Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeRunning it Old School - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Running it Old School

Go down 
+2
Dr_Cynic
Digital Doom
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Character sheet
Character Name: Digital Doom
Race: Human
Sex: M

Running it Old School - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 3:24 pm

The member 'Durandana' has done the following action : Dices roll

#1 'D6' :
Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-3 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-3 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' :
Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-3 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2

#3 'D6' :
Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-3 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5

#4 'D6' :
Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-1 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-6 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-5 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-4 Running it Old School - Page 3 D6-2
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/shadowrunsurvivalguide/
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

"So what kind of approach are we going to use people?" Sentinel asks while Zee runs the trix to see what she can dig up. "We gonna do this as a stealth run or go in loud and fast? Given the proximity to the police station I'd personally prefer a stealth insertion, but I'm not against making em keep their heads down with some hot lead and a few good threats. It would also likely be advisable that we don't actually kill anyone, though I for one certainly will not hesitate if I feel I absolutely need to."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 pm

Jack looks at Sentinel and grins. She enjoys the quite side, whenever possible. "If it's loud, put me somewhere else. I am no good in a loud environment. And I don't particularly enjoy lead." Her voice sounds like a drain grate being dragged across concrete.
"I ALWAYS suggest going in quietly. I also agree that lead has it's uses. Perhaps we can hire a drone to watch the front door? A drone with decent Auto-Target, and a matrix protocol to alert Zee with movement so that she can review the cameras and issue the kill-code would be quite a useful sentry, assuming we can find a good place to put 'im." Jack says, trying to think of good, safe, ways for a lead battle to be incorporated with her style. Since she likes the up-close-an'-personal experience, when lead flies, she is usually in a bad spot.
"If yall don't mind, let's try t'stick to tha quiet stuff until we have to look elsewhere for success..."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2010-01-16

Character sheet
Character Name: Alex Roaring Bear
Race: Troll
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 pm

We might have a problem. I am bad at sneaking. My unarmed combat skills can be quiet, but I am too large and too heavy to sneak around. Maybe if you go in first while I protect Zee and the others, we will have better results. He personally didn't like that plan though. He preferred being the point man, so that others didn't have to get as smashed up. But if they needed to resort to sneaking, he'll unfortunately have to lag behind.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 3:39 pm

"That may not be a problem, depending on when the fighting has to start. I can help you with the sneaking part, if I gotta. But I cain't do it when the fightin's happnin, y'know...
"All we gotta do is figgurr out when the fightin's gunna get start'd... That way, I'cn help you sneak in thar, an' you'cn be 'sloud 'sya like ta be once it's time for the lead to fly. Howsat sound?"
Jack was getting a little excited about the fighting, and forgot that her facial muscles were not quite as well formed as they had been in her youth. Her speaking had been somewhat too fast for her muscles to keep up with the words, and they got quite a bit slurred. She blushed somewhat in embarassment, but otherwise ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 pm

"All right, that works. So then the next question is how do we all plan on getting there and back? I've got some wheels, their setup to disappear if need be, but aint got any armor to speak of. We can use several vehicles to get everyone to where they need to go, though a large van or something may make some sense. Get everyone in and out in one group. Would also make it easier to get some heavier firepower on site. If there's some place I can stash everything, I've got some milspec armor and a machine gun at my disposal. If that doesn't work though I've still got some light body armor and my sniper rifle." Sentinel offers up. "Got some foam explosives too if we need to blow some holes through the walls. Just breach our way in... or out."
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Mamba liked all the idea's being bounced around. He decided to throw one out see if anybody would consider it. "Well how about we enter through the roof from the garage across the street, or a building near by." He then sat back. to see what they thought. "I would also like this done quietly."
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:46 pm

"Umm, umm..." The minidrone clambered to the top of Zee's head, its bright blue sensors regarding the others as they made their plans. With Zee still digging through nodes on the Matrix, Vox obviously felt the need to speak up on her behalf. He rotated to point in Jack's direction and held up an arm. "Zee haz a drone! Not me tho, a sec-u-rity drone with mah-cheen gun. It don't talk, but can do door watchan!" It turned next to Sentinel, slipping and sliding amidst Zee's hair to do so. "Zee jus hax taxis to ride in. They big and roomy and fast and... um, some are small and smelly but... is free!"
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 am

"Huh, Zee's already gut a doorman... That takes care of that. And foam, for the way out, can make things a whole lot easier. Sounds like this drek is all starting to come together here. As for gettin' there and back... That's a sticky issue. Armor is not as big a deal as ya might think, that can be improvised cheaply. 'Specially if we have the space and time to do it ourselves." Jack said, looking quizically at the drone speaking on Zee's behalf.
"Taxis? Taxis may be just the thing. 'Cause they can sit 'round just 'bout anywhere and no one'll think twice 'bout em. Whatcha'all think about usin' a Taxi to git there and back?" Jack sits back a bit, idly scratching lightly at a long deep scar that runs down the side of her face.
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: sorry, my internet was down for a while...   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 am

Zee, You follow the data trail back to a small node that a breif scan shows it belongs to no-one. Your further indepth scans and search of the area shows that it is really owned by a talasmonger. Upon further digging, you find that the talasmonger is actually an employee of Aztechnology.

