Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School

Go down 
+2
Dr_Cynic
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

Running it Old School - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 pm

After the Barkeep responds regarding frequency of scanning, Jack thanks him. "A'right, thank ya fer the room." Somewhat satisfied, Jack sits down in one of the chairs and stares at Zee. Jack does not speak up otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Sex: M

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 pm

Barney looks around at the group in his room, "Place get's cleaned regular like. Go ahead and check if you want, I's used to run myself." He smiles a big toothy grin. "On this consol here," he points to a computer consol with four buttons on it, each a different color, "the red one locks the room down so no one can get in or out. The blue one turns on the noise generators in the wall so no listening devices get threw. The green one opens the room again so you all can get out, and the black one gases the room with a knock out gas for an emergency situations. I change what the buttons do regularly so no one can use the room with out payin' and i don't trust no one until they earn it chummer."

He turns to walk out, "The freq today that gets in and out is randomly generated when you lock the room down. The doce displays on the little screan on the console." He relights his cigar on the way out, "remember, yous can rent the room any time after this for a low 100Y per hour. Let me know when ur done chummer so I can clean it for bugs and dreck."

He then leaves the room, closing the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 pm

As soon as the troll left, Zee nodded in Jack's direction. "That satisfy ya?" She couldn't keep an amused smirk off her face, but her AR image translated it to a happy ^_^ expression. "Okay, now what were we talking about? Um, from before? Something about transportation, wasn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:15 am

"Um, no. It doesn't satisfy me. Like he said, I don't trust no one until they earn it. Can ya please give'r a good sweep jus ta make sure? 'Nless yalreddy did it." Jack says. She had clearly earned the scars on her countenance the hard way, and was in no mood to add to her collection needlessly.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:04 am

As soon as everyone walked in, Bear pressed the red and blue buttons, locking the door and turning on the noise generator. As soon as that was done, he walked over and tested a chair. This one didn't creek, so he guessed this one was sturdy enough to hold his weight. After getting comfortable, he crossed his arms. Right. We need transport. I have van, but more is good idea. I think 2 vee-hick-els is least we need. Also should have 2 people in each. What you think? He was talking a bit more comfortably, and his speech was worse than it had been.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 am

"Well then, lets start off this way. Who other than me actually has a vehicle?" Sentinel asks as he settles into a chair. "I've got a car, but there's no way we'd all fit in it along with gear."
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:12 am

"Yeah, I'm... running a sweep," Zee grumbled with some annoyance. Jack's paranoia wasn't quite effective when she didn't seem to understand the technical limitations involved, but if it would assuage her fears... there was no harm in wasting some time scanning. "I don't have a vehicle, I usually just spoof orders to taxi drones, their dog brains fall for it almost every time. It's actually pretty easy, if you know what you're doing. Don't know if that helps though..." She shrugged, and went back to her search for hidden nodes.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am

"Ahh, thank you Zee. That does make me feel better." Jack says, looking significantly relieved. With a sweep, as long as Zee kept it going in the background, they would know if any active listening devices turned on. Or, at least if one started transmitting.
"And Sent. pointed out that Taxis are not the best idea to leave sitting. That doesn't mean we can't get 'em to git us close." She says. "Or we could jus' go buy somthin'. A used Bulldog will git us most anywhere... if not comfortably. An' we can prolly git one cheap." She says looking around at the team. If ever there was a conspicuous vehicle, it was a bulldog. But, you can get 'em with cash, and ditch 'em when your done.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 11:48 am

Jason sat down in the room near the buttons taking note of what barney had said about the gas and witch button released it. "First off i got no wheels Second i do like the two vehicles idea, and third i still think we should consider a roof top entry."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Jack nods at the suggestion of the roof-top entry.
"I like the roof top idea. We should go with that if at all possible."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Mamba nods back glad to see someone was listening to his input So he went on when the ork was done. "Iv got some climbing gear should not be to hard to get a grapple gun, set up a zip line, cut security lines first, Probably power too" He pauses.... "Assuming all goes well, we will need and exit." He looks around. "Still i figure no troll is going to zip line so we would be depending on the heavy hitters for that getaway distraction, and or the extraction itself. If this is a magic mini corp there gonna have awakened opposition or at least its safe to assume they will. So i think a Mage should be with us particularly one who can fight in close quarters" he nods to jack.... and pauses again "Well that's what i got so far anyone care to edit the plan some."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm

"Sounds good... I got lev. Makes climbing quicka..." She says with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

