Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCharacter Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:07 pm

Also, a GM would likely argue that if you use BF mode you're specialization in SA won't count. So you'd be back down to 1 die.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Ahem;

• actioneer is 5/3 so you were right it should have been 7/5, but since you were right on the encumberence (body 3 *2 equals 6-7 for highest rating would mean a -1 to agility for all purposes), im going to take the arm and leg plates away, putting us at 6/4 and being kosher with our encumberence, but just bairly.
  • it should mathematically be 19, but 18 is a better number both simply and economically, besides whats wrong being a round light in each clip, should that argument arise?
  • your probably right on the BF and SA, i don't know how to fix that, you could argue that the sakura fubuki has bf and specifically says for it to be handled like SA instead of BF for purposes of recoil (which would negate the difference between the two modes), but the rules did say that the list of specs is not total and we could in theory make our own spec for BF pistols.
  • ...or just say our version is a machine pistol and take the automatics skill instead, which actually covers three categorys of guns rather than the two for pistols. and behold the gods have answered, sort of. automatics has a machine pistol spec.

ive covered the big issues there, but the question remains of what to do with our extra points.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:24 am

I'd agree that if there are rules for one machine-pistol that claims for it to be treated like an SA, then any modified SA pistols so that they can BF should also be handled that way. But because I'm a sadistic bastard, I'd have the thing blow apart on it's first glitch... but that's just me. Twisted Evil

Let's see, we've got 11 safe BPs left. The other can be used to buy superfluous gear.

I say one more point into a skill, and two more spells (Heal maybe?) and add a point to one of the contacts, or NY5k more gear.

Or, two more skills and one more spell. Maybe 1 pistols, 1 assensing? He might not summon spirits, but he might like to know what one looks like.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

for this page:

Stats
B A R S C I L W E M
3 4 3 2 5 4 4 5 1 5 190bp +50

Qualities
magician 15bp
first impression 5bp
mentor spirit (spider) 5bp
(+2 Detection and Illusion, Will+Cha(3) to make a quick decision)

sensitive system 15bp
vindictive 10bp
aspected sorcerer 10bp

Spells 18bp (drain resisted with wil+cha)
improved invisibility (illusion)
increase reflexes (health)
control thoughts (manipulation)
levitate (manipulation)
detect life extended range (detection)
manabolt (combat)

Skills 108bp
stealth group 2
influence group 3
spellcasting 5
counterspell 3
automatics (machine pistols) 2 (+2)
perception 1
assensing 1
dodge 2

Contacts 12bp
Hacker (2/4)
black market fence (2/4)

Weapons

• ares pred 4
  • extended clip (18 bullets total per clip)
  • large modification (to allow it to fire in burst fire, which would either give us +2 damage, or - 2 for them to dodge)
  • personalized grip (-1 recoil)
  • Silencer (-4 perception)
  • Hidden Arm Slide

currently goes for 4950 nuyen,

• 5 clips of stick and shock rounds (90 rounds, 18 rounds each clip)
  • 5 clips of regular rounds (90 rounds, 18 rounds each clip)

450 nuyen

Armor

• Actioneer Business Clothes (use concealed holster to hold extra ammo)
  • securetech PPP system (designed to be worn under the clothes)
  • vitals plate (1+/1+)
  • bumps our total armor rating to 6/4

1700 nuyen

Gear

• commlink: Novatech Airware OS: Iris Orb
  • Glasses + Flare comp, Smartlink, Imagelink, and thermographic link
  • Earbud
  • Subvocal Microphone
  • Fake SIN 4
  • fake license 4 (concealed carry)
  • middle x2
  • Sustaining Focus (rating 3)

55,660 nuyen (11-12bp)

399-400bp total

so besides a name and a story, we are about done right?

Last edited by wngd_phantom on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Yeah, pretty much, Still need to fix the armor rating, it still reads as 7/4 instead of 6/4.

What about Native Language? I say it should be Norsk (Norwegian language) and English should be his second tongue. Most Norwegians speak English pretty well.

I'd either finish buying more gear, or see if I could drop the cost of what I've got down that NY660 and put that last point into contacts. Maybe get the Hacker up to 3/4.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm

i could drop the commlink down a few levels, renraku sensei with a renraku ichi puts us at 55,010, just ten frikin nuyan
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I say drop one clip, he shouldn't need that much ammo on him anyway. Think about it, 10 clips of 18, one clip would be about .5'"X1.25"X5" that's almost 2 cubic feet of ammo. He'd need a bandoleer, or backpack or special vest. He shouldn't be carrying more than two spares at a time in most cases. It's a back up weapon, not primary.

