Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School (OOC)

Go down 
+2
Kesslan
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:05 pm

I know, I just really hate it when my character dies. It's a sad event, especially this one since I like him so much.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh quit being a baby. It's okay for characters to die, you just gotta make sure it's as SPECTACULAR as possible!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:16 pm

Dura wrote:
Oh quit being a baby. It's okay for characters to die, you just gotta make sure it's as SPECTACULAR as possible!!! drunken

Not only that but I think this group has enough explosives experts in it to make sure such a death makes one hell of a bang! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm with you kess and dura i love the colors lol great. i made this character after watching a special on history channel about army sapper leaders. That said ill die if need be just not needlessly. I say ill die because i feel connected to each of my characters in a different way each. And i feel i lose a little of myself (nothing dangerous lol) when they die i put a bit into it so when they go i don't bring them back. So kess if we go we're taking a lot of them with us in that bang. I would calculate a boom more likely lol Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:14 pm

I prefer to kill charactors as spectacularly as possible. I don't like to kill players off needlessly. In fact I have reserected a player because of how he died. It made things better than worse. I am all about the story.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:35 pm

im with DD the story is everything.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:12 am

So then let's designate some one to call the shots and get this game going again.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:11 pm

Ill go with who ever you guys decide is good. i was having a good time i like this story so whoever you want to lead the mission ill go with.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

There, jumped the gun. Start doing things people.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:37 am

Yep, you jumped the gun, and now we're all committed... This really IS running it old school! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:06 am

Gala i think all i have is repelling gloves on my sheet. That was character gen. I think i wrote some where that we stopped for rope or wire. With DD's approval we can say i brought some harnesses. but i don't think i wrote that. That said the character was built in such a way that even with out the gear i can take some of the rope and tie us together he's a pretty competent knot maker.

I'v seen military guys tie rope to themselves(no harnesses per say), and repel. Once even repelling with a simulated injured person on there shoulders. More over iv seen a military guy slide down a rope, upside down, while waving a pistol as if shooting at some one, all while he was spinning it was amazing. I should probably mention that that guy was teacher of the military class. (i know neither here nor there)

I say this because that sapper leader training documentary is where i got the foundation of my character. So no worrys on the harness if need be ill make us some on the spot harnesses k.

Ill make my post after we hear back from DD who probably knows exactly what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 am

Yeah, I was on the climbing team in highschool. We did all sorts of stuff with ropes in the place of harnesses, sort of rehearsing the "just in case" stuff that you need to know. Like, if your harness breaks, or some "cliff-side first aid" sort of stuff. So yeah, impromptu harnesses are totally game, as long as your character can make one (which any creative character could. As long as it's you holding the girls up, it shouldn't be that hard to bear the load.

I am not sure what's going on with DD's computer, but I can feel somewhat comfortable stating that you can go ahead and make impromptu harnesses with rope as long as your character has the appropriate skills. Since we are under pressure, you can't "take your time" with the setup, which means you have to do some rolling. I can't comment on what his success threshhold is, but if you put together your post, do the rolling, and send it out, he can let us know if you succeeded or not...

There are lots of effective ways of holding up someone who doesn't need to be able to move too much while being suspended... so that shouldn't be too hard, in itself.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 pm

the no harnes is called a Swiss seat. It's not comfortable at all, but it gets the job done.

I will assume that you got harnesses...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (Ooc)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:09 pm

sorry dd made them already hope they work or ill edit post if you wish up to you
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:35 pm

No worries: Zee 'n Jack will just be rubbin' their heinys when we land. It's all good!

Jack got super over-kill on the spell test, so lifting the whole group is no problem at all, and we can move across the street pretty quick. I am not sure what the distance between the two buildings is, but we go about 6 meters per second. DD will let us know how long it took... but it won't be too long. We move just about the same speed as an average human running.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School (Ooc)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:59 pm

sweet role G I just read that. OH! DD i did not say thank you for clearing up what i was so desperately trying to give a description of. i will probably be asking you more stuff lol. As i have never been in the military but the character has. so thanks dude
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:13 am

Yeah man, it worked out... luckily! We flew! And Zee, hopefully, will be no worse the wear for it!

Speaking of Zee... Dura, you still out there? I know you're home from college and stuff, but the game goes on, right?
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:42 am

Yup, just got back to college, been unpacking in the new apartment. Woohoo. Anyway, time to get back into the ol' SR.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am

Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Ok, who is still active in this?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm still cooling my heels in the back of the van as there's still been zero reaction to buddy speeding his van right up in front of the building. So I have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:59 am

Ok. That makes you, me and Ghost. I am comfortable leading this through the action in DD's absence, and I doubt he will be particularly upset by my taking over for him. You two want that, or should we let the run sit on ice and wait for him?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 am

Although first and for most i consider you to be good GM, Gala. I think I'm going to wait for DD should na be to long before he's back.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:28 am

Not a problem; just offering to keep this moving forward. I hate stalled runs as much as the next girl.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am

I feel you and i cant front i want to move on but i got other stuff to do too now so you know ill wait
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School (OOC)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next