Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeCharacter Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Number of posts : 1139
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Character sheet
Character Name: Priest Sarah Gaven
Race: ork
Sex: female

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 10:49 pm

Okay, i have an idea, and it would be cooler, the gun itself wouldn't be as cool, but that was supposed to be a perk right, not a neccesity. What if i reverse this for a bit, take your basic current, as in 2009, sawed off shotgun, and made it an underbarrel to a battle axe? that way your just passing the current along the axe, not the gun itself, just make sure the mounting is nonconductive. Electronic firing with your smartgun would eleminate the need for a trigger, although not neccesary, just thought it would be neat, what do you say of this idea?

Battleaxe/gun

combat axe (str/2 +4)p reach 2 $600
spas-22 shotgun (7p/-1ap/SA-BF/10(m)/shock pad, internal smartgun) NY1250
shock lock ammunition(+1 damage, NY70)

melee hardening 1 NY300
underbarrel weapon spaz-22 shotgun 3 (halves ammo down to 5) NY1250
personalized grip (-1 recoil) 1 NY100
Custom look level 2 (gives +2 to intimidation and reputation tests) 1 NY1000

with 2 clips of 5 shock lock shells, the total price comes to: NY4570

this way you can have your metal body on the axe and have the rubber separating the two of them, and its paid for, and it helps your character scare the dreck out of people. Also this way your Axe retains its original length, thus reach of 2 and you still get a decent secondary weapon, and you can pass electricity through it, however you decide to do it, either through you or shock gloves.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Number of posts : 1442
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Character sheet
Character Name: (0d3\/\/R3(|{
Race: Human
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:45 am

If I make him a cyber punk, it's no prob at all, but if I keep him an adept it starts to get iffy. How would I fire the gun via the smartlink withouth having a datajack? Trode net?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:47 am

the same way everyone else does without getting cybered, glasses, goggles, or contact lenses, they work wirelessly via your PAN remember?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:23 pm

that's info being sent TO your glasses FROM your gun. You have to send a command TO your gun for it to fire. So tell me... how do your glasses pull that off? By reading your blink pattern? Your gun would be going ape dreck if you sneezed. No you have to have some sort of connection from your brain to your gun... or... I guess you could use AR gloves and a floaty AR "button" That would look funny. Dude holding a gun and his other hand is up in front of his face, one finger extended. Or a button on your commlink could be set up. But you need an input source.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 pm

rules say you only need a smart system for an electronic trigger, but as you may have noticed i didn't put that on your Axe. so pretty much just think of it as a Axe with a shotgun in the handle.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:28 pm

I noticed that, I'm just ranting about the lack of clarity in the rules. Shadowrun has always been plagued by that. You can't write rules for everything. People have to use common sense sometimes, even if we don't want to because it's inconvenient. Yes, I have to have a smartsystem. But, I also need a way for my brain to tell that system when to fire. That means input. Most of the electronic stuff was originally designed with the idea that a street sami would be using it. So they assume I will have a smartsystem installed via cybertech. I need a smart gun and a smart link. If I want a heads up display in my glasses, that's where I put the link, if I want to be able to control it with my mind, then it needs to be the cyber version.

Think about it like this. If I was able to fire a gun via the smart link in my glasses (no trigger, no cyber implants), then I should also logically be able to rig via a rigger addition in a pair of goggles. The types of tech aren't that different. Since I need to have a rigger control cyber implant, then I need to have a smart link cyber implant. Or at least a trode net. But even that get's a bit iffy since a trode net is supposed to shut your body down. So I wouldn't actually be able to raise my gun. ^)^

Crunching the numbers, I can actually make a more efficient Troll street-sami. Giving him Muscle aug/toner and other stuff is actually cheaper than the adept route, plus I can put that smart system in the gun. I can even give him shock hand implants (not replacing his hands, just adding the implants to his existing ones) They hold 10 jolts per hand, so that's a total of 20 jolts I could send down the axe... Problem is, He's not what I wanted him to be. Which makes me not want to play him as much.

The Elf, on the otherhand, is exactly what I expect of him/want him to be. And since the troll requires GM approval because of tweeking and what not, I think I'll just stick with the elf until I can play a table top game with friends.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:32 pm

I take it back, the bare minimum to fire that gun sans-trigger would be a data jack. Which still doesn't help a phys-ad
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 4:42 pm

Now, as for the elf... this is how I see him for now..