Besides, bullets don't go well with Suits. ^)^
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 5:09 pm

we have a secondary weapon? I thought all we had was the pistol and magic... Ooooh. Downside is 18 goes into 90 evenly, and you can only buy bullets in 10's, let me see what i can do. figure on him at all times would be about five clips max, four on him, in that concealed weapon pouch. then one in the gun, let me do some quick math, and i'll be back with you in one second.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 5:13 pm

You don't have to drop the amount of ammo purchased, just the number of actual clips. each clip is NY15, drop one clip. Still buy the 90 rounds of each, and you are NY5 under the 5k mark. you can use that last NY5 to buy plastic restraints or something.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 5:14 pm

Heck, if you are only going to carry 5 clips, then you only need to buy 5 clips. That's NY75, you can buy 3 cred sticks with that.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:14 pm

Okay, drop the clips to 5, that leaves us NY70. Keep the bullets we have. Lets buy 2 Gold credsticks, 1 metal restraint, listed at NY20. So for the big finale save for name, story and knowledge skills.

Stats
B A R S C I L W E M
3 4 3 2 5 4 4 5 1 5 190bp +50

Qualities
magician 15bp
first impression 5bp
mentor spirit (spider) 5bp
(+2 Detection and Illusion, Will+Cha(3) to make a quick decision)

sensitive system 15bp
vindictive 10bp
aspected sorcerer 10bp

Spells 18bp (drain resisted with wil+cha)
improved invisibility (illusion)
increase reflexes (health)
control thoughts (manipulation)
levitate (manipulation)
detect life extended range (detection)
manabolt (combat)

Skills 108bp
stealth group 2
influence group 3
spellcasting 5
counterspell 3
automatics (machine pistols) 2 (+2)
perception 1
assensing 1
dodge 2

Contacts 12bp
Hacker (2/4)
black market fence (2/4)

Weapons

• ares pred 4 (nicknamed Vale (norse Æsir of Archers)
  • extended clip (18 bullets total per clip)
  • large modification (to allow it to fire in burst fire, which would either give us +2 damage, or - 2 for them to dodge)
  • personalized grip (-1 recoil)
  • Silencer (-4 perception)
  • Hidden Arm Slide

currently goes for 4950 nuyen,

• stick and shock rounds (90 rounds)
  • regular rounds (90 rounds)
  • 4 extra extended clips, 18 rounds each clip, carries 2 clips of regular ammo, and 2 clips of stick and shock, and 1 clip of sticky in the gun at all times

450 nuyen

Armor

• Actioneer Business Clothes (use concealed holster to hold extra ammo)
  • securetech PPP system (designed to be worn under the clothes)
  • vitals plate (1+/1+)
  • bumps our total armor rating to 6/4

1700 nuyen

Gear

• 2 gold Credsticks
  • metal restraints
  • commlink: Novatech Airware OS: Iris Orb
  • Glasses + Flare comp, Smartlink, Imagelink, and thermographic link
  • Earbud
  • Subvocal Microphone
  • Fake SIN 4
  • fake license 4 (concealed carry)
  • middle x2
  • Sustaining Focus (rating 3)

55,000 nuyen (11bp)
400bp total

Knowledge skills, okay for norsk and english, you can pick what else you think we should have, please. It is going to be an unholy dandilion eater to add the arsenal book to the char gen.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:34 pm

How about this?

Knowledge:
World Religion 2
History 2
Magic Background (Norse Mythology) 1(3)
Current Events (Awakened World) 1(3)
Spell Design 3
Elven Society 2
Club Circuit 2
Black Markets 2
Corporate Politics 2
Magical Threats 1
Security Procedures (Megacorp) 1(3)

Language:
Norsk: N
English: 3

Last edited by Wreck on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : revised)
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:43 pm

cool, sounds rightous to me. Ya know playing psychotic characters can be taxing sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 12:14 am

I'm currently making two different "friends" for him. One is a Troll Adept, but I need a GM ruling on something. I want him to be able to use a combat axe (weapon focus) with his "killing hands/elemental strike). In essence, he would hit you with an axe, and the elemental electricity (aka lightning) would flow down the axe into the opponent. Technically Killing hands isn't supposed to work that way, but this would be WAY cooler, and I'd be willing to make it so that the additional electrical damage was capped at the weapon focus level. Which can't be more than 2 at start.

