Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School (OOC)

Go down 
+2
Kesslan
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Knowledge is Power.

People always covet power, and thus knowledge.

Then explain to me Politicians.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:39 pm

Roaring Bear wrote:
Kesslan wrote:
Knowledge is Power.

People always covet power, and thus knowledge.

Then explain to me Politicians.

People do not always know what they think they know.

Also I did not define what knowledge they had garnered. Sometimes the knowledge is simply how to play the crowd to your personal benefit.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 am

And, of course, by "sometimes" you mean "very frequently"

Last edited by Gala on Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: of corse....   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 am

And the most powerful one on any RPG is the GM. and in this forum it is the Webmaster.... also your GM... lol

I never do abuse that power. I only kill players if they truly die in game. I have only cheated die rolls to keep them alive. Of corse my players here think I cheat them all the time. I can be hard at times... lol.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: bear.......   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 9:55 am

I loved your quote bear... Duct tape is the best to fix most problems. We just call it 100mph tape and have it in OD Green or ACU pattern.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am

Um, Gala, I'm pretty sure Mr. Jay left already. He said he was leaving if no one asked him anything else, and no one asked him anything else...

Did he, DD? If he didn't, I want to wait until he did before discussing who is backing the 3F Research Group. I only posted it because I assumed he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:18 am

Well, there was no post specifically stating it. However, I'm happy to edit my post. But whether he left or not is almost entirely irrelevant; chances are he bugged the spot anyway, ESPECIALLY is he is Aztech...
Just one of those things... If the GM doesn't say that he left, then I will always assume that he hasn't yet left.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 am

Well, he said "Now, if you don't have any more questions, I have other jobs to get started. If that is all, then please excuse me..."

That means he's like, getting up from his chair, glancing around to see if anyone has any last minute interruption...

And then we kept playing for 3 more pages. There's no way he just hung around for that long with no one talking to him after he excused himself. The bugging thing is possible though.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:45 am

Again, DD did post between then and now, and in none of those posts did he mention that Mr. Jay had actually left. To me, that means he is still there. Never assume anything in SR, it will bite you every time. That being said, putting your toe in the puddle is ALWAYS more fun than staying dry, if somewhat less comfortable. So, if for no other reason than entertainment, we should strive for making mistakes, cause they are way more fun than perfection.

And, the three pages of strategy probably took less than 15 minutes. Relative to analyzing the data that he gave us, that is a fairly short amount of time, and it is perfectly acceptable to expect him to have stayed for 15 minutes for us to give him the "go ahead" to leave.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I thought the J had left when we started going in depth with the details. Otherwise, we wouldn't be planning this much yet.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 am

Just to pipe in on this, my own impression was that the J had left quite a few posts back.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School (ooc)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 am

yeah i thought Mr. J left too.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Sorry folks, my internet has been really hit or miss, i will get this caught up soon. I am reading the posts and will be able to get back to gaming by tomorrow.. Sorry, the internet here sucks...
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: to answer the question   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Yes Mr. Jay had left a while ago. The white noise generator is built into the table of the booth. It is a common feature at all booths in The Purple Dino.

Sorry if there was any confusion.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 2:36 am

Ok, I edited my post. Now it's more quizzical, so someone should probably give her a funky look and ask her what in the drek she is talking about (unless the know, of course).
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:10 am

To all in this run... My internet has been very hit and miss the last few days, making it difficult to get on and check posts daily. I will continue to try and post daily, (I usually can but the last few days it's gone down at times) so it might not be possable.

I appoligize for this now, I can tell you the internet here does suck, but it is nice to have it. Last time I was here, there wasn't even an option for this.

now, back to the game...
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:26 am

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. You're doing great. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:40 pm

So, what are we all doing next? checking on plates, chips, vehicles, ect???
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School (ooc)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm

had my kid all weekend so ill post tomorrow wicked tired right now.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 11:29 am

Yeah, I am kinda wondering what we are doing next as well... Strategy... Gearing Up... and Rushing in, right?
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am

Ok, so you guys want to go in quiet burglery style and not loud robbery style, so what next? get gear?, transportation?, or scout the place asturaly, physicly, or in the matrix?

what's going on?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:37 pm

This oddly reminds me of just how many runs around here seem to just fall appart or slow down the moment people have to actually plan anything.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:44 pm

Actually, I think we have the planning done! It's just a matter of moving up and getting going. The problem is that (I think anyway) no one wants to say 'okay we're done planning' in case something was missed or someone else has an idea. But yeah, it looks like we're all planned up and ready to go. Just gotta decide when we're doing this and then go get the stuff we need.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm not sure we really need anything extra for the job really, except maybe climbing gear for those going in via the roof
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I know I'm ready. Just give the word...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School (OOC)
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next