Shadowrun Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who said running the shadows was easy? Dodging bullets, swords, spirits, and spells just to name a few. Elves, Dwarves, Trolls, even the occasional Dragon can make any Shadowrun go bad.

Shadowrun HomeHomeA Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 SHADOWCHATLatest imagesSearchRegisterNew RunnersLog in

A Time For Secrets OOC

Go down 
+4
Darkon
Kouryuu.LV
Gala
Kesslan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Number of posts : 3114
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Character sheet
Character Name: ix Sama
Race: Elf
Sex: Male

A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 am

G as always i agree with your assessment your right and if i may ill change the shots from suppression fire, to a burst short what that three bullets or something, and if you allow that then ill edit and done like said "if" if not then ill re-roll. sound good?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Number of posts : 3061
Registration date : 2010-01-27

Character sheet
Character Name: Gala
Race: Human
Sex: Female

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Not a problem. The numbers are the same for a burst. Are you shooting both bursts at your single target? Or are you shooting a burst at one target, and the second burst at a different target?
- Don't forget the -1 per bullet in the first burst penalty when firing your second burst; so if you fired a 2-bullet burst, the second round is at a -2.
- Also don't forget that Recoil Compensation can compensate for some or all of the bullets in your first burst. So if you have RC -2, then a double 2-bullet burst will have no penalties.
- And finally: if you're shooting at a second target, don't forget the -1 penalty for changing targets.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:19 pm

Ok im handling a crisis umm RL work related security breach can't say to much umm give me till six ill have the switch and correct math i hope k thanks for the info G
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Ok i edited did you want a reroll, or idk, i will though i will look up what i need just in case
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:16 am

You don't need to re-roll, per se. But Burst Fire is a Simple action, so you can do it twice. Or you can do something else with your second simple action. But you have to do something.
- And if you're attacking again don't forget the Recoil penalties.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 am

ok im good on actions no second shot hope that's ok
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 8:58 am

Hey Gala, I don't think there is a language check for a language you are a native speaker for. If you still want me to make one then I need to know how many dice you want me to roll as native proficiency doesn't, far as I know anyway, assign you a default level (though I guess it would be 6?)

Perception Test: 0 Hits Sad
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 10:50 am

Sorry - I'd forgotten that you're native in Aztl. As you say: there's no check for that. Sent you a PM with the details.

And ouch! You only needed 1 success!! You can throw an edge to re-roll all failures (which is all dice, at this point) if you want. Seeing who you were shooting at seems like a fairly important roll, in the grand scheme of things. Let me know?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 am

@Kouryuu: Viking is up.
Back to top Go down
Kesslan
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 2140
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Character sheet
Character Name: Kesslan
Race: GM
Sex:

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:36 am

Gala wrote:

And ouch! You only needed 1 success!! You can throw an edge to re-roll all failures (which is all dice, at this point) if you want. Seeing who you were shooting at seems like a fairly important roll, in the grand scheme of things. Let me know?

As I only have one Edge I'm saving it for actual emergencies like oh god oh god if I don't make this roll I'm going to die.
Back to top Go down
Kouryuu.LV
Mr. Johnson
Mr. Johnson
Kouryuu.LV

Number of posts : 658
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Character sheet
Character Name: Kouryuu.LV

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 10:40 am

Kouryuu.LV wrote:
Rolls for the IC 2nd post.

Summoning air spirit F5 8d6.hits(5)=3

spirit resisting summon 5d6.hits(5)=2

resisting drain DV4 - 10d6.hits(5)=0 not a glitch

rerolling misses on the drain test 10d6.hits(5)=1 Taking 3 drain damage

-1 edge
3 stun damage taken

this happened while back on the plane when Viking left, i think he would have had time to heal or does it not count toward reducing stun damage Smile

will do post tonight anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Damage only heals while resting - he hasn't been resting...
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

@Jagger: Seig is up. Let me know if you need anything from me.
- Seig is currently operating in Stealth mode, so please provide a stealth roll. It will not count as an action, as Seig was already hidden, but I need the roll.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2008-12-22

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 12:22 pm

Agility 6 + Urban Infiltration 7 = 13 dice
Stealth
2 hits (ugh!)
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 6:17 am

@Jagger: The following is what I posted for Kesslan and LT - they apply to Seig as well.
The flashlights are obvious. To attempt to locate a target based on the flashlight source, you'll need a perception check:
- Astral: Perception (2) check (then apply the penalty for physical actions based on astral perception)
- Blind Fighting: Perception (2) check (you may locate them and "guess" where their body is, and shoot there - that's a Blind-Fighting shot)
- No Astral/Blind penalty: Perception (4) check
- You do not have to choose before your roll (except Astral/Physical, of course) - you may attack based on the results of your perception check.
- If you succeed in your perception check, please apply the partial-cover modifier to your shot (though you need not apply the moving target modifier)
As usual, if you take the free-action to perceive, it's at the -2 "distracted" penalty; if you use a simple action to "observe in detail" you may add the bonus as well. You do not need to choose ahead of time - so if the free-action perception check is insufficient, you can "continue to look, looking harder" so to speak, and use a simple action for the "observe in detail" action (you don't get the free action back though - so if you choose to observe, then observe in detail, you only have 1 simple and 0 free actions remaining).

