Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:19 am

Okay, just edit my post with a reaction to the perception results. The post before the wish list.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:52 am

Keep in mind to keep requests reasonable. We have a big, but not unlimited budget. We also have to make said budget last a good while.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:01 am

I edited the Roll into my last post. Just one hit. Wink But Specter is standing behind some trees. I don't know how if that counts as obscuring, which would increase the threshold a little.

Stealth roll defaulting. Int3-1=2d (2d6. hits(5)=1)

As for the wishlist, Specter has everything she needs so far. If anything arises during the run, well, then I guess it can still be organized somehow.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:02 am

Larzarus wrote:
When Sieg come into vision range, Greifer stops the humming for a moment, feeling how this Cybersystem running wild, want him to jump to the ground and ready his weapon. But he controlled the reflexes, remembering the face of the new one. Finally something to do, he stand up and greets Sieg with a hand wave.

Ah yes, the silent one. Helmchen or Helm, whatever name you like. Tea? Don't waiting for an answer, Greifer get a second cup out of the Van.

What kind of tea is it?

Viking is just crazy for fermented Hot Water, as am I.

Waiting for the right moment to post IC, when I can be of interest, the on the run theme is made clear, even thou with a small lesson for me [Mages and their astral vision Sad ]
in need of some masking.

P.s. Comlink upgrade and trodes - Quality Idea, the Firewall alone is worth it so we do not get them hacked in the run. But the only things my character could really be interested is Foci, and they are way over 15k, so i am pretty sure they would not be bought for me, thou might hope for Ashes old ones Twisted Evil if they get to a Magic shop, or decide to use my Contact.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:30 am

I think it will be a green tea from the Ryokan, with a little shot of sake.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:40 am

Larzarus wrote:
I think it will be a green tea from the Ryokan, with a little shot of sake.

Green tea good,
the shot sake not so. tongue

That means Viking Smells a bit of it, makes a disgusted face and turns the other way.

When there is something that Viking loves more then tea, it's home made tea.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:37 am

Well, as long as Viking is prone, on the ground, and Greifer is hanging out on the edge of the field, Viking doesn't actually smell anything at all. AND, as soon as Viking is curious enough to approach them, even with the Invisibility spell on, Greifer gets a new Perception roll to attempt to see Viking (and with Radar, once Viking is standing, it's a virtual certainty).
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Gala wrote:
Well, as long as Viking is prone, on the ground, and Greifer is hanging out on the edge of the field, Viking doesn't actually smell anything at all. AND, as soon as Viking is curious enough to approach them, even with the Invisibility spell on, Greifer gets a new Perception roll to attempt to see Viking (and with Radar, once Viking is standing, it's a virtual certainty).

no sake tea would get Viking up and going there, if he had some tea without Sake on the other hand Viking might let the invisibility go just to have a cup,
he did it just as a habit, no real necessity for it when he has a team or at least people who are not hostile,
note he did the invis. before going out on the field 500m from it, not sure who was faster there from us I took a cab at the sunrise to the location but went on foot the last km, but as I did clean the room for the whole night he is getting some shuteye at the moment.

Not sure if you noted but his Armour has thermal dempning R4 addon so there should not be much to see, at least on the heat sensors Twisted Evil .
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't know if you can found Matcha anymore in Japan in 2070. If your character likes old traditional tea, he will love Matcha. You only find it in Japan nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:18 pm

This little intermezzo with Gala, LT, Kesslan and Ghost shouldn't stop the rest of us have a little smalltalk on the empty field.

@Gala: Did Greifer got a replay from Pretschlov by now?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Have somthing up tomorrow before to late promise
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 11:12 am

Sly Hound wrote:
(OOC Does Greiger know Sieg is awakened?)

Since Greifer hasn't Astral Perception he don't know it, but I don't know if Sieg know that Greifer don't know.

And in from the RP view: Why should he suspects it? Only 1% of the world is awakened.

--------
How comes that so many awakened characters are around?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 12:39 pm

The percentage of awakened has actually creeped up a little. I think it's closer to around %5 in 2072. It's definitely over 1% as with adepts alone there are new 'types' that are now recognized that were not before (Social and tech based adepts for starters)
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:04 pm

Kesslan wrote:
The percentage of awakened has actually creeped up a little. I think it's closer to around %5 in 2072. It's definitely over 1% as with adepts alone there are new 'types' that are now recognized that were not before (Social and tech based adepts for starters)

But how comes they where not recognised astrally?
or where they just taken with a whole bunch of mundane's
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:20 pm

Because A) there are still considerably more mundanes than awakened so some got overlooked because no one was around to bother checking out their aura. B) Not all awakened can perceive the astral. C) Even if some one happened to glance at them in the astral, unless the person in question was actively casting it wouldn't instantly point to them being awakened. You have to actually directly assense some one's aura to tell that unless the person your looking at is actually actively casting etc.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Because A) there are still considerably more mundanes than awakened so some got overlooked because no one was around to bother checking out their aura. B) Not all awakened can perceive the astral. C) Even if some one happened to glance at them in the astral, unless the person in question was actively casting it wouldn't instantly point to them being awakened. You have to actually directly assense some one's aura to tell that unless the person your looking at is actually actively casting etc.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Right so i finally found a decent picture to represente Sieg...so had a Aces Line jacket on this guy and you got it Razz

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 Michael_Thorton__in_action_by_Brenze
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:40 am

@Larz: Don't be afraid to remind me when I might be forgetting stuff. This is a fairly involved run and there are a lot of things to keep track of in it.
Yes, he got back to you. He is fine with the payment. He notifies you that you're "square" with the money, but that you still owe him BIG for coming through for you.
He also says that he did find "mention" of a similar offer. It went out to Fixers several weeks ago looking for top-of-the-line runners for a big gig. Pay was inordinate. He can't find the actual offer anywhere, and there are strange places where his tracks disappear; like the hackers you mentioned were covering the offer's tracks as well as the runners. But there's still some chatter out there.
He considers this a favor, as it's quite curious, and doesn't need you to pay him. But you will owe him a second favor for doing this.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:49 pm

@Gala: Yeah, there was the question about Eleanor and if Greifer knows or suspects that she is an AI? And there is also Greifer's 'little' wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:38 am

Eleanor has not responded yet. There is no way for any of you to know that she is an AI yet. You can suspect anything you like, as suspicions are subjective and I don't get to have a say in the matter; but there isn't really any reason for you to have that suspicion, that I can see. In fact, there is no real reason for you even to suspect that she is a hacker, let alone an AI. Mostly because at the moment she is just the voice on the other end of the comm. In fact, given what technology can do, there isn't really any compelling evidence that she is female. She could be a male using a voice modulator. And Greifer knows all of this. Until you meet the person to whom the voice belongs, it is impossible to know anything at all about that person.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:29 am

Ok, while we're waiting for Ashe, Kesslan, and LT to catch up to the "rest of the group", I am going to run a small competition. Just for kicks, and for some potential Karma, let's do this in-character.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:34 am

Gala wrote:
Ok, while we're waiting for Ashe, Kesslan, and LT to catch up to the "rest of the group", I am going to run a small competition. Just for kicks, and for some potential Karma, let's do this in-character.

Miss, you have awaken my interest. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 11:48 am

Oh... Shux... That wasn't my intent at all! Wink
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Gala wrote:
Oh... Shux... That wasn't my intent at all! Wink

Gala wrote:
All: Will(3) test. Viking: your Willpower test is 5.

Mmm.....
Special treatment Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeah; you're closer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next