Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:58 pm

Well you don't exactly 'bring' a tac-net. To have a tac-net everyone must have the software installed and then provide sufficient sensor feeds for it to work (Too few and it either will work at a reduced level or even not at all)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:44 am

Yeah, it's a sophisticated piece of hardware/software requiring a high level of inputs to be useful. And while you all can have those needed inputs, you actually have to get/install/use them before you do have them.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:45 am

well not really. There's lots of ways even a non cybered individual can add sufficient chanels quite easily for a level 1, level 2 gets bit tricky and generally level 3+ takes a lot of effort
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:52 pm

thanks guys and thats a no so here we go Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:46 pm

G when u said what vehicles we had dose that mean my truck too that sounds awesome but is that a fact i dont remember saying that so im hoping we can fudge it 0:) i think it would help a great deal... let me know and ill post after that lata
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:26 am

Sure, that's fine.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:20 am

FYI All: Jagger has requested (and I have accepted) to take over Sieg - formerly Sly Hound's character. I have updated the Game-Thread that Sieg was in the cock-pit. I don't care what the reason, Jagger can post that as/when Sieg is asked (or he can offer it up). Also, since it's an existing character, I have invited him to begin posting immediately.

Jagger: You're live. Post when ready!
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks Gala! I need to read up a little on the recent storyline, but will get a post up asap.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Ok, post is up. I sort of skimmed through the scene, but I didn't want to pause the scene or back up too much.
Its a shortie, but future offerings will be of better quality (why do I want to replace 'offerings' with 'sacrifices'?)
Razz

Also, I was unclear on the landing site's proximity to the warehouse. The previous posts seemed to indicate the concept of coming in undetected, so I assumed our location would be some distance away from the 'city lights' mentioned in Gala's last IC post.
Gala, if my assumption is in error, I will edit.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:13 am

ok so i posted last night got up re-wrote some stuff and rolled some dice while i was at a friends pc hope you all enjoy and i hope to have better and more frequent posting soon, i hope fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 pm

@Jagger: We're probably about 2 miles, as the crow flies, from the Warehouse. A similar distance to the city center, though not in quite the same direction. We are on the outskirts of the city. The field is bordered on one side by a road, not often traveled, and this field has been used once before by the group (hence Sieg is familiar with it).
By road, the distance will be closer to 4 miles. Still not terribly far, but plenty far enough. Even driving slow enough to avoid notice, the group will be able to make the drive in 15-20 minutes, with a stop for coffee and doughnuts. Or, rather, soycaf and pretzels. Or something or other...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 am

Kess way to defuse a situation Smile i will have something later for you guys
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 pm

@Starcraft: Those are some seriously good rolls. But you're premature... The jet landed several miles from our destination. The Magicians (Ashe and Specter) just took off for some astral scouting. They're scouting, not assaulting... Ashe is assuming that you'll all be ready to go once they return.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 am

Ok, Darkon: Specter is up and in the lead. The infiltration roll will apply to the entire duration of the Perception test (use perception, not assensing). In case you're wondering: Infiltration/Stealth are applicable in Astral - though there are situations, from time to time, where the rules are not quite appropriate, it is still intended to be an applicable skill. Ashe's Perception roll, per Group Skill rules, improves your Perception test by 2 dice pool, as she is assisting you. So when you roll perception, roll with 2 extra dice.
Back to top Go down
Starcraft
Runner
Runner
Starcraft

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexia Mooie Vos
Race: Fox Shapeshifter

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

ah drat, then i miss read what was going on.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 10:11 am

No worries; save the rolls for a later post. You'll be using them soon, surely. Just update with a current post.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Gala wrote:
Ok, Darkon: Specter is up and in the lead. The infiltration roll will apply to the entire duration of the Perception test (use perception, not assensing). In case you're wondering: Infiltration/Stealth are applicable in Astral - though there are situations, from time to time, where the rules are not quite appropriate, it is still intended to be an applicable skill. Ashe's Perception roll, per Group Skill rules, improves your Perception test by 2 dice pool, as she is assisting you. So when you roll perception, roll with 2 extra dice.

Should I reroll completely then? Or just roll the two additional dice? And I did use perception, not assensing, which would have given me more dice in the first place. Wink

Edit: I just read the IC post. I did the extended test with Ashes assistance added.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Ok; pending a response from Darkon/Specter, it takes Ashe and Specter a total of 45 minutes, round trip, to return to their bodies (10 minutes there, 25 minutes searching, 10 minutes back). As soon as they're back, Ashe will open the door (setting off LT's alarm) and call to everyone for an update, and to leave.

As GM: I am announcing that Specter will be giving the update.

@Darkon: Memory Test: threshold 1; another threshold 2.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Gala wrote:
Ok; pending a response from Darkon/Specter, it takes Ashe and Specter a total of 45 minutes, round trip, to return to their bodies (10 minutes there, 25 minutes searching, 10 minutes back). As soon as they're back, Ashe will open the door (setting off LT's alarm) and call to everyone for an update, and to leave.

As GM: I am announcing that Specter will be giving the update.

@Darkon: Memory Test: threshold 1; another threshold 2.

Memory roll, one threshold 1 one threshold 2. Log3+Will5=8d (8d6. hits(5)=1, 8d6. hits(5)=7)

One hit on the first test and whooping seven hits on the second. I'm not sure I will finish the IC Post tonight. Was a long day. ... again...
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Nice 2nd. roll D!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:22 am

Great rolls. Not only does Specter remember everything; she found it quite strange that there would be a "night watchman" on duty at a warehouse which has no owner of record; and is listed as unoccupied by the city. Further, while there were no actual signs of an ambush, the presence of the "night watchman" seemed to her to indicate that there almost certainly was something waiting.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Well I seemed to have been confused on what everyone else was doing. I thought that Seig and Viking were being left to guard the jet while the rest left for the warehouse.

I think, however, that my IC post will stand as written.

Gala, if this is not the case then I will edit post haste.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 7:59 pm

@Jagger niiiiice narrative i liked the thought process of seige and that you gave a discription of him i had no. idea that he was a dark elf. any way kudos. ill hit the library Friday or sat and get something up nice i hope lata
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 am

Ha!! Great post Darkon! That's really funny!!

@Kesslan: You can immediately tell that there is more than one living being within the boundaries of the field (the trees are the Astral-Boundary for the field). Several of them are Metahuman in size/shape; and there are two which are slightly smaller than metahuman size (perhaps dog sized).
Despite your acute vision, you're not able to make out any further details (also true of your Assensing test - they are too far, and too grouped). However, Astral-distance being what it is, you estimate them to be approximately 100 meters from your current position. They are not currently coming closer.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 am

I did it and only two minutes left on the library computer hardest part what to write lol but i did it hope you all like it later ill be back tomorrow if theres not too many kids on the library computer ill post up by for now and great stuff guys thank you for giving me something good to read lata G lata everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 19 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 31 ... 43  Next