Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+14
Larzarus
Suspect
outpost_2
Sureal
rcoverdale
Dura
Line
Gala
FireSeraph
Kesslan
wngd_phantom
Mirikon
Ghostmaker
Havick1988
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Darkon wrote:
It is also a great opportunity to get used to 3th edition combat rules. Wink

I will wait with my perception roll until it is my turn then.

Aren't we using the 4th?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Yes, yes we are. My apologies. I meant 4th edition of course.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Darkon wrote:
Very Happy don't scare me like that, I have never played 3rd so i would have to get me a book and read it, and I absolutely have no time for that right now.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 3:59 pm

usually you see much better in the dark when you don't have your flashlight directly with you.
So made my move any difference w.r.t. my perception test or other trying to find me?
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:12 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Darkon wrote:
Very Happy don't scare me like that, I have never played 3rd so i would have to get me a book and read it, and I absolutely have no time for that right now.

Darkon, i predict that we will not be the winners today/this game.

@Gala
Is the Light sphere in the centre still there?
You won't be disqualified if you went there?
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Darkon wrote:

Darkon, i predict that we will not be the winners today/this game.

@Gala
Is the Light sphere in the centre still there?
You won't be disqualified if you went there?

dont sell yourself short...the restriction on powers and upgrades dont give us more then a dice or 2 over you non fighter type.....and for tactical point of view it seems they also make them unexishtent...so its gonna be played with the luck on the dice
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:29 pm

Sly Hound wrote:
dont sell yourself short...the restriction on powers and upgrades dont give us more then a dice or 2 over you non fighter type.....and for tactical point of view it seems they also make them unexishtent...so its gonna be played with the luck on the dice

You will have to do a critical glitch for me to get your location.
Your infiltration threshold is more dice then my whole dice pool. no way to see you coming.
in this case you mean twice my dice pool is not that big of a disadvantage right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 pm

You got a percept dice pool under 2?
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:56 pm

I strongly suspect that you will be seen from everywhere, if you stay in the light spere and on the other hand can't see anything outside of the light. Like looking outside of your brightly lit home at night.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Larzarus wrote:
I strongly suspect that you will be seen from everywhere, if you stay in the light spere and on the other hand can't see anything outside of the light. Like looking outside of your brightly lit home at night.

To be honest my tactic right now is agro as much of you guy as possible then dodge and slip away so you take out each other and I sweep whats remaining
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Sly Hound wrote:
You got a percept dice pool under 2?
Defaulting with intuition of 3 [my first choice of perception is astra]l

And for infiltration imp. invis + chameleon suit - both forbiden ATM

I am feeling like big illuminated target

@Lazarus

As my perception is not as good as the most of others The light is my only option, to see you coming no noise, no visual is going to warn me either way.
My char is just not build to work without his Magic or spirits, that was the Concept from the beginning.
No infiltration skill to speak of. I cant hide in the dark, then there I would have a greater disadvantage in the light i would at least have a levelled playing field in these aspects.
Back to top Go down
Larzarus
Runner
Runner
Larzarus

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Kouryuu.LV wrote:

As my perception is not as good as the most of others The light is my only option, to see you coming no noise, no visual is going to warn me either way.
My char is just not build to work without his Magic or spirits, that was the Concept from the beginning.
No infiltration skill to speak of. I cant hide in the dark, then there I would have a greater disadvantage in the light i would at least have a levelled playing field in these aspects.

Yeah, it depends on how bright this light spere is. I don't know how it is with the SR rules here but if everything around is dark like in a night with cloudy moon and some stars and the light spere is something like a street lamp, I strongly assume you will be blind for everything around the spere.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Larzarus wrote:
Yeah, it depends on how bright this light spere is. I don't know how it is with the SR rules here but if everything around is dark like in a night with cloudy moon and some stars and the light spere is something like a street lamp, I strongly assume you will be blind for everything around the spere.
So far as I understood it it is more like the moon, so there is light but it's not that bright.
but this is one Q we have put to the GM
Gala What do you say, what kind of an object is the sphere?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:09 pm

The malus is -2. So it won't be too dark. But dark enough to be a hindrance. Twilight, if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:34 pm

Gala wrote:
Well, since Kap got a 3 on his Infiltration, you would have to be able to find him. And you can't do that without using your light to actively hunt him, and since the exercise hasn't started yet, you can't hunt him yet. So, that was a long-winded version of "no". That's not a suitable position.
I am working on the assumption that you all managed to end up equally spaced about the play area. You will be starting roughly a little more than 100 meters from your two nearest teammates (turned "opponent" in this exercise).

