Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

@Darkon: The Spirit acts on your initiative. It will aid as it can. Don't forget that using it's powers will cost a service.
- Also, since it acts on your initiative, you may RP it's interactions with you, the rest of the team, and the enemies, as you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 am

the power, Darkon...imagine the power
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Number of posts : 1351
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:52 pm

The combat would count as one service, which still leaves Specter with two services left.

Can the spirit use elemental powers from the astral plane? Or does it have to materialize first? It would attempt to push Ashe out of harms way with an airblast.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 12:56 pm

air blast lol cant swoop in and grab her up lol air blast sounds like when she lands its gonna hurt lol might hurt getting the initial impact from a force what spirit?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:00 pm

It's more meant to push her to the ground. No damage intended. Though, given the perception roll I just rolled for Specter, it isn't likely she would find the enemy if she stumbled over them herself. With the distracted modifier, Specter has only two dice for her perception roll. And had no hits. Wouldn't it be possible to use assenssing instead of perception on the astral?

Maybe I better let Specter pull Ashe out of the way, and have the spirit use engulf on one, or if possible, two of the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:02 pm

I like that better two birds one stone
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:05 pm

It's really up to you how you divide and conquer here.

The spirit has to materialize first before it can affect the material plane in any way.

As a reminder: the Spirit has Logic and Intuition both at 5. That means it's smarter than Specter. It won't cost a service for the Spirit to order Specter to do something... Wink If you walk that fine-line of metagaming, though, I expect to see superb RP and a great post with top-of-the-line dialogue (thought dialogue with the spirit is instantaneous - so no 6-word limit)!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am

Well alright. Then the spirit won't be able to use any skill or power in this IP. Luckily, it has two passes. Smile

If Specter uses assensing, it also takes away her action, right? I've got the bad feeling she's the moste useless character in this group combat related so far. Sleep

At least her spirit is a bit useful. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am

you wanna see useless check out my so called ninja medic in my character roster lol first one terribly useless as a ninja or a medic i dont use him lol
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 am

I hope the post suffice to support the metagaming.

She's a dragon shaman. And those just don't take orders from others. At least, not without some effort.

On the other hand, I want the characters to survive. Wink Both Specter and Ashe. And the rest of the group as well, of course.

Cool But the elf girls are simply too cute to die. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:05 am

LMAO!! "Too cute to die" Thats so funny lol my troll is but ugly lol im going to die by that reasoning lol
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:34 am

Oh no. He's funny. That's good too. And I was speaking from a completely personal point of view. Very Happy Not from an objective one.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

i know you good!!! Cool afro
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

Darkon wrote:
Well alright. Then the spirit won't be able to use any skill or power in this IP. Luckily, it has two passes.
No, that's not actually true. Accident does not require materialization. Accident works more like a "cloud" of bad luck. Example: the shooting ricochet's on the racks, knocking a box down on top of the target. What are the odds? Also, Astral Combat doesn't require materialization - and is extraordinarily effective against someone who can't defend themselves! Keep in mind: not all Adepts have Astral Sight. And, at the moment the battle is happening entirely in the physical plane. As yet, there is every good reason to believe that even opponents who can perceive astrally are currently choosing not to, since there's no current astral threat.
And since I've said that: it's too late for you to change your actions. Smile

And yes, your RP was more than sufficient for the Metagaming.
For next time, recall what pointed out above: there were other ways to go about this. And I could come up with yet more solutions to this particular problem. There are always creative solutions to problems. Sometimes you need GM approval for them. But there are always creative ways to go about it.

Last edited by Gala on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:59 pm

@Kouryuu: You're up!
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

But for astral combat, the opponent must at least be astrally perceiving. Or there is no... grip. Even mages, when not astrally perceiving or projecting, can't be attacked from the astral plane. Or can they? Which would mean any spirit could attack any mundane from the astral plane.

Also, even the spirit had no hits on the perception roll. No idea how I managed to do that.

I always get my best ideas right after I did what I could think up beforehand. Which never is as cool. Wink Esprit de escalateur, as the french call it.

