Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School (OOC)

Go down 
+2
Kesslan
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Running it old school (Ooc)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:12 pm

yeah iv got gear might need rope or wire unless that comes with gear assumed it was harness but iv got the gear.
also im ready to go! might need to order some gel rounds and i suggest if everybody wants this to be no fatality. we procure. More gel rounds that is.

on another note i love that laughing man icon dark wolf im soooo jealous ghost in the shell is one of my favorites of all time
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:02 pm

While the system doesn't really support it, our GM may allow us to use lethal rounds to disable opponents rather than kill them. Just shoot them in the knees etc. Some of em may bleed out but such are the risks of going that route.

Realistically speaking though most would likely survive.

Gel rounds and stick'n shock should be pretty easy to get though maybe not in the time we have. That said my only personal non lethal things are flash bangs. Everything else is liable to kill people, so if we don't want to get anyone killed I'll likely just go the route of aiming to wound/disable rather than kill. Don't think I've got the cash to buy gel rounds at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

I do allow disabling shots. Most GM's that I know do. It is a called shot, so a modified to hit shot. If successful, you disable the person instead of killing right then and there.

Unfortunately, if you blow someones knees out, they may have the will to continue fighting from the ground...
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Another choice, of course, is to use the team members with guns to keep the gun-bearing enemies busy. That gives the ... more manual ... team members the opportunity to get within range. It is easy to withhold a kill when dealing with unarmed combat. As long as you don't have to worry about getting shot while getting close...
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm actually better close range. Let's just get to the run and see what hell we raise...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:33 pm

I am ALL for hell raising! Let's Git 'Er Dun!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:55 pm

Oh yeah, I can do a pretty decent job with suppressive fire I'm sure. Most people keep their heads down when your firing a machine gun at them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:57 pm

I wouldn't. I'd just charge ya and hope my armor and body will soak the damage.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:02 pm

Darkwolf wrote:
I wouldn't. I'd just charge ya and hope my armor and body will soak the damage.

That is a very risky move in SR. You also have to take range into consideration. You may not make it to your target in a single combat turn and the enemy could get several passes of firing at you in the process. Then there's the potential issue of having to dodge a spread rather than a tight grouping (Gives you a negative to your defense pool).

Charging right on in is a good way to get geeked in most situations. Your far better off trying to sneak in close or advance while your team is providing cover.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:03 pm

A troll sneaking. Are you fraken kidding me?

Edit: Can a bulldog van hold a workshop in it?
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Darkwolf wrote:
A troll sneaking. Are you fraken kidding me?

Not one bit. A troll can sneak just fine. Not quite as well as other races due to a lower agility cap but they can still sneak. Especially if their using optical and thermal camouflage.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 pm

AND: Let's not forget the extreme bonus a troll gets to it's sneak checks when the enemy is hiding behind an up-ended table, pissing himself about the supression fire roaring over his head. It makes it a little easier for the troll to score a success or two over his perception roll... not to mention, it's tough to hear a drunk medeival knight in full plate armor stumbling across a hollow steel floor over the sound of a full-auto suppression fire. A troll in combat boots is essentially soundless in that circumstance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Darkwolf wrote:
Edit: Can a bulldog van hold a workshop in it?

They do have the capacity to do so yes, though it heavily eats into how much else you can fit into the van.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 7:55 pm

On the troll sneaking aspect..

Right out of character generation, with no augmentation of any sort, be it magical or technological, a troll can still toss out up to 11 dice on an infiltration test (IE Sneaking around). Add in cybernetics or magic and that can go as high as 16 dice or so. technically as high as 18+ with improved attribute and aptitude qualities.

So yeah, a Troll can, in fact, be incredibly sneaky even without things like thermal dampening and ruthenium polymer coating.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:54 am

Just a heads up folks but I'll be heading out of town in a few hours and won't be back till likely Monday.

I may manage a post or two while I'm gone however though I have no idea what my internet access will be like (And may be limited to just my phone, in which case I wont be able to do much in the way of posting)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:02 am

So what's going on, we still at it here?
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 am

im still in...
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:52 pm

Sorry, I am still having internet issues. I will also be going offline due to a re-mobe and a class the army is sending me to starting next week sometime. I may be able to log in and keep playing a little, but I am not sure.

I could be offline for up to a month, and it just might kill me... :-(

I definatly will miss my matrix...
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

You should get someone to run the place in your absence.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:06 pm

From DD: "Where are we driving to?" ... etc.

I believe we are driving to the neighborhood of the target, where we will be doing some on-hand recon. Jack is in the front passenger seat of the van, already. I don't believe anyone else has announced their actual car choice yet, except the troll...
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 1:35 pm

From what I can tell, here's the loadout:

Van: Sentinel, Bear, Jack
Car: Mamba, Zee

With Bear and Mamba driving, I figure. Mamba needs to make a stop to pick up some stuff.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Ok, where are the victors (autos) going? Where are you wanting to stop Mombo?
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Well, I'm not going anywhere yet. The van'll be too obvious. Zee'll have to scout the place out with the car. I'll just park in a random parking lot 4 or 5 blocks away from the target.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:18 pm

ok need to pic up rappelling cord, and some gear from the apartment, as well as taking a look around the area. oh i should do that in game.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Announcement   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm sure you all saw my announcement about me starting the going home process. We just found out that it means no internet for upwards of one month with the exception of a few days here and there.

I just want to thank you all for the wonderful writing you have been doing so far. We have a tallented bunch of runners, not only here but on this site in general. I do plan on coming back as soon as possible, my site has been around since 2003, and continue the story that we have started. I hope you all stay active, and that you all join me back in this story when I get home.

Thank you for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School (OOC)   Running it Old School (OOC) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School (OOC)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next