[EDIT] And at a dead sprint, without improved reflexes, you all can cross just about half that distance in one turn. So, it will take you approximately 1 turn to get close enough to even start looking for someone.
That said: I used "Scatter" rules to determine your actual locations, so you could be anywhere from 25 meters to 150 meters from your nearest competitor. And since you're all trying to be sneaky when you find your starting locations, you have no way to determine that until you start looking.

So if my mathematics is not too rusty that would make the cirlce around 500 m on the boarder line and that means around 80m for the radius = distance fron the starting point, +/- modifers from scatter.

Not sure if memory test is a free or simple action , but any others actions ar on hold, so i can use Full dodge if needed, but most likly will get suprised.
so this is the end of the First CT right
the next ini is 6 + Critical glitch lol!

@Gala I Waiting for something good if the glitches in ini are RPed
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:43 am

You don't re-roll Initiative. The radius of the circle is 100 meters, but most people wouldn't go all the way to the end. So your guestimates are probably pretty close.

[EDIT]And yes: Memory tests are free actions.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 4:41 am

With my 2 hits on my perception test does that mean i spot everyone but Kap?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 6:57 am

No, perception needs to also take in to account distance and obstacles. I will tell you all what you see when I write the mid-stream GM post.
Back to top Go down
Sly Hound
Team Leader
Team Leader
Sly Hound

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 8:23 am

My last post was this round action right?...or do i get my +2 iniative pass from my rank 2 improved reflex? *is confused*
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 am

You readied your action; that has to be resolved before the end of the Initiative Round. When you posted up your perception/etc. that indicated to me that you were resolving your readied action.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am

Gala wrote:
@Viking: OOC: I like the tactic. You'll have to supplement that with an additional stealth roll, as that requires subterfuge. Do another Infiltration roll, specific for this purpose, to see how successful your ruse was.

You never gave the vision/shooting range for our flash-light weapons, hope Sieg has not the sniper edition Twisted Evil

The stealth roll as part of the next CT moving, as the moving or as a free/simple action?
Or is it in retrospective for the last CT?

Also What is about the light source in the centre? Range, brightness and size?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:06 am

You're right.

Vision limitations for the light extends out to about 35 meters of useful light. The light itself extends quite a bit further than that, but it becomes less useful the further out it goes.
"Shooting" range, due to obstructions and moving targets, is limited to about 25 meters, except in the central area, where it increases to about 35 meters. Beyond that, your "unmodified" vision is not acute enough to be able to really tell if your "shot" was successful.

Stealth roll can be edited in to your last post. It is a "part" of the action which you have already posted for that turn.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

All, please note the update in the rules. Thank your Kouryuu for pointing it out. +1 Karma for Honesty.

Quote :
For those of you who don't know how to play "POW": It is a war game. The following are the rules:

1. Your flashlight must remain on at all times.
[EDIT] It must also be in your possession at all times.
2. You are "Tagged" if someone successfully illuminates you with their flashlight. (This would take a ranged-weapon + Agility (3) test: Firearms, pistols, specialty, thrown weapons, archery)
3. You are allowed to do anything within your power to avoid being "Tagged", including running away, hiding behind trees, dodging, ducking, rolling, etc.
4. Winner is "Last Person Standing"
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 am

Gala wrote:
Stealth roll can be edited in to your last post. It is a "part" of the action which you have already posted for that turn.

Now I am really screwed

Edit:
So Boys and Girls, life teaches us that the as it gives you something it will defiantly take something as well.

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am

Are you suggesting that I punish you by NOT giving you the Karma bonus above?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next