Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:56 pm

@Kouryuu - need your init.

@Kesslan - you can post based on your perceptions. Your actions will determine whether or not you have a chance for a surprise round.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 am

Vikings Astral INI - 7

OK, will see how it turns out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 am

Gala wrote:
As a side-note: Both you and Ghostmaker succeeded your Surprise checks (interestingly, Ashe did not...). So you two will post your "0th round" actions, I will moderate, and then we'll be at the top of the first round.
In case you're all wondering: I just counted to 0. That's right. Tell that to your Elementary School math classes!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:27 am

LOL math classes suck but are necessary I suppose I have a math learning disability you know how long it took me to learn how to count my change before they handed it too me yeeesh

surprise round for me and kess huh wow niiiiiiiice how far out are they meters wise or feet that would be nice yards i need to know if i should could do so that's my first question and second i still got the thermo bonus right cause they have flashlights is why im asking

Ill put something together soon i gotta take grandma and Aunty to a hospital visit sort of a duty to those who took care of me as a yoouth
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:04 am

You won't know how far they are until the results of your perception test.

Yes, you still have the thermalvision bonus to perception. But you shouldn't write up your post, nor roll anything, until after Kesslan's turn. He goes first.

As a note: when you read that thermal applies a negative, it's because you read what they were communicating wrong. The table shows what the negative to vision is in the case of full-darkness. In that case, the -6 full-darkness perception penalty is reduced to -3 when you're using Thermalvision. I realize that makes it look like a negative, but it's not; it's actually a bonus (-6 unaided becomes -3 with Thermalvision). Since I apply penalties differently than the book does for PBP (and my experience is that most PBP GMs apply penalties the same way I do, for simplicity) then that differential of 3 is applied as a direct perception bonus, when it's helpful (and ignored otherwise). It will only rarely be considered a penalty (there are some exceptions, the most obvious being IR smoke or explosions) though, so when a GM calls you to "add your thermo bonus" as I did; often it's because the situation will be helped by your thermovision mod (in the case of a troll, it's not a mod, it's natural).
- Long-story short: In any game, Thermalvision is always benefit unless otherwise stated by the GM.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:10 am

Wagata(understood) G Sama(Lady G) Very Happy i will apply the bonus and post after kesslen has finished his moves sounds good it will probably be after five for me as i think he works or shcool and i have a hospital visit as i mentioned today so im gone by two pm

so we in the thick of it again huh? lol yaaay!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:19 pm

@Ghostmaker: Ok, you can go now. As I mentioned in my note to Kesslan: the flashlights are obvious. You can try to see a target to attack, based on where the flashlights are coming from with the same perception targets as Kesslan: if you get a 2, you may attack, but apply the Blind Fighting penalty; if you get a 4, you may attack without the Blind Fighting penalty. In both cases, your targets have partial cover. Also, your gun is out and readied, so you don't need to draw it.

@Kesslan: You can move as well for your Surprise round. If you do, how far do you go, considering you're still being stealthy?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Ok so at the very least the cover i think you mentioned cant find it is in the way so that's at least a minus two right i should have like 11 dice then right? i don't too roll over is all trying to get it right the first time let me know there is a lot of + - here so yea
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Well movement I'd assume would be at walking rate if sneaking for the most part. While it's possible it's rather hard to stay silent when running. So I suppose as far as I need to as my walking rate would allow in that brief time unless I get a better vantage.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

@Gala

Should i post or do i wait on the others? - Do we separate the two places?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:34 pm

@Kouryuu: You have to wait.

