggestions, and search the memories again. You might be more lucky the second time around.

[EDIT] Yes, you napped for 4 hours. AFTER 4 hours, you began working on the memory stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:54 am

Gala wrote:
Also, in answer to your other question:

It's always difficult to sort through someone else's memories. It is easiest when the memories are close to your own experience threshold, as you are familiar with what the other person is experiencing. You are not normally familiar with the life of someone who doesn't see well, and is functionally illiterate. Working with that person's memories is a challenge in the best of circumstances, because their experience of the world is drastically different from your own. This one is even more challenging because you don't even know what you're looking for. You are simply certain that "you'll know it when you see it," but that doesn't guarantee that the target's perception "locked on" to whatever you're looking for in the first place.
To make a long description short: You're looking for an undefined "something" in the memories of someone who likely didn't notice it to begin with. It's there. But it's not in focus. This is extremely difficult. It would be easier if you knew what you were looking for. It would also be easier if the target's experience of the world was similar to yours. Neither of these things is true.
My suggestion: Share what you've got with the team. They will likely offer comments, thoughts, and suggestions. Then take their comments, thoughts, and suggestions, and search the memories again. You might be more lucky the second time around.

[EDIT] Yes, you napped for 4 hours. AFTER 4 hours, you began working on the memory stuff.
yep, doing so, also proposing kesslan to implant some memories to make interrogation easier.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Kesslan wrote:
BTW: good news for all our spell slingers. Thanks to WAR there is now a smartlink for spells (Sort of). Getting some may be difficult though but it's something we can work towards if your all interested.

I'm also going to see about getting responsive interface gear to get added to everyone's armour (Also from WAR) as it a simrig/skinlink/sim module system all in one that also lets you use your natural senses as channels for a tac soft. Since I'd like to try and get us running an R4 tacsoft we are going to need 8 channels from everyone on the net. A RIG would let us throw in Vision, Smell, Hearing for 3 channels minimum per person (+1 for every additional sense you may have such as low-light, thermal, motion sense etc). This means it will be easier to make up the other 5 channels with other sensors such as smartlinks, cameras and other sensory gear.

What about astral perception? Could that be transmitted too?

As for the language, Specter has a Japanese skill of 3. Should be enough for some smalltalk. And we can just assume they talked in japanese while cooking, can we not?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:25 pm

not my writing day, but posted at least as much so the game can go on. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:49 pm

Technically yes, astral perception would cout as a channel unless the GM ruled otherwise. Simrigs and sim modules interface directly with the brain, which is how all the senses get recorded.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes, Astral transmits - though it's not the same as a Simrig. But with a language skill of 3 you can communicate with reasonable fluency for all social interactions (not just smalltalk) in any non-stressful situation. You may assume that you and Jack have a chat while you're cooking.

If you want to have technical discussions (including anything more than superficial related to magic), then you'll have to roll your language skill.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:46 am

Viking will of course propose kesslan to see them for himself so making two rolls for Memory Alteration
Alter memory
Did not know if you consider the pieces altogether a memory or many separate so rolled more then one roll.
and the drain
Taking only 2 S damage in the first 6 Spells
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm

That sort of depends on what you want to do, and how you want to do it. If you're looking to lodge them as "fading in and out of consciousness," then they'll have to be seperate memories; and seperate rolls. If, instead, you'd like to pretend that he maintained a thread of consciousness; and that the memories are all one forward-linked memory, that he would follow front to back on a timeline, then it's one memory. That would take a higher roll, as the difficulty of formulating "loss of consciousness" is challenging.

I was planning on assigning a Target of 3, assuming that you want to go with the first scenario. This would indicate, based on your rolls, that you succeeded, in general, gloriously.
How many rolls did you make, in total (I'm too lazy at 6:15pm on Friday Evening to count myself)?

You'll need Kesslan's permission to cast it on him, or he may attempt to resist (and it's hostile, and he knows that you did it to him). So let's see that dialogue. Or Kesslan: you can just post an OOC that you approve (or disapprove - as the case may be).
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:44 pm

It's the sort of thing Kess would of really willingly submit to for something 'trivial' as this. Especially from someone he's know less than 24hrs.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Gala wrote:
That sort of depends on what you want to do, and how you want to do it. If you're looking to lodge them as "fading in and out of consciousness," then they'll have to be seperate memories; and seperate rolls. If, instead, you'd like to pretend that he maintained a thread of consciousness; and that the memories are all one forward-linked memory, that he would follow front to back on a timeline, then it's one memory. That would take a higher roll, as the difficulty of formulating "loss of consciousness" is challenging.

I was planning on assigning a Target of 3, assuming that you want to go with the first scenario. This would indicate, based on your rolls, that you succeeded, in general, gloriously.
How many rolls did you make, in total (I'm too lazy at 6:15pm on Friday Evening to count myself)?

You'll need Kesslan's permission to cast it on him, or he may attempt to resist (and it's hostile, and he knows that you did it to him). So let's see that dialogue. Or Kesslan: you can just post an OOC that you approve (or disapprove - as the case may be).
the total is 25, i am just the over the top person
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:55 am

ok wen i have a bit more free time i will make my next post. (Should be later today hopefully)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:10 pm

Kesslan wrote:
It's the sort of thing Kess would of really willingly submit to for something 'trivial' as this. Especially from someone he's know less than 24hrs.

Is it safe to say, Kesslan, that you meant: It's not the sort of thing Kess would willingly submit to?
If so, I think that makes some difference in how Kouryuu will post his next post.

@Kouryuu - note Kesslan's response to this. Also, you didn't answer all of my questions in my last post. Re-read it please, and respond to the rest?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Sorry I was using my phone to write the message at the time and yes, I mean it's not the sort of thing Kess would willingly submit to. Descriptions are one thing but altering some one's memories is a significant risk when it comes to letting some one do as they please with said memories.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:19 am

Gala wrote:
Kesslan wrote:

Is it safe to say, Kesslan, that you meant: It's not the sort of thing Kess would willingly submit to?
If so, I think that makes some difference in how Kouryuu will post his next post.

@Kouryuu - note Kesslan's response to this. Also, you didn't answer all of my questions in my last post. Re-read it please, and respond to the rest?

OK sorry, missed the part about the dialogue. Edited it in the post with Kesslan consulting my ideas -so it does not break timeline. He declined. Sad
and going for the fade in fade out scenario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 8 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 25 ... 43  Next