Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School (OOC)

Go down 
+2
Kesslan
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Yesss! Very Happy

Welcome back, DigiDoom (I'm still not sure what nickname to go with Razz). So where we at for this game? Can I get the info on the blood magic complaint?

Also, are you gonna stop by in chat? We've managed to create quite the population for the chat, with me, Bear, Book, outpost, Boom, LordArcana, Vanya, Eagle, and more on their a lot. We'd love to have our fearless leader drop by. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Here's where i thinks we at:

1. We need to either split up and meet back when were ready or just go somewhere together.

2. We need to get you that drone dana

3. Then we can hit'em hard.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 01, 2010 10:23 pm

Yeah, sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySun May 02, 2010 6:52 am

Come on DD, we'll always be patient with you!
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 07, 2010 6:02 am

I appreciate the patience.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyMon May 10, 2010 5:55 pm

hey cant you take a picture with your com or is that an add on i forget.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 8:03 am

I can't find individual confirmation of this in the books, but I have actually been reviewing this myself for other reasons. I have come to the assumption, and put into practice in my games, that each commlink has AT LEAST the same functionality as a cellphone does today. Which means: All of them have minimal sound recording, video recording, sound projecting, and picture taking functionality. That said, I have also continued on the assumption of current technology: That is that all of the technology employed in BASIC commlink models are basically garbage, and that they serve their entirely minimalistic functions.
That said, with great programming, even moderate technology can produce quite impressive results.

I repeat: I cannot find confirmation of this in any of the texts (although, I would ask that other's weigh in a bit on this, since someone else may be more familiar with where to find it than I am). However, there is no reason for a commlink to be unable to do sound AND video recording, in at least their minimally technologically capable fashions.
DD will have to agree for that to be true of his campaign.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 11:30 am

SR4A actually gives a breakdown of what a comlink has.

Music Player
Micro-Trid/Holo Projector/"Touch Screen Display" (They don't specify the size but you can imagine it wont be terribly big. Perhaps the size of a current day netbook for the higher end models)
Camcorder (Probably on par with the sort of video quality you'd get out of a low to mid range digital camera)
Microphone
Image/Text Scanner
RFID tag reader
GPS (Requires other comlinks or nodes around to help triangulate it's position, or perhaps an exterior satellite linkup)
Roll-up velcro fastening keyboard
Chip player
Credstick Reader
Retractable Earbuds
Voice-Access control
Shock/Water resistant case
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 11, 2010 4:09 pm

thanks kess and Gala i could not find it but i thought i read it camcorder perfect.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:28 am

Kess, what page?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyWed May 12, 2010 7:41 am

p. 327-328, SR4A
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:01 am

So yeah we'll need a plan to go at this. Sentinel won't be much use against magical security due to a mix of average willpower and low charisma, but he'd probably be pretty decent against any physical security, and there always is going to be physical security. On the whole though I gotta say if we hit heavy magical security (spirits and such) this group is very ill suited for dealing with it.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Jack is moderately prepared as a purely magical defense... but only moderately. She is far from a "standard" mage build, in any sense.

So I agree with Kesslan, we need a plan, and a cut-and-run plan.
Calling in the Draco foundation will work wonders if we can prove a blood magician is on site. Otherwise we have to take care of this ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Well, this is a bit problematic. I had been hoping our magicians would have the magic aspect covered... Neutral

I really don't think calling in the Draco Foundation will work. Even if they do come in they're going to secure the place and keep anyone else out which means we won't be able to get the book. It's just a bad plan.

If we want to play it safe we can wait until night time when the office is empty and go in then. If we can find out info about who works there we might be able to bribe security, although that can get expensive.

Otherwise our original plan was solid, if a bit dangerous. Have the heavy hitters go in through the first floor and make a distraction while the others go in through the roof by way of an adjacent building and snatch the book during the confusion.

Any objections to the original plan?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:52 pm

We can at least try the original plan. Gonna have to work quick to try and take out anyone that might be a mage though.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:38 pm

WHat ever you all want sounds good to me. I can run the game any way you want this to go....
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:15 am

Ok, I'm good for the original plan. If blood spills, the someone will have to mop the floor...
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:33 am

Ok well if were going to go for the original plan then I'll go along with it. I expect a group like ours to get slaughtered by and large regardless if the defences are even half as awakened as they seem.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 9:41 am

Yep... It would take an entire group of awakened, and carefully trained magicians to manage the kind of threat that we seem to be up against. That said, a slaughtered group just means we get to create new characters!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 6:50 pm

LOL! (gala's funny) come on i think if we use are heads we can pull this off just gotta go by the numbers lol i think we can do it if we stick to the plan. but then again im a dreamer and the dice are not kind lol.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:00 pm

yeah well I'm not particularly attached to this one so we might as well! Razz

This character was no more than an experiment in what kind of stuff I can get in standard CG. I was actually pretty happy with it on the whole build wise, or should say am happy enough. Anyway so we gonna do this lethal or non? And then try to sneak in or not. I'm thinking sneaking wont get far if they have anyone watching astral. I can hide from thermal and other visual easily enough but not ultrasound or astral. If we go non lethal I gotta either shoot people in the legs or over their heads and keep em ducking cause I don have any gel or stick-n-shock rounds.

I can also lay down a fair bit of smoke for cover if things go bad. I've got 6 thermal smoke grenades and an equal number of flashbangs.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:38 pm

I'm sorry, but I kinda like this character. If drek hits the fan and things look to be impossibly bad, I'm hittin it. Sorry, but no way am I letting this character die.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:52 am

Yeah, well, let's just say that Jack is unafraid... But she also isn't on particularly good terms with Murphy. So, let's do it!

I am also fond of this character. It was a lot of fun to put together, and the concept is one that I will likely re-use. I like it!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:54 am

Right so what exactly are we going to do and who's doing what?

If I recall correctly part of the plan was for me and one or two tohers to go through the front door and create a distraction or did that change?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:14 pm

You know, if the character dies you can still reuse him in another game. No one is gonna follow you around making sure you comply with character deaths...

And yeah, the plan was for Kess and Dark to go in the bottom while Gala, Dura, and Ghost go in the top of the building from the adjacent roof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School (OOC)
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next