Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Darkon wrote:
If I remember correctly, teaching between traditions is somewhat difficult. But not impossible. I'm sure she would gladly teach you. And in return ask for the speed up spell. (Enhance reaction)
reread the learning, and no spell for Viking, Sad
but if Gala Approves Viking is sure to lend you a hand in Learning Increased reflexes.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Why no spell for Viking? It is more difficult, but not impossible. Specter and Viking are both shamans. But not the same tradition. Even hermetics can learn from shamans and the other way round. Ritual spellcasting is not possible. But the spell itself, the way it works, could be copied by observation. And of course, Viking could just ask Specter for help lifting the stones.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Darkon wrote:
Why no spell for Viking? It is more difficult, but not impossible. Specter and Viking are both shamans. But not the same tradition. Even hermetics can learn from shamans and the other way round. Ritual spellcasting is not possible. But the spell itself, the way it works, could be copied by observation. And of course, Viking could just ask Specter for help lifting the stones.
Sorry no help, as he has to do it on his own, every single stone must be brought there by himself, initiated by his blood and sacred by his chants.

and Viking has only 3 Karma left, I was under the delusion that's enough, but I would need 5, so I can not learn it even if the traditions are compatible.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:20 pm

You guys have misunderstood the way things work. Each spell is highly specific, if "similar" between traditions. It is mechanically impossible to learn a spell from another tradition. This makes adjudicating characters who follow their own tradition particularly amusing as a GM.
On the other hand, money is hardly an issue for most of you at this point. Purchasing a Spell Formula on the 'trix for 2k Nuyen should be barely a rounding error in your yearly-accounting sheets while you're engaged on this 'Run.

That said: You MAY have an inter-tradition Magical Group. Further, the "Instruction" skill will still work for all skills, even though you cannot teach spells between you two. In addition, there are other things that inter-tradition magical groups can assist with, despite that you cannot share spells.

@Viking: It took an additional 30 minutes; which kept you out of the loop while Specter announced her intentions to host the ritual, but you were available and paying attention when she came back around to announce that she's starting.
Yes, to your knowledge: it worked perfectly.

@Kesslan: Per your request, Eleanor sent off the email and BCC you on your Commlink; thus you noticed when she hit the send button. Also, she administers a Tranq on the prisoner, keeping him under for the night (on your request - which you haven't made yet) so that you and the team can rest in peace, and wake up to some sunlight and calm air.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Argh. I completely forgot that Ashe is out of order for the moment.

As for the learning, I've read somewhere, I think it was Street Magic, that one can 'learn' from seeing a spell being used. As in astrally perceiving the spell in action. That much help is possible intertraditionally. I'll try to find the passage in the books.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 2:50 pm

Ok; find it. That saves me from having to look for it!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I haven't found the right passage yet. But I have found something else.

Quote core rulebook p182: "A magician can learn a spell from either a spell formula or from another magician, but
the source has to be of a compatible tradition (gamemaster’s discretion)."

I would say a compatible tradition might be a norse and a druidic shaman. Or maybe even norse and egyptian. Although a psion and a chaos mage would not be compatible. Just my thoughts though. You're the GM Gala.

EDIT:

Ok, I found the passage. But it's one of these short stories in front of the chapters.The location is street magic, on the page 156.

Last edited by Darkon on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Ok so do i need to put together stats for Job or something?! You know for playing when your not around like you said lol, cause i can do that... in fact that would be awesome lol awesome but probably
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 am

No, you don't need to put stats together for him. But you do need to "spend time" with him. Call him. Go visit him. Invite him to visit you. Have lunch, dinner, movies, nights out. Etc.

The basics of "developing" a contact in SR are the same as in RL. You have to go do things together. This is convenient when I'm not posting; because then you don't have me forcing you to post about something related to the story. It's a good way to put up a post every day; even though you may not have something in the game worth doing: "I call _____" is a good opening line for what could turn out to be a long and in-depth character building post. You could use it to develop your own character as well; in terms of character psychology, or educating your fellow players about how your character interacts with his contacts. I could go on about this, but I think you should have the idea so far.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:31 am

Wagata(understood) G and thanks for clearing that up im going to work on something for later when were down i gotta call him anyway for the order maybe ill invite him to the island. You know team approval pending and all ill bring it up in game when darkon's done doing her thing and i got the list from Starcraft... thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 7:17 am

Darkon: That post was excellent, and I applaud the initiative to take the story along in that direction. +2 Karma!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:03 am

Gala wrote:
Darkon: That post was excellent, and I applaud the initiative to take the story along in that direction. +2 Karma!

Thank you very much. And likewise, I would like to say, your post with Eleanor was awesome and inspiring. If you weren't the GM I'd suggest a karma award Wink

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:44 am

Heh, yeah, that would be an interesting post... "I'm not biased. But I liked my own post so much that I am awarding myself a Karma award."
I guess the really interesting question is: Where do I apply it? I mean, I post for several NPCs at this point... Should I just add it on to my total on my Profile page - you know, the one for the fictitious character that everyone posts at some point? But then, if I did that, what do I spend it on? Since it's a Profile character, it doesn't get submitted to any games; so I can have anything I want. Then what good is Karma?
I know! I'll apply it to Watashi!
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Now lets just hope watashi doenst tryto kill us. >.>
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Well, I meant Karma award from the players for the GM. And for Eleonore of course, since it was her post. Wink But then again, I wouldn't mind if you use the karma on one of your characters. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 am

Kouryuu: Great Post! +1 Karma.