With a 1 on your perception check, you see flashlight beams bouncing around, but you don't have a target. As you can see in the last sentence above: you can "look harder" if you want. Let me know what you want to do.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 am

I started to add the individual actions at the bottom of my post, then chose not to, thinking it was obvious...my bad.

Seig is basically delaying his action in lieu of one (or more) opponents getting closer to his position. He doesn't know who else (the mark we're after, for instance) might be in the warehouse, so he doesn't want to shoot blindly around the area.

I'll make further posts more clear.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:43 am

You can't further delay - if you don't act, your action for this IP will be complete.
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2013 9:34 pm

@Jagger: A turn is made up of 3 actions: a free action, a simple action, and a second simple action. Alternately, the turn can be a free action and a complex action. You have used your free action, for the first perception test. Why wouldn't you take a second perception test? You still have 2 simple actions - and one of them can be used for a second perception test (I stated such previously). But if you don't do that, you lose both simple actions... And since you're up first next IP - so you may wish you'd used your second perception check...
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 am

ok, I misunderstood.

I'll re-edit my post to include another Perception check
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:37 am

Nice roll Jagger! I think a three hit gets you the target your looking for, or a target... not sure which... I had a problem with the rolls too... Its not hard to call it if your a good GM I guess or a rules lawyer either or is helpful, but My Memory is shot! Like i suck at anything that's not a like a mantra lol if i Don't say it and write it then i don't get it i gotta constantly read the books and my pc sheet all the time like for the same rolls over and over (kind of embarrassing...) Just to keep up, But Keep kicking tale you'll figure it out, and Gala Thanks for having some much patients with me...

Well i got Contracts to read i sooo hate reading agreements in legal terms I'm terrible at this but im learning sort of i guess... Lata
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 6:59 am

yeah Ghostmaker, when I used to play D&D I had all the rules by memory, I could rattle off whatever rule fit the situation without ever having to look at a book... but now with SR4 I can't seem to remember anything for more than 5 minutes... guess its 'Old Timer's' creeping up on me.

And like Ghostmaker said, Gala, thanks for your (and the other players as well) patience. I try not to hold up the game any more than I can avoid.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Ghostmaker

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 am

You Good Homie!! Cool afro
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 10:51 am

@Jagger: Most perception checks do not follow the "Extended Test" rules; and certainly not in a combat situation. So you don't get to add Perception check successes. 2 hits or 3 hits are both the same - they allow you to fire at a target, but you're using the "Blind Fighting" penalty. In game terms, what that means is something like: you think you have a good read on where the person is, because of the way the flashlight beam is waving around. But you do not actually see a body to fire at. Which is why you're using the "Blind Fighting" penalty - it's literally a shot in the dark. In order to overcome that limitation, you will have to either score 4 successes on your perception check (stated previously), or perhaps change the circumstances... You could use a flashlight of your own, which would eliminate the "Blind Fighting" penalty for that one target. It would also give them the same advantage that you're currently enjoying: a flashlight to pinpoint as a possible target source. There are other ways to eliminate this issue as well, though I'm not giving them away.
For now: you've scored a 2 or above, so you may fire at a target. But you have not scored a 4 or above, so you are still firing with the "Blind Fighting" penalty.
Back to top Go down
Jagger
Fixer
Fixer

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:00 am

Gotcha... so do my rolls stand as failures (which is fine)? Or do you want me to reroll?
Back to top Go down
Gala
Corprate CEO
Corprate CEO
Gala

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:02 am

If you're still going to shoot, then re-roll please. Since "Blind Fighting" applies to the dice pool, not the final result, those are not failures.

[EDIT] As a reminder: Ultrasound or Thermographic Vision both reduce the penalty of full-dark. Make sure that if you have them in any form (natural, as a power, cyberware, or in your eye-wear) that you're including them for your perception, and for your shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Time For Secrets OOC   A Time For Secrets OOC - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Time For Secrets OOC
Page 33 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next