The other concept is completely legit, Elf mage, Focused on lightning and storm like effects But I really want to play the troll! I'd name him Jötunn
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 11:42 am

i would think you could, i know that if you use an elemental strike and nail a small body of water with someone else in it they will get electrocuted, so i could imagine it might work, talk it over with jonno. At best your going to need a specialized purely metal axe. At worst it won't work at all and you will have to find a technological route, which i might have a solution for.

I also found a picture for our boys gun.

Now i have a question for you, how would you feel about a Axe with a shotgun, or any gun, mounted to it?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:50 pm

yeah, but the rules specifically say you can't use killing hands except in unarmed combat. I guess I could argue that if it's a metal axe, the electricity would ark down the axe into the target. That should work even if it isn't a weapon focus.

An axe/shot gun (just because it sounds sick) would be sweet! It would be more like a shot gun with an "Axe/bayonet" mount? I envision it as a big Axe blade that sits along the bottom of the front of the barrel, poking out a bit from the underside. There would be a space between part of the blade and the forgrip so he'd still be holding it two handed. Problem is, that due to the modification, a GM could argue that it doesn't deal as much damage or have the reach that a regular combat axe has. Which is significant. Reach is 2 (with a Troll's Reach 1, that means 3!!!) and the damage is Str/2+4, His Str is 10, plus a level 2 Ability Boost makes Str/2=6 so he'd be dealing 9~10 dmg before Resolving Combat vs. Dodge Tests & Damage Resist Tests. Or factoring Elemental Strike. Or Reach.

Extended barrel .45. Did you have enough slots left to mount an internal silencer? Those things are huge! heh, just joking, I like the concept though.

The Troll would be a follower of Thor, can't check books right now, but I think he can be either Sky Father or Wise Warrior.

Last edited by Wreck on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Str/2= to make sentence actually make sense.)
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 5:20 pm

let me worry about making the gun itself legal, its going to turn out bad trog anyway you want to think about it and if worse comes to worse, itll be a reach 1 battle axe + your trolls reach of one, which is still +1, and i managed to find a way to keep it kosher, just give me a bit to finish it up.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 8:21 pm

thus far for your axe ive got:

combat axe (str/2 +4)p reach 2 $600
spas-22 shotgun (7p/-1ap/SA-BF/10(m)/shock pad, internal smartgun) NY1250
shock lock ammunition(+1 damage, NY70)

melee hardening 1 NY300
underbarrel weapon Combat axe 3 NY600
personalized grip (-1 recoil) 1 NY100
metahuman customization (troll) 1 NY50

total cost with 2 clips of Shock Lock slugs: NY3,040

It looks like you still might be able to retain the damage from the axe with melee hardening on the shotgun,and here it is. I'm sorry its not the greatest drawing ever, but i think people get the idea. I think it looks bad trog though. The shock pad and the grip take care of the recoil from BF up to the second shot which is nice, so effectivly youve got a shotgun that deals 9p damage at range, on a narrow burst, and a battle axe that with your character deals 9p damage as well, not to mention your reach of either 2 or 3, I'd ask jonno on that one.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 8:29 pm

This is all out of Arsenal?

I'll take a look at the gun and such, see if there's anything else I can pop in with that last slot.

I'd probably put the blade on the underside, but yeah, that's the basic concept.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm

i had to use the last slot for metahuman customization or your troll would take -2 to all tests with it. I'm sure you could probably do a better drawing than i can, but yeah just about all of it came from Arsenal. Except for the Combat Axe anyways. Any other ideas you might like, We could work together on the other two characters you mentioned, the troll and the storm mage elf.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 9:56 pm

I thought that the rules in SR4 stated that it could be assumed that gear bought at start was already modified to be used for your metahuman type. I'll have to pay extra for things I buy later though. To make sure they fit my hands. Otherwise I'd have to pay extra for everything, including my clothes, at start.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 pm

I just thought about this... if he sends electricity down a gun that has a smartgun system, he could blow the system. Which would suck. Well, I'll just put him on the back burner until there's a possible game to play, and then see what the GM says about the gun/axe/electricity thing.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:14 pm

You still wanted to do the electricity thing? Oops. I was just creating a badass gun for you, sorry. Here is another version of the same gun anyways, i just thought this one slightly more futuristic, and it fit your underbarrel design. And if you still want to do the electric stuff how about a underbarrel launching bola that you can send electricity through, shoot them, trap them, then zap them.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:24 pm

yeah... The concept really revolves around a big arse troll wielding an electric axe.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:27 pm

i might have an idea, give me a bit of a second.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next