B A R S C I L W E M
3 4 3 2 7 3 3 5 1 5

I know that's a really high charisma for a non-face character, but it's all about the numbers. He needs as many dice to throw at drain as possible. Lightning bolt is DV(F/2+3) And if he's sustaining spells like Levitate and such, he's going to take some nasty stun damage pretty quick.

For Qualities I was thinking
Magician -15
Mentor Spirit -5 (Thor aka Thunderbird) +2 Air Spirits +2 Intimidation tests; Will+Cha(3) or respond to an insult in kind.

Sensitive System +15
Vindictive +10 (coupled with Thor, that's two rolls he has to make whenever he is insulted, granted the vindictive roll is only threshold 2)
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

sounds kinky for your Elf then, you might want to think about adding the focused concentration to him, ive got an idea to help your troll. And i have the rulings on the smartgun system, and it is explained, with a little imagination.

you don't need the control rig to be a rigger, it just makes it a hell of a lot easier. Otherwise a technomancer would be worthless except for hacking. Under the same principal would be the smartgun system. It works because the visual device (glasses, contacts, goggles, etc.) senses eyemovement and soft mental commands via your commlink which creates a mini wireless network around you called a PAN (personal area network). In a sense the programming reads your body language, our eye language?!?, to know what to do. Think of a reticule in a video game, it shows you were your bullet is going to go before you pull the trigger, same thing. The way they think about it is a bulk of information that helps you correct your aim, er go giving you a better shot. Now that that's done lets get back to your elf character.

With the information that we have, you could add an allergy com/mild (cat hair), that gives you 10 more points to play around with, and it only gives you a -2 to all tests when experiencing symptoms, so not that bad. i can understand that part about the charisma, you still might, maybe possibly, throwing negotiation skill or intimidation skill in there to work off of it, you never know when you might need it.

I should have an idea for your troll in about ten minutes or so. How would you feel about a bersker style character?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

oh and to give you an idea, mathematically speaking your right hook is going to do about 12p in damage, without elemental strike, or an axe, and yes its a troll, so you can even use the +1 which gives you about 13p.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

I know that it functions through the PAN, but I don't buy the concept that the PAN can execute commands via body language. Yes, the goggles track eye movement to help my aim (if I'm using a smartplatform) or it gives me a heads up crosshair overlay showing me where my gun is pointed. Neither of those actually fires the gun though. That's just aim assistance, which is totally legit.

My analogy of the rigger still stands. A technomancer can directly send input to any electronic devices that has wireless capability because he is a living PAN. If you took average Joe-blow, he be stuck without either a trode-net/simsense or a control rig. There has to be a mode of transmission. You can't tell me that a Novatech Navi is sophisticated enough to talk to my brain via the electric impulses on my skin. Sure, it can use my biorhythm to send messages to other machines that are on my body, but I need an interface for my cognitive functions and the machines to talk. A technomancer is special in that his brain automatically does that. If it were otherwise, hackers wouldn't risk going into the trix, they'd do everything via AR. There is a difference between cognitive and physical.

Elf:
I never liked allergy... always seemed like such a cop-out. Like a Star @ heaven What if I go with something more in-tune with the times. Like Soy? That would be crazy! I'd have to be very careful of what he eats or drinks even! Or peanut oil. It seems like there is a growing number of people today that are allergic to peanuts, it would stand to reason that a peanut allergy may still be prevalent, or even more so, in the future.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:42 pm

How is he doing 12p with his fist? Killing hands is Str/2 P isntead of Str/2 S. That's all it does.

Isn't it?
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 7:21 pm

i could see the peanut thing happening, it would be funny as hell.

here are the stats i have for the troll thus far:
troll (40)
adept

attributes (200)
Body: 5
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4
Strength: 9
Charisma: 3
Intuition: 4 (5)
Logic: 3
Willpower: 4

Edge: 1
Magic: 5
Initiative: 9
Essence: 6

positive qualities
adept (5)
high pain tolerance 2 (10)

negative qualities
Sensitive System (15)
Vindictive (10)
Allergy com/mild (peanuts) (10)