Upon further investigation you notice that 2 of the trails lead back to subsidiaries of Aztecnology. It looks as if the big A is picking up the funding that the Draco Foundation is cutting.

<< .............. >>
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 8:52 am

"A Taxi is a great idea, if you want to go to jail." Sentinel responds with a certain degree of scorn. "I for one intend to take something that's a little less obvious and easy to track, not to mention will draw a hell of a lot less questions."
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 am

I can't use taxi anyway. I am too heavy, and a taxi would be slowed down too much to be effective. I don't think you see many taxies in Everret anyway. I will have to be in my van, or another vehicle capable of holding my weight. I am sorry, but that is how it is. It didn't sound like he was sorry he was so big and heavy, but more that they could not use the advantage. Moreso than anything, he seemed proud to be a troll.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:28 am

Aaaannnnd boom goes the dynamite. Zee's worst fear was confirmed, and she immediately backpedaled through the Matrix. The last thing she wanted was to stumble upon the all-seeing eye of a Triple A corp. She returned her focus to the meat world with a start, and realized she was shaking, unnerved by the revelation. To her surprise, she heard Vox's squeaking voice as she spoofed her access ID again, just in case.

"But but but... sum taxis iz big for trolls so if they take, and... taxi iz...safe?" The little drone seemed to lose track of its own point, but its tone remained pleading, as though trying to be helpful. Then it grabbed on to Zee's head to avoid being knocked off as she lifted her goggles and looked up to see what the emotitoy was up to. "Hey! What do you think you're doing?" The drone's sensors went wide, as though caught red-handed. "I wuz jus tryin' a- eek!"

It cut short as Zee shook her head. "It doesn't matter, we have bigger devil rats to stomp. Turns out, our little non-profit organization is dancing to a new tune; Aztechnology has developed an interest in its operations, and is throwin' money around like only a megacorp can." She stopped to consider what she'd said, squinting a bit before continuing, "Well, okay, not that much money, comparatively... but still, I think it's safe to say Aztechnology has some kind of stake in the 3F Research Group."
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 am

Sentinel grunts at that "Well that's fine by me. frag the Azzies, there's a good reason most people don't like them. Their into all that blood magic drek and stuff like that. If there really is any big bad evil corp, it's the fraggin Azzies."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 10:56 am

"Well, you all let the cat out of the bag already. So there aint no use tryin' ta take it back. But, for your future engagements, it might be a wise idea NOT to let your Mr. Johnsons, or Mr. Jay, as the case may be, know which Corp is bankrolling. And, if it happens to slip out while you're hangin' out... it's also a good idea not to drop your feelin's about 'em on the table." She emphasizes her statements about Johnsons and Mr. Jay.
"A'cause did any of ya stop ta'think who it was that is payin' Mr. Jay ta come 'round here and hire us to do their dirty work? Could just as easilly be the Azzies as anuhone else, and ya know fer damn sure that they know the book is there... An' who can guess why they might want it moved unofficially?" If her voice was an iron grate on cement before, it was hard to describe the timbre of her rasping as her ire was irked. Fortunately, this seemed to be all too good a test for the team to see whether or not she could keep her cool, and clearly she had. The stress carried in her voice did not translate to her face or actions. Her movements were as cool and considered as they had always been.
"I 'spose we might s'well continue, since we done already stepped our feet in the puddle an' gut wet." She said, the irony of the situation not lost on her as her face peeled back slightly to allow a grin to spread.

Last edited by Gala on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Digital Doom
Admin
Admin
Digital Doom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:53 pm

The giant troll with purple hair from behind the bar comes walking over to your booth. In a rough voice he says, "Ladies, Gents, my name is Barney, owner of the Purple Dino. Mr. Jay told me that you may need a better place to do some planing than in a noisy bar. He rented the back room for you to use. It's normally 100Y per hour, but he paid saying that you were new to this establishment."

He takes a pull off of a huge troll sized cigar, " Just if you decide to use the room, let me know, I will show you the security protocals and the set up there. It is secure, I sweep for bugs daily or after each use, which ever comes first. I also have a friend of mine reinforce it's warding daily. It is ment to be a secure room for people of your tallents to work out of, and make me some profit on the side." He gives you a big toothy grin. "If you decide to use it, let me know, I'll be behind my bar."