I no like sitting around waiting. I could start from bottom and go up as you go down. Only big problem will be big guns and magic. I have no weapons against angry spirits. He shook his head, frowning. It would also be suitable distraction. People be worried about big angry troll downstairs while you sneak and grab book.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Jason or Mamba smiled as the troll spoke. He did not smile in an evil emperor type of way. But it was originally his plan to have a two pronged attack! He did not feel he should speak for the big guy though. Who ever was on the ground would have to watch his back for cops. As well as the magicorps security. Effectively being caught in a cross fire, but he did like where the big guy was going. They were on the same page at least. "Well you cant go in alone" He then looked to the rest of the team to see if anyone wanted the ground job.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:18 am

"Well, again, it depends on how we all plan on getting there. Big enough transportation and I can just bring along the milspec armor. It's only a light suit but it should be more than enough to play hell with most mundane security forces." Sentinel points out. "Not exactly an easy thing to hide if I have to go in a car, but if we can pull off a van I should be able to slip around easily enough since it has a ruthenium coating and thermal damping."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:07 pm

"I 'lready suggested us snagging a used bulldog for some petty cash. It'll get yer milspec armor around no problem. It'll take some modifying to manage a Troll, but not much. Jes gotta switch out the struts and springs for Heavy-Duty truck parts, and yer gunna be fine. Ain't gunna cost that much neither." As Jack gets back in to the planning aspect, her paranoia is temporarilly forgotten, and she seems to be more the Jack you were getting to know at the table before "the incident..."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:12 pm

I have bulldog. Need fake plates, but will work fine. To be honest, he was getting annoyed. He said he had a van they could use, but apparently no one pays attention to the troll. If you get fake license plate, or plate off other bulldog, we good. No need to steal big car, just plate in back. He tapped the table with a finger, which sounds like someone is hitting it with a rubber bat.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 2:31 pm

"Chill, we're talking about the second vehicle... We been talking about comin' in in two groups, so we need another cah." Jack says, her voice resembling a grate being dragged across concrete. She seemed to be attempting to sooth the troll.

Last edited by Gala on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:53 pm

"Well, if all you need is a fake plate and a spoof chip, then I can probably snag the chip from a friend of mine. Odds are he probably has a few kicking around already." Sentinel notes, but then being friends with a hacker tends to lend one such perks. "Don't know bout he plates, but maybe he can swing that too some how."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Mamba sat up "Well I'd be willing to chip in a few bucks on a second van if need be." He was hoping Jack was right and it would not be too costly, but he was more then willing to help. Anything for the mission well anything within reason.... He looks at everybody "Well i think we should decide now if this is going to be a burglary or a robbery there two different things that have two different set of rules and or penalties." then he looks around for there responses.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

"Um, so... we're buying a van now? That'll cost, like, tens of thousands of nuyen! I dunno about you guys but my bank account is currently in the hundreds..." Zee frowned for a minute, grimacing at the thought of her funds dropping to zero just to get transportation. "If Sentinel here has a car, and Bear hands has a van, that should be enough to fit five people right? And... I can just take a cab to somewhere close by and walk the rest of the way, if we don't have enough room. Then Bear and Mamba take Bear's car and go in through the bottom of the building, I meet up with Sentinel and Jack in Sent's car and us three go in through the roof... wouldn't that work?" she offered hesitantly, glancing around to each group member as she reviewed her idea of the plan out loud.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Mamba looked zee strait in the eyes "Problem is" he stated blankly. "I said the roof because I Like that angle so im going in through the roof i feel ill be more useful there, and i don't have milspec armor so i don't need a van, in fact i can bring my gear with me to the roof breach witch is where im anticipating I'm needed the most."
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 pm

Although a bit uncomfortable by the direct confrontation, Zee met Mamba's gaze with a confused look. "Um... okay? I don't see the problem there. I don't have any fancy armor either."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:46 pm

"Ok so that settles it then. Take the car and the van. Provided some one else is a decent driver, might be best for them to drive my car, provided they dont trash it, and for me to go in the van in the milspec. That'l let me bring the MG as well so we'll have the heavy firepower down in front and the infil team up top." Sentinel suggests. "That sound good to everyone?"
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 pm

Mamba sat back again and breathed he could tell by zee's posture that he was coming off the wrong way, and that could be bad team work wise. So he offered another version clasping his hands together in front of himself in a nonthreatening manner. "Me you, and Jack in through the roof are two heavy hitters in through the ground keepin'em busy while we bag and tag the goods if we had a security lay out or access to that kind of in time data we could move through unnoticed with all the noise down stairs we meet up with the ground team after we are done, and close in on there opposition from behind and make are way out together.... what do you guys think oh zee will be relying on your input heavily, since your the one that can hack there com system and keep us in touch with what their doing. right?" He nodded to her wanting her approval, but needing more to know she was on board... he also nodded to the elf as they we're on the same page.

Last edited by Ghostmaker on Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next