That said. I love creative ideas when I GM.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:10 pm

No, they don't need to be perceiving, they need to be astrally active. The two are not always the same thing. If you have an active spell, magical effect, power, or even an active focus, you're astrally active, even when you're not astrally perceiving. Conversely, if you don't have any active spells, powers, effects, or foci, but you are perceiving, you're astrally active. In fact, as messed up as it is, even being the target of a magical effect makes you astrally active. The most famous example of this is the Adept Power Delayed Damage, which would make a character/NPC astrally active until the damage delay ran out (or was countered). A more immediate example: The opponent who was just lit up by the lightning bolt is also a viable target for the Spirit, as the opponent is astrally active for the duration of the Initiative Pass.
All of those are sufficient conditions, while no single one of them is necessary.

And you're right, the Spirit scored a 0, so it would only notice something as blindingly obvious as a magician casting a spell... Like, maybe, a lightning bolt. This does severely limit the Spirit's action options... Though it does not reduce the options to 1.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:52 am

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu: You're up!

sorry for being late.

One question, is pressing trough the barrier what kind of action?
Back to top Go down
Darkon
Fixer
Fixer
Darkon

Character sheet
Character Name:
Race:
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 am

Ah. I did completely forget about spells foci and the like making someone astrally active. Ah well, too late now. Wink The spirit has another pass, and will hopefully use it well. Specter, though useless in immediate combat right now, at least managed to save Ashe a few bulletholes. Or so I hope. Smile

And the lightning bolt is the only reason Specter found Ashe. Wink Good thing she casted that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm

@Kouryuu: It's called "Pressing Through" and is a normal ability, known and understood by all awakened. You have a direct opposed test of Magic+Charisma versus 2xforce (if a spell) or just the barrier rating for physical objects.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 2:39 pm

@Kouryuu: You see most of the group you were following.
One of them has just been hit by a spell of some sort, and is showing the recent effects of it.
They are most, if not all, in an aggressive state, and angry, or mad-as-hell.
Nothing else is quite obvious yet.
You're in a warehouse of some sort, and there are racks of stuff all around.
The other team doesn't seem to have noticed you yet.
Jack and his Spirit also press through and appear by your side.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm

Gala wrote:
@Kouryuu: It's called "Pressing Through" and is a normal ability, known and understood by all awakened. You have a direct opposed test of Magic+Charisma versus 2xforce (if a spell) or just the barrier rating for physical objects.

I meant if it's free, simple or complex Smile
so i know how much actions i have to spend on the remaining IP.

it might be no action as well just part of movement?

Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:10 pm

Ahh, got it! It's a complex action. And so will be any variation on getting the Spirit to your side as well. It can press through as well; or it can travel to you, following your link. In either case, it is a complex action.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 1:07 am

Quote :
Awakened characters have learned other methods of forcing their
way through an astral barrier, however, and may “press through” a barrier
with a Magic + Charisma Opposed Test against the barrier’s Force
x 2. If the character scores more net hits, she forces her way through
the barrier to the other side. The character may also bring a number of
friends, spirits, active foci, sustained spells, or other astral forms with
her through the barrier equal to the net hits scored. If the barrier scores
more hits, the character fails to break through.

Gala wrote:
Ahh, got it! It's a complex action. And so will be any variation on getting the Spirit to your side as well. It can press through as well; or it can travel to you, following your link. In either case, it is a complex action.
Is this meant about the spirit guarding the plane or the one concealing me?

So i take it that i have 4 complex actions to take to get all my Foci and spirit trough the barrier,
pity it's not really well explained in the book, said in the book. As it means i will have no actions until CT 3 (4 IP's used for 1 spirit and 3 foci, as i really can not meta-game releasing it before i know that there is fighting inside.)

am i right with that?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:11 am

I'm going to take the highlighted phrase to mean that they all pass through the barrier with you on your single complex action. So, in addition to my previously mentioned options for the Spirit to pass through the barrier, you can also bring it with you while you press through. For the sake of fairness. though, I am going to rule that it doesn't get to take an action on the same IP after you've taken it through the barrier with you (imagine - a magician and a spirit press through the wall of your cozy hidey-hole, and the spirit attacks immediately... I don't think you want me doing that!). You and Jack will still be able to act on the next IP.

And, btw: you have 3 IPs while you're projecting, not 1. So even if it did take 4 IPs to bring yourself, the foci and the spirit, that would only take you just over 1 full CT, not 4. Fortunately for you, it will only take one full IP, leaving you some actions yet in this CT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 35 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next