With that he turns and goes back to the bar.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:33 am

"I KNEW it! Those ..." Jack trails off as she rummages around. First she bends over and inspects the table-top carefully. She takes a cursory look at the White-Noice generator in the center of the table, but moves on immediately, as that is too technologically challenging for her to search. Then she leans to the outside of the table, and down, to look at the underside of the table. She then starts looking around randomly, searching for something. It is anyone's best guess what, although her last statement about the Johnson's listening in provided quite a good hint.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:32 pm

Although trying to avoid drawing attention to herself, Zee noticed to her chagrin that no one around the table was breaking the awkward silence. She didn't know what to make of Jack's sudden frantic actions, but at the same time it didn't feel right calling her out on it. After a long moment of sitting still, only her eyes moving, Zee reached up an arm slowly, as though not wanting to disturb a wild animal. With one smooth movement, she collected the minidrone from the top of her head, bringing it down to her lap. Surprisingly, the emotitoy refrained from saying anything inappropriate or embarrassing, as though it could sense the tension at the table. Zee absentmindedly scratched its head with one hand as she waited, her eyes glued to the table until someone spoke up and determined their next step.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Cynic
Runner
Runner
Dr_Cynic

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:10 pm

Sensing the mood in the air, Bear spoke up. I think we should continue this in the other room. Keep safe from unwanted ears. He nodded and reached down, presenting his hand next to Zee to help her up. Everything about this troll seemed to clash with the normal preconceptions of trolls. He had a short cut trim, and was currently wearing a business outfit, though with several stitches in it. He spoke slowly, but not through stupidity, but instead with care. And he shows manners that even most humans don't.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:48 am

The polite gesture earned a wary leer from Zee, who squinted sideways at Bear's offered hand. "Ya know what I think? I think you're called 'Bear' 'cause you like to put your paws on-" From her lap, the emotitoy leapt up, landing on her shoulder. "Zeeeee, he's a try a be nice t' you! Be nice back!" It punched her jawbone lightly, more of a tap than anything else. But Zee's head still tilted out of reflex, and her AR overlay adopted a stunned look, complete with rotating @ signs for eyes.

"Okay, okay," she grumbled, gripping Bear's hand limply as she stood up. Then she shook her head to clear the @ signs off her virtual anime representation. "Let's go use this special vee eye pee room thingy."
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:22 pm

"What, and miss'a chance t'find Mr. Jay's ears!?" Jack says with a slightly fanatical tinge to her voice. Despite the obviously damaged voice box, until now, Jaquelyn had seemed a calm, cool, collected individual. Until now, that is. Now, she was fixated. Jack goes back to searching desperately until Bear gets up, forcing Jack out of her seat, and offers his hand to Zee. Jack takes this somewhat like a slap in the face, the good kind, and snaps out of her funk.
"Oh, uh... I guess that would be a good idea." Jack said, casting a wary, almost vengeful, eye back at the table before heading to the bar to request the room.

"Barkeep, if yas don' mind, wuhl take that room now..." Her face showed obvious relief.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Character sheet
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Sentinel simply gets up as everyone else gets ready to shift over to the offered room. "Couldn't hurt." He agrees on the matter of the change of locations. For the moment however he holds his tongue given everyone else's concern on the matter of secrecy. Of course given that what they were going to be doing was illegal, he couldn't blame them.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf

PostSubject: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 10:37 am

Mamba also vacated the immediate area to the next location he said nothing.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Jack follows the large Troll Barkeep back to the back room quietly. When she gets inside, she takes a quick look around.
"Barkeep, y'mind tellin' us when's th'last time ya sweeped this place fer bugs?" She asks, her eyes shifting about the room nervously.
"Zee," She looks to Zee. "Don'spose yu'ken check the room 's'well? Would be nice t'know that the room is clean..." She looks back around the room, not really searching heavilly like she had at the table, but still somewhat nervously.
Back to top Go down
Dura
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Dura

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:29 pm

"Um, well, sure, I could scan for any bugs transmitting wirelessly, but if it's a delayed transmission or wired connection I wouldn't be able to locate it without, you know, actually physically looking." Zee keyed up her Scan program anyway, setting it to search for wireless nodes, surreptitiously glancing over at Barney as she did so. "Not that there's, um, any reason to doubt this place is clean!" Not wanting to get caught in the middle if the troll decided to take offense at Jack's paranoia, Zee took a seat, focusing on her search for any suspicious nodes nearby.

OOC: Trading in dice at the rate of 5 hits every six seconds, will be scanning for quite some time, a full minute at least, for a total of 50 hits. Let me know if anything comes up please!

Last edited by Durandana on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running it Old School   Running it Old School - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Running it Old School
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next