Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School - Page 5 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School

Go down 
+2
Dr_Cynic
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

Running it Old School - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

The more drawn out explanation Mamba offered was received by Zee with an expression of concentration as she attempted to decipher his point. "Yeah, no, totally. I get ya. And yeah, I'll definitely be there to monitor communications and hack their network. I was just confused because you said it was a problem. I don't see a problem." She turned to look at both Sentinel and Mamba at the same time. "Sounds like a good plan to me!"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

With that misunderstanding out of the way mamba breathed a sigh of relief. "Now he said we need an exit strategy that accounts for police or we need to take the police out of the equation. Which brings me back to my other question. Is this a Robbery which means we hit hard and let god sort'em out or we staying on theft side of things. No one gets hurt if they don't want too. we shoot to keep there heads down at best. whats it gonna be...."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I think we should keep body count low. If no one dead, police won't look as hard for us. <And the less heat the better.> He nodded his head. So, we good with plan? I think sooner we get done, the better.

OOC: <> is in Sioux.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:05 pm

"Burglary it is then if no one has any objections... Any idea what we should do about the cops, bomb threat sounds nice, but it wont hold them long. Now a timed explosion timed right so no one gets hurt say maybe in an ally near the station. But far away from us. While still in there jurisdiction. and we exit the opposite direction. any takers on either cop distraction. I can set up an I.E.D. we just got to decide where to put it."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:41 am

"Ok, just to make sure that I understand... Are we using silencers? Or sound-suppresants? See, if we keep the noise down, and jam their outgoing distress calls, then the Po-Po are irrelevant. Especially if we set up a zip from the roof... That way we have 3 exits!" Jack drops in her questions.
"See, if we a'gunna shoot at em to keep their heads down, we'c'n do that with suppressors on the guns. Keeps the noise down, and less likely to attract attention, but still loud enough to keep their heads down. Also, I'c'n beat 'em up pretty good, if I'c'n get close." Jack adds, just to make sure her questions are clear. Having a few ideas to deal with the Po-Po, she waits for an answer to her questions, since the Po-Po response is relevant to their tactical strategy.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:04 pm

"Only silenced weapon I've got is my sniper rifle." Sentinel mentions. "Everything else is gonna be pretty damn loud. I'm pretty sure if the cops start giving us trouble I can keep their heads down long enough for the job to get done. I got not issue keeping things quiet long as possible though."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I have Shotgun and Revolver. Can't be quiet with guns. Fists are quiet, but is hard to keep crowd of people down with only fists. We have to be loud, so we need distraction for Lone Star.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:16 pm

"Right, so we got a plan of sorts, lets just get to it, unless anyone needs to grab some gear right quick. Who here can drive a car and not get it bashed to hell? Best if I go in the van, but between the van and my car we should have enough space to take everyone and their gear." Sentinel says, trying to get the ball rolling, things were just slowing down at this point and starting to go in circles.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:29 pm

I drive well enough to not crash. All my gear is in van, so I have my stuff already. I am ready to go if we have set plan. His van was a pretty bulky vehicle, but if it could hold a really heavy troll, it could hold whatever gear needed transport, short of a Howitzer. Maybe that too if we lose the passenger seat.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it old school   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:43 pm

"I got some gear i need but then im 5x5 hell you don't want me driving though. We could pick up some rope or wire on the way for the climbing gear i got. And i got silenced weapons as well as a few gel rounds lying around, But yeah i think we got a plan as long as we are not getting you guys plates i say were good to go...." He looked around to see if anyone objected. Or wanted a once over one more time, he was not opposed to going over it again for anyone who needed it...
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 12:13 pm

With nothing to add on the subject of driving or guns, Zee found herself silently listening, and trying to ignore the growing sense of doubt gnawing at her mind. It occurred to her that she might be way out of her league here, possibly for the first time that night. Stealing from people, Matrix crimes, corporate theft, none of that compared to the risks involved in running around buildings going toe to toe with armed security guards. Sure, Zee had watched the trids, glamorous accounts of rugged modern day Robin Hoods, sticking it to the man and fighting against the evil (and conveniently unnamed) megacorps in brilliant and sexy ways. But in those the plans always came together in some one in a million conclusion, ending in everything going off without a hitch to show just how smart shadowrunners are. This job though? There was no-once-a-year event going on to give them access and cover for disguises, no inside man to provide a way out at just the right moment. No, this would be real. Real fighting with real consequences, and possibly very real death. And that had Zee scared enough not to risk speaking up.

A certain little minidrone, on the other hand, shared no such convictions. "Yah, Zee ready a go!" It piped up from her shoulder. Instead of cutting it off like normal, she nodded slowly. "Uh, yeah. Yeah let's get this show on the road. Like, literally I mean."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 2:00 pm

"Yeap! Let's Git 'Er Movin!" Jack says excitedly. She looks around and grins, the old Shadow addage running through her head: "No plan survives the first shot"
"I have to agree tho, let's not ferget the zip line... Tha's gunna be important, I think." Jack says as she stands up, the grin of pending fighting coming across her face.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:58 pm

"Alright, I'll need a few minutes to suit up and shift my gear over to the van but after that I'm good to go, and I can do that while everyone taking my car is loading up their gear anyway." Sentinel points out. Beyond that however, he's just as ready as everyone else is to start the job.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 2:28 pm

I'll help. Bear offered. If we done here. Let's go. He stood up and pressed the button to open the doors. Not waiting, he left the bar nodding to the barkeep on his way out. He unlocked the back of his van to reveal an armored jacket on a rung, a shotgun and a big revolver in a weapons hold, and a small, but well kept workshop suitable for making adjustments and repairing most arms and armor.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm

Jack stands and follows Bear out the door to his van. She whistles quietly, looking over the contents of his portable workshop. "I like it" She says, simply, still looking in appreciation to the interiour of the van. She keeps her hands to herself.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm

As Bear started getting things ready with his van, Sentinel got to his car and brought it around. Taking a quick look about (Let me know if I need a perception test) he made sure there was no one else watching as he poped the trunk of his car, and promptly and quickly as he could manage transferring over his Ares Desert Strike sniper rifle, Stoner Ares M-202 medium machine gun, two Ruger Thunderbolts and of course the bag containing the parts to his light milspec armour, along with his combat vest, backpack and what ever other gear he felt he may need on this job. Which, fortunately all fit in his trunk at this point. Notably to add in their concealment, all the guns save the two handguns sported chameleon coating which he employed to help hide the existence of such items while he was moving them.

"I'll suit up once we are all loading in." Sentinel notes, eying the somewhat cramped confines of the van. Well.. he'd have enough room though it might take him longer than expected to suit up. Still, he'd have some room at least and be out of sight of anyone on the street.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Mamba moved to Sentinel side he waited first because the elf seemed to be taking caution. Then he asked as he approached. "Do you know who will be driving your wheels there. also id rather not be in the van and i need to make a stop. Better if we scope out the place then move in when we get more intel. on the situation. But i need to grab some gear first" He thought about that they would see his pad or at least what went for a pad in his building. They would have his address at the very least....

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:16 pm

A quickly issued mental command, and a single drone hovered down from on top of the roof to join Zee outside the bar with the others. The roto-drone sputtered noisily as it buzzed about, taking up a lazy patrol route around its owner. The faux gasoline engine made quite a ruckus, like an old fashioned lawnmower, but it could easily switch into a more conventional quiet mode. In fact, the modification kit required to make it cough and smoke like a real gas engine had been extra, but for the coolness factor, Zee figured it was totally worth it. And she made a point of watching the others to see if they commented on the drone's retro look. It complemented her steampunk line of clothes, she thought.

"Um, I'll go with whoever, whichever one is easiest. I agree with Mamba though, we should definitely drive by the place first to get a better look at it." She looked around a bit, thinking idly as she reached up to tap on the roto-drone's side a few times like one might do to a pet. To its credit, the drone's dog brain had enough sense to hover in place while she did so. "Uhhh... yeah, I've got everything I need with me, so... no stops for me!" She smiled nervously, her anime AR representation displaying a rather overemphasized ^_^; face.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 am

"Huh... I like the noise-maker, it suits you. Jack says to Zee. "How's the thing in action? It still loud like that?" Pending Zee's obvious retort, Jack waits with the patient grin on her face of someone sharing the humor of the "coolness factor".

Once Zee responds, Jack gets back to the subject at hand. "I guess you kids got-a point. Recon is always a good idea... And 'specially with the help of somethin like this." Jack hikes her finger in the direction of the noise-maker. "We could always use somethin like this thing to get some good info..." The grin on Jack's face matched the humor of meeting someone who chose to keep their gear noisy, at least, when it didn't matter.
"As fer gear: I am good to go... I got ever-theng that I need."
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 am

"Oh, yeah, no... it, uh, has a normal mode for like, dangerous situations and stuff. See watch," she turned to look at the drone as it transformed before her eyes, the flashing lights on the rotors and chassis switching off along with the noise and smoke. Beyond merely dropping its aesthetic additions, the roto-drone appeared to shimmer in the air as the ruthenium polymers switched to protective coloring mode, displaying colors on all sides that helped it blend into the background. The effect wasn't perfect, and as the thing bobbed in the air the apparent bulge of the chameleon coating gave away its location (not to mention the still evident spinning rotors), but the drone was much less obvious in this stealth mode. Zee smiled with satisfaction at her preparation for a life of covert activity. "So... yeah, it probably would make a good spy scout recon thingy!"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 am

"Fancy... I like the chameleon mode, and the "silent" mode works good." Jack says with a whistle. Clearly Zee had done some background checking on what might be expected of her...

"So, we'all ready?" Jack says, climbing in to the passenger seat at the front of the van.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
"Do you know who will be diving your wheels .

"Who ever is actually a competent driver and wont fit in the van, hopefully." Sentinel says "I'd rather not have to buy a new car since I couldn't afford to right now."
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:59 pm

So, where are we driving to, how are we getting there (direct rout or indirect rout?), and who is ridding with whom?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 4:42 pm

After Mamba received what ever they use in 2070's to start a car (besides rigger command). He jumped in the car with Zee he looked at the controls, and tried to remember his lessons, but he hated driving. He just never got around to practicing. The skill was not foreign to him. However he was not the most proficient at it. he hopped on his com and sent a message

To the team: Me and Zee will make a few quick stops then will do some recon. Then we will send you the meet point.

Mamba out

He looked at Zee "I think you should know I'm no indi car racer (witch im sure is still out in some way shape or form in 2070)." Then he pulled out.

(Ooc: Going to pick up some rappelling rope then gear at the apartment Finally we can once over the area that's being hit and call the team to meet in the garage near by sound good to everyone.)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 am

- Hmm... Recon... That sounds good.
Jack looks over at the car, trying to decide if there would be room in it for her. She pauses for a moment of indecision, since there is no reason the van couldn't drop her off several blocks out, and let her hoof it in.
"I have always liked recon. Should I come with you guys? Or should I stay in the van, and hoof it from a couple blocks out?" Not having a particular opinion either way, Jack left it up to the team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next