@Ghostmaker: Are you going to post?
- I looked up partial cover - it's a bonus to defense, so ignore that. Just do what you're going to do, with the perception targets (and penalty, if you're using it) listed in my previous post.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Ok going to the little trolls room for shower then im posting soooo sorry i did not know what to do im on it though ima Hiyaku(Hurry) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Sorry after my post it popped off over here im posting now
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Ok any other actions i take will have to wait for test results I'm around though
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:18 am

OK I re-read your post Gala I need to know how far they are from LT so I can decide attack or what ever... i got stuff today ill do it when i get back...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 am

@Ghostmaker: You have to put what the dice total comes from in your rolls. And for the perception: You need to announce whether it's a free action or a simple action perception check. If it's a free action, then you have to roll it with a -2 penalty (and put it in the description, like everything else). If it's a simple action, you actually get an additional bonus to the roll, but you lose a shot, potentially. And I need you to put all of the other places the dice come from too: int., perc., and bonuses. AND you have to do that for stealth too.
And you have to do that all in the description on IC; so that I know what the roll is for right there in the roll.
Please roll them both again, and put the descriptions in this time.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Sorry last couple days been looking like i found a job and other RL stuff I'm on it editing and apparently rerolling Ill have the edit up soon
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Ok G Sama done! I really hope that's what you were looking for... If it looks weird its because i was wrong twice on that perception roll, make sure your looking at the perception roll last... Link should take you there. First one was wrong, then I had someone come in talking to me so that was wrong, added a smart link. Like for what, then I rolled the proper sad amount lol But I got 2, and then I did the stealth, with all the bells, and whistles. Lastly that was a good roll i like that so I hope i can keep it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey all - thanks for being patient!

@Ghost: That's a rockin' stealth roll!! I've decided that, for this turn only, your stealth roll applies to your shots as well.

Your 2 is not enough to tell exact distances. Your estimate is that they are all coming from a door between 25 and 50 meters away - and that they are all a similar distance right now. You have two choices...

1. You can choose to attack with the "Blind Fighting" penalty. If you have a perk or the Adept Power, that's a -4; otherwise it's a -6 to attack. That can be a fairly large negative - but your dice pool starts out pretty big anyway, so you might actually go for it!
2. You can choose to use a Simple Action to re-attempt to find a suitable target. This would be like "concentrating extra hard" or something. If you do this, you don't have the "distracted" penalty any longer, and you gain the "actively looking" bonus, since you see the light sources already (you got the 2 on the free action, after all). If you do this, don't forget all of your bonuses - you forgot thermovision on your last roll (no, I don't want you rolling again...).

You can go ahead and modify your in-game post when you're ready.

@Kesslan: Ghostmaker's actions are not going to affect your options too much. Because of the distance between you and him, he will be unlikely to choose the same target as you will choose. Go ahead and post your next action (or ask me for whatever information you need to post) while I work out Ghostmaker's stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Well what I'd actually like to do is kinda hope they haven't actually spotted me yet at least as I never turned off the Ruthinium and with the thermal dampening should be invisible to most things.

If possible I'd like to try and turn the tables around and get the drop on at least one of them but failing that I suppose I might as well take a shot. The pistols I have have a built in silencer and electronic firing so it's pretty hard to hear much less pinpoint the sound (Built in silencers have an even bigger penalty to hear than barrel mount ones. If I recall it's only a difference of 1 or 2 dice but still helps.)
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 am

Gala, Guys i have a new payless job well payless now if i work hard there is potential that kind of thing so they through me in the crunch time arena yesterday ill get something up i hope today but i don't want to drop anything on you guys because RL is rough i want something worth reading give me till like six i should have something this is a new thing for me not the game but the job wish me luck
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 am

@Kesslan: Your perception checks were all high enough that you know that they are not displaying any overt knowledge of your location. You're no mental-magician, so whether they actually know or not is basically impossible to tell for you; but you have good reason to believe that they don't know where you are yet, in character. Out of character, you got a surprise round and they didn't...

@Ghostmaker: Congratulations! Good luck on your new job!
6 tonight is fine. I wasted the whole weekend... You losing a few more hours is hardly going to ruin the game!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks G really means a lot... Cool
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:14 am

Congratulations Ghostmaker. Being unemployed sucks. And not in a good way. I hope you get settled in your new job well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 am

Call after Call its like i went from doing nothing to doing everything lol smh BUT as Darkon said being unemployed Sucks i agree and is a far worse fate that said im managing sticking it out in this the beginning Thank you for your kind thoughts and warm wishes lata
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 31 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 43  Next