I will need a couple of rolls in order to complete my portion of this. All, see the following:

Viking: I need a Magic Theory roll, a Ritual Spellcasting roll, and a Drain Resist roll.
LT/Kesslan: You may roll Magic Theory as an "Assistence" roll for Specter - as you've both chosen to attend.
Specter: I need a Magic Theory (Include +1 dice for each 2 successes on the Magic Theory rolls) roll, a Magic+Intuition roll, a Summoning roll, a Ritual Spellcasting roll, and a 2 Drain Resist rolls. You do not need to account for any drain damage in your rolls; you may assume that the drain tests both come at the completion of the ritual.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Gala wrote:
Viking: I need a Magic Theory roll, a Ritual Spellcasting roll, and a Drain Resist roll.
Magic Theory roll(2)
Drain Resist roll(3) - Have no skill in this, and there is no Defaulting allowed,but can try to learn the point with Karma as I now have 4 king so if it's allowed then use this roll, if not then i just cant do it anyway. will wait until your decision before putting it down in Karma log.
Ritual Spellcasting roll(1)

Last edited by Kouryuu.LV on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Unfortuantely I don't have magic theory.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Kesslan wrote:
Unfortuantely I don't have magic theory.
at least it's something you can default on, I think.

Not sure If Viking can join Spectre in the second Part, again depending on tradition and Ritual spell-casting i guess.
but if so, holding off Posting on the Sec issues for now, but he will propose Watchers, at least a few from him.
AS well as the Watchers that are making the map of the island at the moment, 3 Crows king can warn about intruders.
the total number of Viking Watchers can be 5, so this is a good start.
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:57 am

I'm sorry, but I don't think one can default on magic theory. It's too specialized.

Gala wrote:
Specter: I need a Magic Theory (Include +1 dice for each 2 successes on the Magic Theory rolls) roll, a Magic+Intuition roll, a Summoning roll, a Ritual Spellcasting roll, and a 2 Drain Resist rolls. You do not need to account for any drain damage in your rolls; you may assume that the drain tests both come at the completion of the ritual.

Magic theory: here = 1 extra die

EDIT: New Magic theory roll as told by Gala: here Still only 2 hits.

Extra die: here = 0 hits

Magic + Intuition: here = 4 hits

Summoning: here = 2 hits

Ritual spellcasting: here =5hits (yay)

Drain: )here

I added the stun modifier of -2 to all but the drain roll. Also, I didn't know for what the extra dice from the magic theory roll would apply, so I rolled it separately.

Last edited by Darkon on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Save your Karma Kouryuu - There are better things to spend it on than Ritual Spellcasting. The only reason to have it is if you'd taken the Sorcery Skill Group. It can be a really cool tool to use in higher-powered games, but it has to be a super-magic-heavy game for it to be worth taking. And if I was going to take us in that direction, I would have asked all Magicians to take it from the beginning.

All: For the purposes of this roll: You can default on Magic Theory. Go ahead and post the rolls so that Darkon can reroll Specter's Magic Theory roll with the potentail bonus dice.

Darkon: Once you have the bonus dice from the others, add those to your Magic Theory dice pool, and re-roll the entire thing. As I stated before, you get +1 bonus dice for each 2 successes that the other team members roll. So if Kesslan rolls and gets 2 successes, then you'll be rolling Magic Theory with an extra die. If Viking and LT each get 2 successes as well, then you get 3 bonus die (1 for each). Note: You do not get to add 2 rolls together for bonus die. That means that if LT and Viking both roll 3 successes, you get 2 bonus dice; 1 from each of them.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Also: Kesslan: +1 Karma for dropping the Masking. That was EXCELLENT RP relative to character-abilities. I'm very impressed!
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:47 pm

Viking I liked the shout about LT in your post Solid! Its not my best post LT is not much of a caster. i was sure i was spot on with it but not enough i guess... As i said granted its not one of my best for sure nope guess i gotta try a lengthier post... idk... catching up then ill post...

Also i don't know what magic theory defaults too Im not sure what to roll did not see it...
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Ghostmaker wrote:
Viking I liked the shout about LT in your post Solid! Its not my best post LT is not much of a caster. i was sure i was spot on with it but not enough i guess... As i said granted its not one of my best for sure nope guess i gotta try a lengthier post... idk... catching up then ill post...

Also i don't know what magic theory defaults too Im not sure what to roll did not see it...
As far as I know it's logic, at least i used logic.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:06 pm

yeah i got a two logic so im gonna do more harm then good plus i cant even get the three success to help not gonna roll to rich for my blood but i participated that's cool... Unless you really think i should G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 10 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 26 ... 43  Next