Active Skills (100)
Con : 2
Etiquette : 2
Leadership : 2
Negotiation : 2
Dodge : 3
Longarms (Shotguns) : 4
Blades (Axes) : 4
Perception (Visual) : 2
Unarmed Combat : 3
Pilot Ground Craft (Wheeled) : 2

powers
Killing Hands
Elemental Strike
Attribute Boost (Level 4)
Mystic Armor (level 2)
Improved Reflexes (level 1)

this is not including contacts or equipment yet. i figured that still had some room to be worked on. i figured for your troll you wanted a Viking Thundergod ;cough; thor ;cough;. so i took a big character, made him damn near invincible, and strong as hell, and even stronger when he goes berserker.

i got the damage for an unarmed attack by using basic odds of rolling, in the shadowrun environment thats roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of your dice being hits. so mathematically speaking with attribute boost (magic 5 roll (1-3 hits per roll, lets say two) + 4) = 6 + strength of 9 = 15 (augmented maximum anyways)/2 = 7.5 rounded up = 8; unarmed combat 3 + agility 4 = 9 (say 4 hits); 8 strength plus 4 = 12p; range of +1 could give you either +1 to hit and deal more damage, or -1 for them to dodge, your choice. Effectivly though, your punch can make someones head explode by sheer awesomeness.

and ive still got roughly 40bp to go in building, well, 39 if you really want that axe/shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

I was thinking more like this

Attributes:
Body: 6
Reaction: 3
Strength: 10
Charisma: 1
Intuition: 3
Magic: 6

Qualities:
adept (5)
high pain tolerance 2 (10)

Sensitive System (15)
Vindictive (10)
Allergy com/mild (peanuts) (10)

Active Skills:
Disguise : 3
Inflitration : 3
Palming : 3
Shadowing : 3
Blades (Axes) : 3 (5)
Dodge : 2
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 2 (4)
Perception : 1
Unarmed Combat (Martial Arts) : 2 (4)
Pilot Ground Craft (Bike) : 1 (3)
Gymnastics : 1
Running : 1
Intimidation (Physical) : 2 (4)
Longarms (Shotguns) : 2 (4)

Powers:
Improved Reflexes (level 2)
Killing Hands
Elemental Strike
Attribute Boost (Str)(Level 2)
Mystic Armor (level 2)
Attribute Boost (Agi)(Level 2)

I guess Str could drop to 9, but then I'd probably bring up Body and maybe reaction.
I realize that intimidate is technically a Charisma skill, and his sucks... but if I can't convince the GM to let me sub Str, then he should at least give me bonuses on it for manhandling people.
I want the Harley for the "Horse" motif. Bike instead of wheeled.
I know that means he doesn't deal as much damage, but he needs to hit often enough to deal damage, besides, you said it yourself, extra hits on the attack gain damage for him too. I don't want him to be just a brick, more like a tank.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 8:39 pm

were you planning on giving him a pistol as well to start out with?
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah, extended clip for the colt manhunter. that's 20rnds per clip!
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:00 pm

alright then. i guess if thats the way you want to make it then so be it. i just figured save some serious points so we don't have to go overkill on everything.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:11 pm

Assuming that extended clip mod works for for magazines as well...

What if I still give him the shotgun as his primary ranged weapon, but with these mods: Personalized grip, Large Firing Selection Change, and Extended clip. It would give him 13 rounds per magazine, one in the chamber is 14... too bad I can't get it to a nice even 15.

I was thinking of the handgun as a final back up. I sort of see it like this. He get's surprised by some dreck-head in an ally, the guy is too far away for him to hit him with the axe, so he whips out his shotgun and starts to charge at the guy blasting away. When he gets close enough, he drops the shot gun and pounds on him with the axe/his fists. The colt is a precautionary thing.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:21 pm

Attributes:
Charisma: 2

Qualities:
Adept (5)
High pain tolerance 2 (10)

Sensitive System (15)
Vindictive (10)
Allergy com/mild (10)

Active Skills:
Blades (Axes) : 3 (5)
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 2 (4)
Longarms (Shotguns) : 2 (4)

Powers:
Improved Reflexes (level 2)
Killing Hands
Elemental Strike
Attribute Boost Str (Level 2)
Mystic Armor (level 2)
Attribute Boost Agi (Level 2)

Dropping the Running and Gymnastics frees up 10 points.
If gear becomes problematic, drop the colt. It's mostly a back up anyway, and his fists work just fine for that.
That's still 23 points for gear/contacts
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 pm

The two main things for gear are the axe and the shotgun

Combat Axe
+ Personalized Grip
+ Sling (-2 to conceal under a coat and +4 on checks not to drop it.)

NY 710

SPASS-22
+ Sling
+ Personalized Grip
+ (Change Firing Large)
+ (Extended clip)

NY 1360 (3860)

I don't have my books, so I can't check the amounts of ammo/price/stats of the ammo you were recommending. I'll look into it later.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 11:24 pm

As far as other gear is concerned...

Fake Sin (Rating 4)
3x Fake License (Rating 4) Colt, SPASS, stick-n-shock if I drop the colt, then the other one will probably be for the SPASS ammo.
Glasses
+Low Light Vision
+Flare Compensation
+Image Link
+Smartlink
Earbud

Commlinks/Electronics
Commlink : Novatech Airware

Vehicles
Harley Scorpion (Chopper)

Weapons
Combat Axe
Personalied Grip
+Sling/Lanyard
Colt Manhunter (+ 100%)
+Firing Selection Change (Large)
+Personalied Grip
+Extended Clip
+Silencer (addition not slotted)
Concealable Holster
2x Spare Clips
6x Regular Ammo (10 shots)
6x Stick-n-Shock (10 shots)
Franchi SPAS-22
+Personalied Grip
+Sling/Lanyard
+Firing Selection Change (Large)
SPAS ammo I don't have access to.

Magic EQ
Weapon Focus R2, combat Axe

11 BP for gear and NY275 to spare for other stuff.
+ Additional 2 BP for binding (which the char-gen doesn't let you do as an adept)

That leaves 10 points for contacts/more gear/skills. It will show as 388, but it's really 390

I was thinking a 2/3 or 3/3 contact. What do you suggest
Also anything you would drop? If I drop the colt, it's almost a whole BP, but not quite.
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:00 am

i take it your planning on dropping having the combat axe and the shotgun be one weapon, thats alright it was really a pipe dream anyways. i can understand having the colt as a back up for ranged attack, but thats skills and bp that could be better used elsewhere. your fists can either knock them out or kill them in pretty much one hit. your shotgun can hit them at range, and your strong enough to throw your axe if need be. besides if your going for a pistol, get the ares 4, it comes with a smartlink, or for added kinkyness go for an smg, which for that matter just sub out pistol and longarms and go for the automatics skill, one skill = more points, more power. downside is, no shotgun. But if you can give me about an hour, gotta get my kid off to school. i can come up with a triple threat of weaponry and gear that should be fairly scary as hell, that and give you some nice custom armor that will make you even more of a tank.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:40 am

I found the shotgun ammo... that's nice stuff man! double DV for locks/hinges and treat as explosive against other targets! WOOT!
yeah, your right... bye bye colt.
Back to top Go down
Wreck
Fixer
Fixer
Wreck

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:52 am

Attributes:
Charisma: 2

Qualities:
Adept (5)
High Pain Tolerance 2 (10)

Sensitive System (-15)
Vindictive (-10)
Allergy com/mild (Peanuts)

Active Skills:
Blades (Axes) : 4 (6)
Longarms (Shotguns) : 3 (5)

Weapons:
Combat Axe
+Sling/Lanyard
Personalied Grip
Franchi SPAS-22
+Extended Clip
Firing Selection Change (Large)
+Personalied Grip
+Sling/Lanyard
4x Spare Clips
9x Shock Lock Rounds (Shotgun)

Equipment:
Weapon Focus (Rating 2)
Fake Sin (Rating 4)
Fake License (Rating 4)
Glasses
+Low Light Vision
+Flare Compensation
+Image Link
+Smartlink
Earbud

Vehicles:
Harley Scorpion (Chopper)

Commlinks:
Commlink : Novatech Airware

Life Style:
Medium, one month

So that brings the total, including the 2 BPs for the foci binding to 388, 11 BPs of gear with NY4,700 to spare for stuff
Back to top Go down
wngd_phantom
Fixer
Fixer
wngd_phantom

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 am

where in the books does it say you need 2 points for binding a foci on character creation? i like it thus far, let me tweek the shotgun and axe a bit, for instance you don't need a personalized grip on your axe, there isn't any recoil in melee combat. and do you need to upgrade to full auto with the shottie, it already has burst fire.

With the arsenal book, i can make the axe, his armor, the shotgun, and the bike badass, just let me work on it, for instance you can't shove all of that stuff on a shotgun, or any weapon for that matter, 6 slot maximum, but there are ways to get what you want, just let me work them all for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts   Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Consepts: Mages/Mystics/Adepts
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next